SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So I just dropped my 2021 outer Banks off at the dealership. For the last month I've been having an issue where my radio volume goes to 18, and shuts down there's a message that says saving power turn off engine or start it. And then it'll shut down and then come back on. It does it on and off. Well recently I had reported this to the dealership probably about a month ago whenever it started happen I took it to the dealership for an oil change and also reported it had them take a look and they said they didn't have time so they told me next time I bring it in the look. So I took it in for an inspection and then they didn't have time to do it again. A few days later i went to get into the car, and it wouldn't start I was getting all these error messages and everything like that and I just let the car sit for a little bit and then started it and it started back up just fine. When we were driving home on Sunday night, we were on the turnpike, that same message popped up on the radio screen and it's normal shutdown but then all of the interior lights went with it. It's 9:00 p.m. at night and I have no lights on the inside of my car. Radios off, the power locks and power windows don't work, heated seats and controls don't work, overhead interior lights won't work. Then I was getting an error message about my front camera disabled, then traction control disabled and then the brake light would pop on scaring the shit out of me because I'm going 80 mph on the turnpike. Luckily the only thing that worked was the cluster and my headlights. Has anybody else experienced anything like this and have they found a solution? I'm afraid to drive it as I am afraid that the electrical gear shift will shift me into park while I'm driving.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Attached is a video of it actually shutting down

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Very odd. It's as though the radio thinks you are parked with the ignition off, which is still odd, because I've done that before but my radio/screen just turns off. It doesn't give me that message.

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Very odd. It's as though the radio thinks you are parked with the ignition off, which is still odd, because I've done that before but my radio/screen just turns off. It doesn't give me that message.
That's how I felt too I felt like the car thinks it's not running and it's just running on battery power. Somehow I think there's some kind of electrical drain in the system somewhere. I even removed any kind of chargers, I have aftermarket lights that I disconnected from the battery, and I had a dash camera link to my OBD2 port that I also disconnected and made no difference. Hopefully the dealership can find the issue I just came here to see if anybody else had the same thing happen.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Have you tried 'rebooting' the car? Try a factory reset on the NAV/Radio screen, then disconnect the battery for a few minutes to drain any residual charge.

Doubt it'll do much, but it's worth a try.

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Have you tried 'rebooting' the car? Try a factory reset on the NAV/Radio screen, then disconnect the battery for a few minutes to drain any residual charge.

Doubt it'll do much, but it's worth a try.
Sadly yes. Yeah I did the reset and then disconnected the battery but neither one helped. It's just weird and not really finding anything out about it online so I'm guessing this isn't very common? Which is kind of worrying me as we all know that some of these have some pretty crazy issues.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
👽🛸????

Strange lights? I mean….

no seriously. I’ve been in similar situations and I feel for you! I hope they figure it out.

I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity being weird, bad company and all.

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
👽🛸????

Strange lights? I mean….

no seriously. I’ve been in similar situations and I feel for you! I hope they figure it out.

I just couldn’t pass up the opportunity being weird, bad company and all.
Lmao. If it was 👽👽👽👽 then they're following my wife and I almost everywhere. 😟😟😟

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Lmao. If it was 👽👽👽👽 then they're following my wife and I almost everywhere. 😟😟😟
Well, you wouldn’t remember. I saw the documentary where the two agents wear black suits and erased memories.

I’m suprised the story got out.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Then I was getting an error message about my front camera disabled, then traction control disabled and then the brake light would pop on scaring the shit out of me because I'm going 80 mph on the turnpike. Luckily the only thing that worked was the cluster and my headlights. Has anybody else experienced anything like this and have they found a solution? I'm afraid to drive it as I am afraid that the electrical gear shift will shift me into park while I'm driving.
This issue needs to be diagnosed and fixed by a Ford service center ASAP. Given this is an electrical issue, I would be far less concerned about an uncommanded shift into park (there are mechanical safeguards to prevent that) than losing the headlights while driving at night, especially doing 80 mph. My recommendation is don't drive it at night--at least at those speeds--until you get a diagnosis/fix.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Sounds like it should be towed to dealer not safe to drive.

I would look online find another dealer too. Look at dealer service reviews online. Level of dealers service varies greatly some good but most terrible. Need to find a good one. Most Lincoln dealers will do Ford warranty work too.

Might be loose connection or bad ground bad wire harness somewhere.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
So I just dropped my 2021 outer Banks off at the dealership. For the last month I've been having an issue where my radio volume goes to 18, and shuts down there's a message that says saving power turn off engine or start it. And then it'll shut down and then come back on. It does it on and off. Well recently I had reported this to the dealership probably about a month ago whenever it started happen I took it to the dealership for an oil change and also reported it had them take a look and they said they didn't have time so they told me next time I bring it in the look. So I took it in for an inspection and then they didn't have time to do it again. A few days later i went to get into the car, and it wouldn't start I was getting all these error messages and everything like that and I just let the car sit for a little bit and then started it and it started back up just fine. When we were driving home on Sunday night, we were on the turnpike, that same message popped up on the radio screen and it's normal shutdown but then all of the interior lights went with it. It's 9:00 p.m. at night and I have no lights on the inside of my car. Radios off, the power locks and power windows don't work, heated seats and controls don't work, overhead interior lights won't work. Then I was getting an error message about my front camera disabled, then traction control disabled and then the brake light would pop on scaring the shit out of me because I'm going 80 mph on the turnpike. Luckily the only thing that worked was the cluster and my headlights. Has anybody else experienced anything like this and have they found a solution? I'm afraid to drive it as I am afraid that the electrical gear shift will shift me into park while I'm driving.

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Unless it's a bad module, it sounds like a supply voltage issue. If the battery is not low, then it's possible there is a pinched harness or a fuse that is loose/partially blown/corroded.

But since it's at the dealer, I'd just let them sort it out from here. I's going to be warranty unless you did some modding/cutting on an electrical harness, or a rodent did.
Sponsored