Keyless entry on all doors?

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Do all of the doors on the BS have keyless entry sensors? Or is it just the front doors?
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Do all of the doors on the BS have keyless entry sensors? Or is it just the front doors?
You adjust the settings using the Infotainment system, there is an option to disable Proximity sensor, allow only the drivers door or all doors to be opened, (I have it set to unlock the drivers door, once the drivers door is opened a bit the others will unlock)

OP
OP
rdc17

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
You adjust the settings using the Infotainment system, there is an option to disable Proximity sensor, allow only the drivers door or all doors to be opened, (I have it set to unlock the drivers door, once the drivers door is opened a bit the others will unlock)
When the car is locked and you go to open a rear door with the key on you, does it unlock?

OP
OP
rdc17

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Not the rear doors. Sensors are on front doors and liftgate.
Thanks....would have been nice to have the sensors on all 4, but it's not a huge deal.

Remotecellphone

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima Coupe
Would you mind explaining how to get to that setting? Is it in Setting > Vehicle?

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Is anyone having a problem with the lift gate not unlocking. I was sure it used to unlock without having to get my key out and press the button but now I have to unlock it first to open it. The front doors still work when I have the key on me but the lift gate doesn’t anymore. The taillights just blink when go to open it.

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Is anyone having a problem with the lift gate not unlocking. I was sure it used to unlock without having to get my key out and press the button but now I have to unlock it first to open it. The front doors still work when I have the key on me but the lift gate doesn’t anymore. The taillights just blink when go to open it.
I experienced this issue today. I could have sworn I could unlock the lift gate with my key in my pocket/in close proximity but then all of a sudden, I can no longer do it. Curiously, I can unlock and open the glass...

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork

Same issue here. Have had the BS since end of December, never had to press the unlock button for the liftgate. Now I do. I assumed they pushed out an over the air update or something.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Would you mind explaining how to get to that setting? Is it in Setting > Vehicle?
Settings > vehicle settings > locks
You you can disable proximity sensor
Set he remote to open all or just the drivers doors and other settings.
Looks like I was not correct before about adjusting what can use the proximity sensor. I thought I saw it the other day when I was checking out the settings.

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same issue here. Have had the BS since end of December, never had to press the unlock button for the liftgate. Now I do. I assumed they pushed out an over the air update or something.
Ok glad I'm not the only one. I wish they had left that feature, I liked it. I wonder if there is a way to reverse this? To get that feature back?

Last edited:

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I experienced this issue today. I could have sworn I could unlock the lift gate with my key in my pocket/in close proximity but then all of a sudden, I can no longer do it. Curiously, I can unlock and open the glass...
I'll have to go try the glass. That's interesting

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I assumed they pushed out an over the air update or something.
Without taking this off-topic, when they push out updates OTA, does the BS have to be connected to WiFi? As far I know, my BS never has because I had issues connecting to my home WiFi. I looked into it and it's a SYNC quirk (even though I never had an issue with my F-150).

So I guess what I'm saying is if being connected to WiFi IS a requirement to get the update, then that's not the case for me since I would have never gotten the update.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Without taking this off-topic, when they push out updates OTA, does the BS have to be connected to WiFi? As far I know, my BS never has because I had issues connecting to my home WiFi. I looked into it and it's a SYNC quirk (even though I never had an issue with my F-150).

So I guess what I'm saying is if being connected to WiFi IS a requirement to get the update, then that's not the case for me since I would have never gotten the update.
Ever trying connecting to WiFi elsewhere? But...my understanding (could be wrong) is that FordPass Connect over 4G is FREE and supports all of these related operations (OTA updates, limited remote starts, etc.?)? And the same over WiFi as you would -- should be able to access at home or elsewhere. I wonder what the SYNC3 problem with you WiFi is? AFAIK the PAID FordPass Connect service is only for the WiFi hotspot feature?

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ever trying connecting to WiFi elsewhere? But...my understanding (could be wrong) is that FordPass Connect over 4G is FREE and supports all of these related operations (OTA updates, limited remote starts, etc.?)? And the same over WiFi as you would -- should be able to access at home or elsewhere. I wonder what the SYNC3 problem with you WiFi is? AFAIK the PAID FordPass Connect service is only for the WiFi hotspot feature?
I have not tried connecting WiFi elsewhere, but you may be right about OTA updates being performed using 4G LTE. I also think these updates can be performed via WiFi, or at least it seemed like an option in my '17 F-150. I did find this article that seems to confirm wireless OTA updates on newer vehicles (2020+):

https://corporate.ford.com/articles/products/over-the-air-software-updates.html

And while it doesn't explicitly say '4G LTE', I'm assuming that's how they would apply the updates wirelessly. The only issue I have is at the bottom of the article where it says, "Customers can receive notifications detailing the software updates when they are available and can even opt in to have the updates applied automatically over Wi-Fi or cellular connections. In-vehicle alerts will then tell customers what updates were installed when they start the vehicle the next time."

So does that mean I should receive an alert on my infotainment screen when I receive updates? If I have received an OTA update, I do not remember seeing an alert on start-up or while driving.
Sponsored