TheNurm

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Eruption Green
We have the Trail Terrains on my Outer Banks and love them for an everyday take the kids to school and doctors appointments etc.. etc..
Ford Bronco Sport Lighter Off Road Tires IMG_0575
what size are they, Assuming those are the 18 inch wheels
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheNurm

TheNurm

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Eruption Green
Nice, looks great
after doing the Off Roadeo running the stock pirelli scorpions, in mud, sand and on rocks I am not as concerned with having K02s lol

CletusVanDam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
On BFG’s website they also vary in weight, the ones with raised white outlined letters are 7 lbs heavier than the ones without!
Wow, that white text is heavy!

I've been doing comparisons on Tire Rack, and have run into a couple oddities too. Like it shows the Falken AT3W is heavier in 225 (33) than it is in 235 (31).

It also shows the 235 Falken AT-Trails weighing in at 36 lbs,5 more than the AT3w's. Seems fishy.

As far as the stock 225 Pirelli ATR's that I have, shows them at 25. So if I go up to something around 40lbs, like the Mickey Thompsons, it would be a 60 lb difference. I can't figure out how big of a deal that is, or not...

Who out there has gone from a stock tire, like the Pirelli, and moved onto a notably heavier tire (like up around 40lb)? And how has it worked out? Any noticeable negative difference?

Ford Bronco Sport Lighter Off Road Tires tires.JPG

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Wow, that white text is heavy!

I've been doing comparisons on Tire Rack, and have run into a couple oddities too. Like it shows the Falken AT3W is heavier in 225 (33) than it is in 235 (31).

It also shows the 235 Falken AT-Trails weighing in at 36 lbs,5 more than the AT3w's. Seems fishy.

As far as the stock 225 Pirelli ATR's that I have, shows them at 25. So if I go up to something around 40lbs, like the Mickey Thompsons, it would be a 60 lb difference. I can't figure out how big of a deal that is, or not...

Who out there has gone from a stock tire, like the Pirelli, and moved onto a notably heavier tire (like up around 40lb)? And how has it worked out? Any noticeable negative difference?

Ford Bronco Sport Lighter Off Road Tires tires.JPG
Faulken AT3 at the 235 size are specifically made for Ford as the OEM tire for the BS. Because if this they weigh less, are less aggressive, and result in higher mpg for which they were designed to be within spec for Ford. That’s why even the narrower 225 weighs more. It’s manufactured at a different spec to the 235 OEM Ford tire size.

I run Toyo AT3 245s and get about 20-21 mpg per the computer. Actually closer to 20 or slightly below when hand calculated.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I've found a couple instances where TireRack's specs are different from those listed on the manufacturer's website. I don't know where/how the disconnect occurs, but consider checking specs at the manufacturer's site before making any decisions.
They even vary on the manufacturers site unless the raised white letter really add 7 lbs to each tire. If they were gold, I'd accept it but white should not add that much. 🤔

Last edited:

CletusVanDam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
The Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires are pretty light and look better than all of those too, imo
They're 39lbs, which is 13lbs heavier than the stock Pirelli's. That said, I think I'm going to buy them soon, mainly because they look cool and all the reviews and videos I've seen rate them very highly.

Among other tires mentioned in this thread, I think only Wildpeak AT4s are heavier.

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
They're 39lbs, which is 13lbs heavier than the stock Pirelli's. That said, I think I'm going to buy them soon, mainly because they look cool and all the reviews and videos I've seen rate them very highly.

Among other tires mentioned in this thread, I think only Wildpeak AT4s are heavier.
Yes, you are right. I typed this up in haste but they are fairly close in weight compared to a lot of other A/T tires. "Light" was probably the incorrect terminology. I have had them for about 26,000 miles and like them a lot. Minimal Road Noise, good wet performance, minimal wear, and aesthetically pleasing. I try to push them in every thread I see about tires :cwl:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
.. stock 225 Pirelli ATR's shows at 25.
@CletusVanDam I also have the stock factory Pirelli Scorpion ATR 225/65R17 102H tires, you were right about the tire weight (some websites list incorrect weight info for that tire). Pirelli Consumer Affairs confirmed the “weight of the tire is approximately 25.22 lbs”.

Btw the rotational weight of +60lbs is large and you would notice that

Last edited:

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I've found a couple instances where TireRack's specs are different from those listed on the manufacturer's website. I don't know where/how the disconnect occurs, but consider checking specs at the manufacturer's site before making any decisions.
Agreed. One way I deal with this, is to order just one mounted rim and tire from Tire Rack at first. Their return policy is a help in this. Then I weigh it at home and try out just one on my car for clearance and looks. That’s how I know the weight of all my wheels.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
I would just get the Falken Wildpeak AT4W. Unless you go with the NIttos you aren't saving that much weight. The Falken AT4W in a 245/65/17 is 40lbs. All the ones you listed are 36lbs-40lbs. in that size.

Last edited:

CletusVanDam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Yes, you are right. I typed this up in haste but they are fairly close in weight compared to a lot of other A/T tires. "Light" was probably the incorrect terminology. I have had them for about 26,000 miles and like them a lot. Minimal Road Noise, good wet performance, minimal wear, and aesthetically pleasing. I try to push them in every thread I see about tires :cwl:
Heavy or not, I'm getting them installed at Discount Tire on Saturday.

I'm going to keep the Pirelli's as emergency backup since they still have a lot of tread left -- but not new enough to sell.

This thread got derailed from OP wanting to know about light AT tires, to suggestions about 39lb Mickey Thompson's and 40lb AT4's. :cwl: