First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
For many upset about the vehicles sitting in storage waiting on a part, see if you can find a bronco or a BS heading to a lot or like Jerry just move on. Ford will repair those vehicles. They will sell, likely above MSRP wether it's to you or to some lucky buyer on a lot. Their job is to produce vehicles and make profit. It's a hard reality, but it's been working for over a hundred years. 2020/21 is proving to be a rough year for car buying. All the car companies are starting to show the same issues. Suck it up or move on.
Sure just move on and don't call out Ford for having their head in the sand. Got it....

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert Head In Sand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
MikeH back as a troll?
Actually, Tom. 34 years in a Ford plant. Love and hate relationship. Loved getting paid, hated working there. It was a job. A car is a car. Ford will keep selling cars wether I retire, you end up keeping your deal, or you show pictures on a web chat and bitch and moan. I have a feeling nobody is going to tell either of you anything you would listen to anyways.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Actually, Tom. 34 years in a Ford plant. Love and hate relationship. Loved getting paid, hated working there. It was a job. A car is a car. Ford will keep selling cars wether I retire, you end up keeping your deal, or you show pictures on a web chat and bitch and moan. I have a feeling nobody is going to tell either of you anything you would listen to anyways.
I read it.

I didn't out of hand dismiss what you wrote, we have different points of view so no problems there. You took it upon yourself to come after me, I pushed back a little. Meh...

I remember when all US automakers had this attitude. It was buy from us or what?. Then the Japanese came along and really started to take away market share, now the Koreans are coming on strong. Ford better wise up both in how they treat their customers and how they design and build their vehicles. The imports have already come very close to forcing Ford out of the car market. If they get serious about full size trucks the F150 may be in trouble someday.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I canā€™t say Iā€™ve heard anything concrete ā˜¹
I was told those dates were ā€œworst caseā€ but now as we are getting closer with no updates Iā€™m worried those dates are just a pipe dream.
I think its pretty close. My dealer pulled up some report that said my build will be finalized week of 10/22 and Ford tracker is telling me ETA 10/31 which probably means more like a November delivery. My car is built and waiting a chip and the recall to be fixed. Iā€™m renewing my lease again but at least now Ford sent me a letter saying they will pay the sales tax on my lease renewal.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m renewing my lease again but at least now Ford sent me a letter saying they will pay the sales tax on my lease renewal.
There someone named Valerie on Facebook group said same thing. That great they pay sales tax to help out.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
There someone named Valerie on Facebook group said same thing. That great they pay sales tax to help out.
Yup thats me! It works out to about $250 every time I renew my lease at 3 month intervals and one of the things I complained about to Ford customer service. If waiting wasnā€™t costing me money Iā€™d be more patient but when its like paying a fine every three months itā€™s annoying. So far between the two lease renewals that $500 is a help. Iā€™m just glad they are doing something for waiting customers now instead of completely not giving a crap that we continue to wait and pay.

Itā€™s a freakinā€™ racket. The state charges sales tax when I take out the lease, on renewals and then once I turn the car in and they sell it, they will collect tax on the car again. Totally ridiculous for the consumer.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Yup thats me! It works out to about $250 every time I renew my lease at 3 month intervals and one of the things I complained about to Ford customer service. If waiting wasnā€™t costing me money Iā€™d be more patient but when its like paying a fine every three months itā€™s annoying. So far between the two lease renewals that $500 is a help. Iā€™m just glad they are doing something for waiting customers now instead of completely not giving a crap that we continue to wait and pay.
Yeah thats great they are doing something to help.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah thats great they are doing something to help.
I bet there are enough people waiting for BS and big broncos that are throwing in the towel and moving onto something else and thatā€™s why Ford is finally doing something to try to keep people from going to competitors. In the past they were pretty much not giving a crap if people had to wait but now that is hitting them in the pocket they have to do something. I could be wrong but there has to be a reason.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I bet there are enough people waiting for BS and big broncos that are throwing in the towel and moving onto something else and thatā€™s why Ford is finally doing something to try to keep people from going to competitors. In the past they were pretty much not giving a crap if people had to wait but now that is hitting them in the pocket they have to do something. I could be wrong but there has to be a reason.
That is very sig help they are providing those taxes are pricey. There are marketing tools Ford can connect to social media and car forums ect that use AI to automatically determine customer sediments. Throw money at a marketing company boom instant dash boards reports this is how customers feel out there on the internet. Very easy to get that information....

3rlc

First Name
3rlc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
I think its pretty close. My dealer pulled up some report that said my build will be finalized week of 10/22 and Ford tracker is telling me ETA 10/31 which probably means more like a November delivery. My car is built and waiting a chip and the recall to be fixed. Iā€™m renewing my lease again but at least now Ford sent me a letter saying they will pay the sales tax on my lease renewal.

3rlc

First Name
3rlc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Same here. Ordered a Badlands with BL package on Feb 10th. Been in production since June with no further info, except an ETA of Nov. 3rd. Dealer says he can't get any further info. Sold my vehicle, as I expected to have the new vehicle in June. Car sharing is a pain in the neck. Not at all impressed with Ford and wished I never placed this order, but I hate to lose my hard earned $500 deposit. Does anyone know if they are giving deposits back with cancelled orders?

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I canā€™t say Iā€™ve heard anything concrete ā˜¹
I was told those dates were ā€œworst caseā€ but now as we are getting closer with no updates Iā€™m worried those dates are just a pipe dream.
I added mine to my FordPass over a month ago and it came back unknown.....I just tried it again today and it let me Activate it,...but I couldn't go and start it to finish adding it L0L...So I am saying it probably has the chip in it now and MAYBE getting ready to ship or possibly is already shipped. What you think?

Sbrock11

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same here. Ordered a Badlands with BL package on Feb 10th. Been in production since June with no further info, except an ETA of Nov. 3rd. Dealer says he can't get any further info. Sold my vehicle, as I expected to have the new vehicle in June. Car sharing is a pain in the neck. Not at all impressed with Ford and wished I never placed this order, but I hate to lose my hard earned $500 deposit. Does anyone know if they are giving deposits back with cancelled orders?
As far as I know all deposits are refundable. I put down 3 separate deposits playing the game of musical broncos and I was refunded the first two, and the last deposit went towards the one I ultimately purchased.

OP
OP

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
I added mine to my FordPass over a month ago and it came back unknown.....I just tried it again today and it let me Activate it,...but I couldn't go and start it to finish adding it L0L...So I am saying it probably has the chip in it now and MAYBE getting ready to ship or possibly is already shipped. What you think?
I was able to put mine in a few months agoā€¦.mine still shows itā€™s missing the RCM on ETIS ā˜¹
Sponsored