Saboga

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 Chevy 3100, 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I like the way the Bronco Sport drives in sport mode, and I notice the engine has a more aggressive exhaust tone. Is that real, or is that just the sound system?
Sponsored

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yep, it is fake... Ford calls it Engine Noise Enhancement, or ENE for short.....If you google "Ford ENE" you will find out how it works.... I still like it!

And I believe it is only on BS with the B&O sound system and it also includes ANC, active noise cancelling.

OP
OP
Saboga

Saboga

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 Chevy 3100, 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Haha! That's what I thought. I didn't see any way the computer could alter the exhaust system. What a cheesy trick! :)

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
simple way to confirm the exhaust noise is real or not is to be outside of the vehicle.

I do know there are other cars that the sound is real. I had one. There is/are flap(s) in the exhaust system that can be altered to generate the sound.

I can't find anything confirming the BS has active noise cancelling.

Ford probably removed that due to parts shortage. it will come with a pair ear plugs in the future and upgraded sound system means they will give you a set of cheap earbuds :)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Ford probably removed that due to parts shortage. it will come with a pair ear plugs in the future and upgraded sound system means they will give you a set of cheap earbuds :)
And we'll be happy to have them!

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My Golf GTi had a sound enhancement system. It used an electronically controlled baffle at the top of the firewall ( just in front of the windshield) that pushed vibrations into the cab at the base of the windshield. I do not believe that it involved the sound system act all.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
My Golf GTi had a sound enhancement system. It used an electronically controlled baffle at the top of the firewall ( just in front of the windshield) that pushed vibrations into the cab at the base of the windshield. I do not believe that it involved the sound system act all.
Yup, the “Soudactor” was something I removed from my Golf R. It also had a flapper in the exhaust that would open generally above a certain rpm. It was actuated by vacuum.

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have one sitting next to garage still. First thing you take off. Replace with block off plate with a vac port to run true vac to the bov. Took up a lot of space and sounded terrible. Don't think there is one on BB.

Ford Bronco Sport More aggressive sound in Sport Mode? PXL_20221204_213352126

thor52879

Badlands
First Name
Thor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands (Badlands package)
Anyone found a way to turn it off? Everyone who rides with me says it’s like making motorcycle sound while riding a bicycle :(

Between that and the screaming brakes in reverse my BL is making me an easy target for Ford jokes

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The audio system "engine enhancement" sound is piped through in the Sport, Normal, and also Sand, Mud & Ruts, and Rock Crawl G.O.A.T. modes. Nothing in Eco nor Slippery modes that I have observed. Ford's rationalization for it was that drivers would want more audible feedback from the "engine" in the off-road driving modes (e.g. rather than looking at the tach). Something I could well do without (it's almost embarrassing).

PaulMN

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS
I too am interested in how to turn it off (if there is a way).
Sponsored