The BS is really haunted! Maybe just smart?

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
So last night I turned down this main road that is lacking street lights so it’s quite dark, As soon as I turned the brights go on, I didn’t touch anything, a cars coming up in front , brights go off, it passes and the brights come on! I didn’t know it senses when it’s too dark and adjusts the lights and senses cars up ahead. What a cool feature! Anymore secrets? I keep my lights on Auto.
Sponsored

CoryB20

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Yep. Auto-high beams. They're handy but I prefer to switch the high beams on and off when I want, not when the sensor decides to do it.

Also remember that the auto-headlights won't normally come on if it's rainy (unless it's _really_ overcast) so switch them to manual "on" in the rain.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's just technology. If you havent had a newer vehicle for awhile, the BS does have tech features that are helpful.
On the other hand the BS doesnt have the level of technology that some other vehicles have.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Also remember that the auto-headlights won't normally come on if it's rainy (unless it's _really_ overcast) so switch them to manual "on" in the rain.
When my lights are on auto they come on if the wipers are on regardless of the light conditions. As for other tech treats, if you have fog lights and you turn, the light on that side will light.

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
When my lights are on auto they come on if the wipers are on regardless of the light conditions. As for other tech treats, if you have fog lights and you turn, the light on that side will light.
Yes for the lights/wipers (it’s the law in NY) but no for the fog/cornering lights. I think Ford discontinued that feature for the unfortunate 23+ owners.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Yes for the lights/wipers (it’s the law in NY) but no for the fog/cornering lights. I think Ford discontinued that feature for the unfortunate 23+ owners.
They sure did away with that feature for the 23’s, my 21 BigBend did the fogs on corners, my 23 OBX does not turn the fogs on, on corners.

Bronchette

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OB/17 Forester/90 Celica/98 Sierra/16 Silverado
My auto-brights are great, except for the fact they won't come on automatically when I'm driving down the one-lane road we live on. No street lights, nothing, and they won't come on unless I do it manually. Same thing on our long driveway, they will not volunteer. Otherwise, they work like a charm. Any clues as to what's going on? I thought maybe it was because the lane and driveway have no lines on it, but that's my best guess.

Reactions: Jrl

hf995

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My auto-brights are great, except for the fact they won't come on automatically when I'm driving down the one-lane road we live on. No street lights, nothing, and they won't come on unless I do it manually. Same thing on our long driveway, they will not volunteer. Otherwise, they work like a charm. Any clues as to what's going on? I thought maybe it was because the lane and driveway have no lines on it, but that's my best guess.
See highlights below. Having them shut off due to low speed is one of the silliest features of otherwise very useful system…

Ford Bronco Sport The BS is really haunted! Maybe just smart? IMG_6048

hf995

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport The BS is really haunted! Maybe just smart? IMG_6049

OP
OP
S Duncan

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yep. Auto-high beams. They're handy but I prefer to switch the high beams on and off when I want, not when the sensor decides to do it.

Great tip, thanks!

OP
OP
S Duncan

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
We go up to our cabin at 9000 feet and these will be so handy, we do it manually to watch for deer, I’m ordering a deer whistle someone mentioned on another thread and i’ll be all set!

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
There's a SYNC preference to turn cornering lights on or off. Are you sure they removed the feature and it isn't just set to "off" or defaulted to "off" from the factory?

OP
OP
S Duncan

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
There's a SYNC preference to turn cornering lights on or off. Are you sure they removed the feature and it isn't just set to "off" or defaulted to "off" from the factory?
Not sure, it turns brights on when in estra dark areas and when it detects a car coming towards me it turns off then on again. Is this separate from cornering? My old suv had the cornering lights, I like the feature. I’ll read owners manual as to options that can be set. Thanks!

Uncle Buck

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
We go up to our cabin at 9000 feet and these will be so handy, we do it manually to watch for deer, I’m ordering a deer whistle someone mentioned on another thread and i’ll be all set!
I'd suggest you save your money on the deer whistles. Some fairly extensive testing in 2003 showed that they were basically ineffective. Google "Are deer whistles on cars effective" and read some of the information that's out there. Seems the issue is they aren't loud enough to deter the deer at a sufficient distance to avoid collisions.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Agreed on skipping the deer whistles. I just read an insurance company report on avoiding deer and they say the whistles are useless. Also, the auto hi/lo on the headlights only appears to work over 35 mph.
Sponsored