Deleted member 6599

You are correct, the grills are part of the center dash. There must be a clip or retainer that goes under the A pillars. I can see pop clips along the center section by the defrost vents. So it's possible that if you pop the clips in the center, it may just pull out from under the A pillar, but I have not disassembled this myself.
I was going to remove mine and replace my factory tweeters when I replaced my speakers, but I decided to leave them be for now since I was very happy with the speakers I chose.
There is a bolt under the A pillar that is holding the grill to grill dash section down. To remove pillar, grab top of it with your hand and pull outwards then lift up.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6599

Finally installed my amps, LOC and crossovers. I’m not a professional, so it’s not the prettiest. I put the crossovers and bass knob in the glovebox and mounted everything else on the rear seat. Took me two long days.
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 78D2A45A-7D6F-4820-BC4D-3FC8CCDA214D
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! BD4F5ADE-26B5-4CCD-A707-EBB9279F6A2C
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 0CBC1D5D-6044-46C5-AAD3-BC3A1F571C15

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Finally installed my amps, LOC and crossovers. I’m not a professional, so it’s not the prettiest. I put the crossovers and bass knob in the glovebox and mounted everything else on the rear seat. Took me two long days.
78D2A45A-7D6F-4820-BC4D-3FC8CCDA214D.jpeg
BD4F5ADE-26B5-4CCD-A707-EBB9279F6A2C.jpeg
0CBC1D5D-6044-46C5-AAD3-BC3A1F571C15.jpeg
I guess there's no flipping the back seats down and hauling a big item in the back.

Deleted member 6599

I guess there's no flipping the back seats down and hauling a big item in the back.
I can still put the seat down. I can just toss a blanket or something over the amps. I have the full size spare so didn’t have room around the tire.
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! DD964819-D94B-4DBD-A603-A12459261927

2XIPA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic, and a Subaru
New member resurrecting on an older thread. Anyone replace the B&O subwoofer speaker? I know it's a 6X9 but nothing else about its size. TIA

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
When you first tried the Rockville rockghost in the spare why didn't you like it?
Also was there any space between the sub and the cover in the back?

I'm thinking about the JBL basspro hub but it's 2 inches higher than the rockville.

2XIPA

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Civic, and a Subaru
I also considered installing a spare tire sub when my BS BL arrives. It was the OP's comments in thread #13 that eliminated that option for me. - The Rockville 8 inch sub in the spare tire area was more fault to the sub itself. It was barley noticeable.

I'll be looking for a solution in the right rear cargo area under the panel where the B&O sub sits. I'm thinking a sub being buried under a heavy rubber cargo mat would loose quite a bit of definition and volume compared to under the panel.

I'm also considering a Dayton Audio DSP-LF Low Frequency DSP Controller to get rid of any bass bumps and any equalization related to the B&O sub.

By way of background, I've heard the B&O system and to my ears it's as bad as described by other BS BL owners.

UncleRenty

Badlands
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2021 Tesla MYLR
Another thread of someone doing the same as everyone else, with pics.

I used the Metra 82-FD1 (amazon: B09NB32MV6) speaker kit. I had to use my dremel to cut off the tabs in the middle, then I cut the cable adapter a slot in the side of the standoff. After that I superglued it into place.
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 1666381432399

After that, I added the speaker mounting foam (amazon: B00WW6MZLM) to the front of the riser. If you have enough you can do the back of the riser as well where it mounts to the interior door panel.

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 1666381731149

The speakers I got are Pioneer TS-D65F D (2 sets, amazon: B0777SKV7D). As with most speakers you can change the angle of the tweeter:
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 1666381958982

The screws shipping with the speakers are too small for the screw holes so I recommend just drilling a small hole in the side of the riser and using the screws that ship with the speakers:
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 1666382064591

This is the finished speaker:
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 1666382095939

I added the open-cell memory foam (1/2"x1/2" - amazon: B07W5GGVFT) which seals against the door panel:
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 1666382206228

Installing was easy:
This is the first secret screw:
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 1666382395727

This is the second:
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 1666382478072

Insert a spudger under the panel with the window controls and lift straight up to get access to the 10mm bolts.

The screws under the reflector are the same as the two screws under the door.

Here is the inside of the door. You can see how I angled the tweeter upward:
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 1666382658724

Finally, here are some pics comparing the speakers. This is the new speaker versus the B&O front speakers:
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 1666382841608

This is the rear B&O speaker:
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 1666382848328

These hit hard. I ordered a JBL BassPro powered sub for the spare tire sub, but I am thinking of not using it. I may end up looking for a 6x9 sub instead and replacing the existing speaker mount for it.

Last edited:

T_Stiffler

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
So in case your wondering we just upgraded all speakers to the following. Using only the factory radio.

Alpine R-Series 6.5" 100 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms 2-Way Coaxial Speakers with H.A.M.R. - Pair (RS652)

Changing to a coax speaker meant I got to also keep and use the factory tweeters in the upper dash.

The sub of choice for me was Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-10 which was absolutely awesome.

SICK set up dude!!! I'm in process of doing mine now, currently having a head unit issue not giving proper connection to my driver side speaker, or my driver side dash tweeter. Just curious if you replaced tweeters? And always curious if you used the "Plug-n-play" cord to power your amp? Dealership is giving me a run around because the factory left door speaker went out & I replaced them still having same issue so obviously its a connection issue somehwere with my head unit no giving proper signal to my tweeter & door speaker, theres only one connection to the door speaker that could be the issue & its not that seeing as I've replaced them twice & tested the current speaker. Thanks a lot!

Grey Ghost

Badlands
First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
I’m absolutely interested in replacing the speakers in my OB w/o the OB package. Quick questions:

1 - do you have to remove the whole door panel, or can you just pop off the speaker grill? Did the panels easily pop off, or was there a struggle? When you popped the panels back on, were they tight?

2 - what color speaker wire was used to tap into the sub? And did you tap into the front or back speakers?
Door panels are easy to take off and put back on. I did remove clip for window switches and power mirror connections .... very easy kind of amazed me

Nam3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I finally joined the sub club! Picked up a 12" jbl with 300 watt amp. I branched off the power from the amp already under the passenger seat and added a bass knob. One of the things I hated about having a sub in my Cherokee was trunk space so I screwed the amp to the box and added a quick disconnect so the whole thing comes out super easy. I'm gonna have to do some rattle control on the trunk area this weekend.
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20240105_162544
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20240105_162551
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20240105_162627
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20240105_162707
Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20240105_162721

Last edited:

SnoopyBroncoSport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I have the b&o system in my BL and I’m not impressed. I’m planning on changing the front and rear speakers and maybe the sub. My question is: has anyone changed the b&o speaker in the dash? I would think it would need replacing as well but no one has mentioned it yet. Thanks!
Sponsored