T3CH1035

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I just picked up 4 Kicker DSC650's for the doors, a Kicker Key500-1 amp and a Kicker 48TRTP 12" downward firing sub with secondary baffle. Now all that is needed is some decent weather here in PA where I can start installing.

By chance, would anyone have a pic of where in the firewall you pulled your power through? I took a quick look yesterday and didn't see anything obvious like I had in my old Ford Fusion.
Sponsored

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
I just picked up 4 Kicker DSC650's for the doors, a Kicker Key500-1 amp and a Kicker 48TRTP 12" downward firing sub with secondary baffle. Now all that is needed is some decent weather here in PA where I can start installing.

By chance, would anyone have a pic of where in the firewall you pulled your power through? I took a quick look yesterday and didn't see anything obvious like I had in my old Ford Fusion.
You must remove the battery. There is a wire harness grommet located on the firewall directly behind the battery.

T3CH1035

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You must remove the battery. There is a wire harness grommet located on the firewall directly behind the battery.
Great! Thanks for the advice. Hopefully I have some time this weekend to install.

T3CH1035

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Good luck, I hope you're still nimble. Took me a week to recuperate from having to bend like a pretzel inside the vehicle.
Hmm.... not so much, but this is when it is nice to have a 16 year old son!

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I’ve got the B&O in my Badlands, but I’d like more sound for sure. I’ve been waiting to see if anyone was changing out their factory set up. Hopefully more people will chime in with their mods and convince me to move forward, lol
I feel the same. The subwoofer is pretty mediocre in the badlands even with the premium package, and the range of the main door speakers is pretty limited.

T3CH1035

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I am so close... then the multimeter quit working while trying to find what remote to tap into for my ignition. What wire is the easiest to tap into for this? Preferably in the back somewhere to avoid needing to run longer wires.

Thanks all!

21BroncoSport

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am so close... then the multimeter quit working while trying to find what remote to tap into for my ignition. What wire is the easiest to tap into for this? Preferably in the back somewhere to avoid needing to run longer wires.

Thanks all!
to the left of the spare tire is a harness. Use the thick wire in there for remote.

T3CH1035

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
to the left of the spare tire is a harness. Use the thick wire in there for remote.
I found it. Thanks for the info! Now to pick a different setup for the subwoofer. The down-firing kicker comp rattles the spare tire cover way too much. Don't want to have to secure that down... thinking an under the seat custom box is the solution.

cjmambo

Big Bend
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Pioneer TS-D65Fs. They are great. If you dig through the thread you'll find I posted links to the adapters and harnesses. There is also photos of how I mounted the harnesses by cutting a small hole in the adapters. I also used speaker foam and a sealer for a baffle. They sound amazing for not being amplified.

Links to stuff
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-combo-speaker-mounting-kit-for-select-ford-2011-2020-vehicles-black/6438740.p?skuId=6438740

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WW6MZLM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_RS40CE4XP3GNXHB97FP9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.lowes.com/pd/M-D-Expandable-Foam-Weatherstrip-1-2-in-x-1-2-in-x-20-ft-E/1002926160

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20210626_131008

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20210627_180251

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20210704_115801

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 20210626_131032
I was able to snag two pairs of the Pioneers for $96 each yesterday on Amazon. Looking forward to this install! Thanks for the links!

T3CH1035

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I may have went a little too far with the bass... the dome light is rattling. Anyone else having that issue? Is there a way to shim it or something to stop the rattling that someone may have found?

jman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 ,porsche boxster
If anyone is interested in swapping out their tweeters and would like to purchase a speaker harness adapter, send me a PM and let me know. I am currently building speaker harness adapters for the full size bronco speakers, and these are just a variation on them. I could begin building and selling them in less than a week if there's interest.
hey
If anyone is interested in swapping out their tweeters and would like to purchase a speaker harness adapter, send me a PM and let me know. I am currently building speaker harness adapters for the full size bronco speakers, and these are just a variation on them. I could begin building and selling them in less than a week if there's interest.
Gus I need a harness for my Maverick one of the guys on the Maverick board told me about you and said your harness is a perfect fit for the Maverick rear speakers

T3CH1035

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Has anyone wired an inline power switch for their amplifier. Here is my thought. When I am out camping, I want to be able to use my stereo and 12v plugs. To keep my battery from taking a major hit, I would like to wire a switch on the 12v power line coming from the battery in between it and the amp.

Has anyone done this before? Would it have the possibility to damage the amplifier if I cut the power off and then back on without shutting the power off on the vehicle? I know the remote in switch is basically the same, but I have never wired a switch through the power cable itself...

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Has anyone wired an inline power switch for their amplifier. Here is my thought. When I am out camping, I want to be able to use my stereo and 12v plugs. To keep my battery from taking a major hit, I would like to wire a switch on the 12v power line coming from the battery in between it and the amp.

Has anyone done this before? Would it have the possibility to damage the amplifier if I cut the power off and then back on without shutting the power off on the vehicle? I know the remote in switch is basically the same, but I have never wired a switch through the power cable itself...
There should not be any issue doing this. It would not be any different than turning the vehicle on/off, in terms of the power to the amp.

Deleted member 6599

I had the shop disconnect them and had them put the tweeters in the doors. I didn't want them bouncing off the windshield.
I ended up using aluminum tweeter pods I got off eBay and installed them on the A pillars.

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! 7DE9DDA7-BAD2-42EA-A4DB-D628BB4D052B

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! CAC71B0C-6A59-4CD4-8B89-E6FF2E0DB4DD
Sponsored