June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
All I'm seeing are Badlands with Badlands pkg here, are there any early orders for Bronco Sports other than BL/BL parked in Desert Jail?
Badlands I am assuming has a different chip for something that is the most difficult to get.
Sponsored

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
All I'm seeing are Badlands with Badlands pkg here, are there any early orders for Bronco Sports other than BL/BL parked in Desert Jail?
I have an Area 51 BB+BB package w/moonoof and 360+ out there waiting. Ordered 3/31, in production since 6/17, ETA 10/31.

I've given up on it and am going to order a 22 when the order books open next week. It was ordered by accident anyway from a dealer I didn't really want to work with.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
BL+BL, tow, CMS, 360+, 235's
Area51
ordered 3/18/21
Cooking in the desert since 6/14/21
ESTIMATED delivery 11/3/21

Last edited:

Cinder Soot

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Jeep Wrangler 2 Dr, 15' GMC Canyon crew cab.
Ordered BL with BL pkg, tow, 360-copilot on 3/5/2021
Vin # issued; window sticker date 6/8/2021
"Built" 6/14/2021
ETA now 11/3/2021

Last e-mail from Ford was in late April.

Just another partial built, "Desert Edition", baking in the heat.

PirateBrahm

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Cactus Gray Badlands, no BL package
Added: Tow package and 360 Assist +

Ordered 3/17/2021
In Production 6/10/2021
Desert Club Expiration Date: 10/31/2021

I wrote Ford, called Ford, IM'd Ford through these forums, and spoke with my dealership. There's just no communication aside from 'chip hold', so all I can do at this point is wait.

fitterhappier

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
About four weeks ago, I put a deposit down on a silver BL+BL at my local dealership. Waiting on a chip. They told me that it could arrive in a week, or in October. Looking at this thread and seeing the amount of 10/31 ETAs, I think it's safe to say I'm part of the desert squad as well.

OP
OP

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Has anyone contacted Ford about their frustration?
Cactus Gray Badlands, no BL package
Added: Tow package and 360 Assist +

Ordered 3/17/2021
In Production 6/10/2021
Desert Club Expiration Date: 10/31/2021

Oh yes I’ve called Ford Customer Service, emailed, even emailed the VP of customer service and NO answers as to why June builds are left sitting in the desert yet July and Aug builds are being fully completed and shipped.
Attitude from Ford has been wait or don’t we will sell your vehicle if you decide to walk away.

I wrote Ford, called Ford, IM'd Ford through these forums, and spoke with my dealership. There's just no communication aside from 'chip hold', so all I can do at this point is wait.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Shadow Black BL+BL w/360+ & towing
Ordered 3/31/21
Built 6/12/21
Estimated Delivery 11/3/21
My original order is still in the desert and waiting on the Fuel Delivery Module as well. I've been tired of waiting and keep searching within 100 miles for a Badlands.

Got lucky last week, one popped up at Rice Ford in Warsaw, Indiana. Drove up there the next morning and got a deal, drove it home later that day!

Shadow Black, BL/BL, tow package, 360+, mud flaps, and Falken tires.

Couldn't be happier. :sun:

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert new_bronco_sport

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
My original order is still in the desert and waiting on the Fuel Delivery Module as well. I've been tired of waiting and keep searching within 100 miles for a Badlands.

Got lucky last week, one popped up at Rice Ford in Warsaw, Indiana. Drove up there the next morning and got a deal, drove it home later that day!

Shadow Black, BL/BL, tow package, 360+, mud flaps, and Falken tires.

Couldn't be happier. :sun:

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert new_bronco_sport
You got a deal meaning you payed MSRP?

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
BL+BL pkg, kodiak, copilot, tow pkg, steelies, cargo mgmt
Ordered 3/24
Built (partially) 6/4
Est. Delivery 11/3
Awaiting RCM chip?? ?‍♂

I've seen a handful of others in this forum have a BL+BL go into production July/Aug and have been shipped or taken delivery already. The parts appear to be there or at least coming in. The issue seems to be going to get these lot rot vehicles and getting them back in line to be completed.

What's difficult about telling customers with more recent orders there will be an additional 2-4 week wait bc Ford would like to circle back to prior customers' orders who've been waiting even longer? Communication solves a lot.

That is astounding an Oct/2020 order is still not produced given what we are seeing come through the pipeline today.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
You got a deal meaning you payed MSRP?
Yep, beat's any markup like $7500 some people are paying in California and some other states. And sure beats the hell out of sitting in the desert roasting for 3-4 more months

Dogula

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Badlands package & 360+ will definately delay you right now. Also moonroofs. They removed the moonroof from the Outer Banks and and Big Bend packages but didn't remove it from the BL package. This was the final order dates for 2021 on these trims & moonroof:

Badlands Series (R9D), Outer Banks Package (96T-AALET), Big Bend Package (96P-AALAP), Moonroof (17B-A1GAB) – Final orders were due on 4/30/21

Anyone telling you that they ordered a 2021 Badlands after 4/30 is lying. Final orders for the other trims were due 7/2. They may be building them now, but only orders that were already in the system. 2021's will be built thru 10/29 and 2022 builds start 11/1. You can order a 2022 starting next Monday 8/30.

jenpark1

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Original build we put a deposit on in mid May was a dealer ordered BL/ cactus gray w/tow
Dealer ordered 1/9/21
Production date 6/17/21
ETA 11/3.....waiting on rcm chip.
We bailed on the one sitting in the desert and found almost identical build over 2 hours away and bought it 7/22/21. Loving it so far but still disappointed in these wait times. Looks like these are all pushed to the end of line and will be after thoughts...I get the chip shortage is not Fords fault but they obviously have chips to finish current builds, so the priority issue IS Fords fault.

RowBSeat13

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine was a dealer order (ordered in April, built on June 16, been waiting on a chip ever since). I'm starting to get really frustrated, especially seeing people whose cars were built in July and August already getting chips and being shipped. (Edited to add: mine is an OB + OB, no moonroof.)

Those of you who are finding available models at other dealers and driving to pick them up/buy them, how are you finding them? I've found that all the "stock" listed on dealer sites are actually just cars that are ordered and reserved for customers, or aren't really in stock for whatever reason.
Sponsored

Last edited: