HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just want to clarify here. I've seen messages in this thread that the brackets aren't needed for the rear doors. Is that the case? Your first link says adapters are needed for front and rear and it leads to the plastic brackets, but the second link leads to a combo pack for the front with the bracket and the wiring adapter. I know the wiring adapters are needed but are the plastic mounting brackets needed for both front and rear?
You need 2 sets of speakers brackets (adapters) and 2 sets of harnesses. The best buy link with the brackets is packaged with 1 set of each. So you need 2 of those. Anyone who is installing the speakers without the brackets is drilling holes for the speakers Into the sheet metal of the door, plus depending on your speaker choice may impact the window operation. As well as set the speaker further back from the door panel resulting in sound loss and more vibration.
Look through my post history and you can find the best way to do this using the adapters, brackets and sealing foam. It makes the install easier and you recreate the factory baffle to help keep sound in the cabin and not inside the door panel plus reduce rattle.

Edit: did the digging for you
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/installing-aftermarket-speakers-and-sub-in-bronco-sport.2550/post-64908
Sponsored

Last edited:

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
You need 2 sets of speakers brackets (adapters) and 2 sets of harnesses. The best buy link with the brackets is packaged with 1 set of each. So you need 2 of those. Anyone who is installing the speakers without the brackets is drilling holes for the speakers Into the sheet metal of the door, plus depending on your speaker choice may impact the window operation. As well as set the speaker further back from the door panel resulting in sound loss and more vibration.
Look through my post history and you can find the best way to do this using the adapters, brackets and sealing foam. It makes the install easier and you recreate the factory baffle to help keep sound in the cabin and not inside the door panel plus reduce rattle.

Edit: did the digging for you
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/installing-aftermarket-speakers-and-sub-in-bronco-sport.2550/post-64908
Thank you. I had seen that post but there were a few others that said speaker brackets for the front but never specifically mentioned the back so I thought maybe they weren't needed. I figured they were but wanted to be sure before I started ordering stuff. I am going to go with those same Pioneer speakers you used. I've used Infinity and kenwood in the past. I had Focals in a civic I had before my current vehicle. None of those were bad but it seems like Pioneer has always been the best. I'll be going from a B&O system in my Ranger to this more basic system so I knew I was going to replace the speakers at minimum. I listen to rock and metal so I will have to see if I feel like I need a sub to round out the sound. I really appreciate your help.

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thank you. I had seen that post but there were a few others that said speaker brackets for the front but never specifically mentioned the back so I thought maybe they weren't needed. I figured they were but wanted to be sure before I started ordering stuff. I am going to go with those same Pioneer speakers you used. I've used Infinity and kenwood in the past. I had Focals in a civic I had before my current vehicle. None of those were bad but it seems like Pioneer has always been the best. I'll be going from a B&O system in my Ranger to this more basic system so I knew I was going to replace the speakers at minimum. I listen to rock and metal so I will have to see if I feel like I need a sub to round out the sound. I really appreciate your help.
The pioneer D series are awesome. The frequency response is great. You will get good mid bass out of them and nice clear highs. I'm very happy with them. I tried out a pair of Alpine S type in the BS, (same price point) and I forgot how hollow they sound. So I went with the Pioneers since I have had the D series previous in an older car. Very happy with the results. I would like to add a sub just because, but I want to hide everything. I need the storage space. Eventually I might do something in the factory sub location.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The pioneer D series are awesome. The frequency response is great. You will get good mid bass out of them and nice clear highs. I'm very happy with them. I tried out a pair of Alpine S type in the BS, (same price point) and I forgot how hollow they sound. So I went with the Pioneers since I have had the D series previous in an older car. Very happy with the results. I would like to add a sub just because, but I want to hide everything. I need the storage space. Eventually I might do something in the factory sub location.
Never been let down by Pioneer. Back in the days when you could replace your head unit, I always used Pioneer. Never bothered with any other HU. It is a bummer that crutchfield says the speakers don't fit because if they did, those brackets and plugs are usually included for free. I found them for $120 on Amazon so I'll just get them there and order the brackets/harness seperately.

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Anyone play with the Focal Audio “plug-n-play” speakers? It seems they have a direct model for the Bronco Sport based on their fit guide and recommend the IS-FORD-165 for the front (separate tweeters to replace the ones in the dash) and the IC-FORD-165 for the rear which are coaxial speakers.
Focal has a decent name in the home audio industry for sure and I was tempted to try their car speakers.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So has anyone been able to locate the speaker wire colors in the B pillars for the rear speakers to tap for their sub install? I did my F150's and Ranger when I had them and I'm good on the firewall power cable run and the triggered B+ for the BS, but would like to know if anyone has gotten into the B pillar for speaker wiring taps for their sub. Are they listed in this thread and I'm overlooking them? Not interested in tearing the doors apart to find the wiring colors, just wanting to add a little more bass. Thanks!

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Just a suggestion here, and I’m not sure how or if it applies to the BS, for you guys adding subs.
Be mindful of which channel you connect to for signal to the sub. Ever notice on a factory system the more you turn the volume up the less bass there is? That’s because the stock HU is pulling bass to keep the speakers from distorting. From my experience, the rear channels get more bass pulled out than the front channels.
An example of this is when I wanted to add an aftermarket sub to my 2015 F350 Platy with the factory Sony stereo. I was happy with the system for the most part except for lack of bass. I’m not 22 anymore so didn’t want the windows to rattle but I do like to hear the bass drum kicking. I decided to keep all of the factory system and just replace the factory 8” sub with a JL 8w3V3 in the factory enclosure and a 170w Kenwood amp. Going with a small sub means you have to be efficient with the setup to get all the sound possible. On top of that I wasn’t driving the sub to max power and I didn’t have the optimal enclosure.
After installation using a rear channel for input to the amp, I found this setup was hardly better than factory and was very disappointed. After much googling and reading on the subject I found that, in that truck with that system, most all of the bass was pulled out of the rear speakers by 1/4 volume. Can’t hear bass if the bass signal isn’t there! The front channels however, have little to no bass pulled as the volume goes up. Turns out, Ford doesn’t care what the music sounds like in the back seat. The front seating area is where they try to make it sound good. That’s also why there usually tends to be better/bigger speakers up front. After switching my amp input signal to a front channel, big difference! At times I can’t believe it “only” an 8” sub back there. Sounds about as good as the old Rockford Fosgate 12” I used in my Mustangs years ago.
Moral of the story is, if you install a system and are disappointed, try a different channel for signal before you start upgrading your already upgraded system. Of course this assumes using factory HU…

andrewwink

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
thanks for the thread everyone. i just got my BB last week and immediately want to upgrade the speakers. i went to a local car audio place and was quoted 800 dollars just to replace the door speakers. i feel like thats a lot but i dont know a lot about these things. is that a standard rate to do something like this?

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
thanks for the thread everyone. i just got my BB last week and immediately want to upgrade the speakers. i went to a local car audio place and was quoted 800 dollars just to replace the door speakers. i feel like thats a lot but i dont know a lot about these things. is that a standard rate to do something like this?
Wat!? $800!? Wow... Ok. Let me start off with I used to install Car Audio equipment for a living. That's a LOT for the speakers. The door panels are easily removed with a few simple tools, and if you buy the adapters and harnesses, this will be a snap. If you're mechanically inclined you wont even blink at the job.

You can find all the parts you need and how I suggest you install them in this thread. Direct link here:

I spent $130 per pair for my speakers (Pioneer D Series, TS-D65F, They are amazing btw)
$17.99 Per pair of harnesses and adapters
and less than $20 on sealing foam.
So, less than $320 and quality stuff and I did all of it in about 30 mins (and I was taking my sweet time)

That's a LOT of money for labor, and speaking from experience in that field, a lot of car audio shops do shit work.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just like HGT said that is pretty high. I installed mine this weekend and it took about 2 hours to do all four. The first door took the most time just because I was being careful taking off the door panel but after that it was pretty easy. I used the same speakers that HGT did and paid $120 per pair (new) on ebay and $20 for each set of brackets/wire adapters. I would maybe get a breakdown on the actual costs from that car audio place. I would say $150-$200 max for labor is reasonable.

krkitt1

Big Bend
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Mustang GT (KITT), 2018 Ford Focus,
Yeah, I have the JBL GX628 for mine and I ordered the harness and plates. I just called BESTBUY about the JBL BassPro SL2 for $349. I wanted to see what they would charge and she told me $804 with the sub............ $440 to install????? They are nuts!!!! I'll do it myself... When my BS gets here in Jan-Feb............

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Replace with WHAT speakers? That is, how much of this is labor and how much for parts, and if so what parts.

Heck, an audio control D-6.1200 runs $1200 just by itself! :)

Deleted member 6599

Does the factory head unit have bass roll off? I was just going to add an AudioControl line out converter (LC6i) but I'm not sure if I need one with the bass restoration / accubass feature. I'm replacing all speakers, adding 2 amps and a sub. Thanks.

TK4261

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I just ordered 2 pairs of the PowerBass OE652-FD coaxial plug & play speakers for my Badlands. I'm sure they will sound much better than stock. Nice size 10oz magnet and 4ohm :sunglasses:

Ford Bronco Sport Installing aftermarket speakers and sub in Bronco Sport! a5a67d830f11997.88565316

andrewwink

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Replace with WHAT speakers? That is, how much of this is labor and how much for parts, and if so what parts.

Heck, an audio control D-6.1200 runs $1200 just by itself! :)
i cant remember honestly. i went with another company and got some Pioneers installed in just the doors. only spent a few hundred bucks and it got me what i wanted lol
Sponsored