Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
A forum like this is not a good resource for determining vehicle reliability. People often look to a forum like this for help when they're having issues, and people rarely post when their car is working properly and they get good service from their dealership.

"Hey everyone, my car is still working great, and my service manager called to tell me there's a recall and helped me schedule a service appointment."

People just don't do that, so reading through a forum like this skews toward problems, issues, rumors, and feelings.

If you want good DATA about reliability--i.e. not opinion or anecdote--go to an organization that collects data from EVERYONE, not just those having issues. Consumer Reports, JD Power, etc. You get a much clearer picture about a vehicle with the data absent all the emotion.

This, BTW, is why I often reply--over and over--to those posting bad data or opinions based on bad data.
Excellent response.
Sponsored

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
My concern about new vehicle ownership in todays world, not so much having a faulty this that or the other. But reading about the timeframe for warranty repair work, part availability etc. Not just a Ford issue either.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I have a trouble free 2023 BS Outer Banks edition. We have under 2000 miles on it to date, and bought it 5 months ago.

Again no issues so far. I like it. So does the wife. Drives great, gets good gas mileage, looks good.

However, had I joined this forum prior to its purchase and read through the majority of threads that state issues and questionable service experiences, I most likely would have looked into other vehicles to purchase.

Don't get me wrong, we have had absolutely no issues, and no complaints with the BS. Sales person was great, dealership was good. I have not had to take it in for any service yet, so I have no positive or negative opinions on that.

It just concerns me to read through this forum and see so many issues with their BS pertaining to component failures and service getting it repaired. I've been on countless forums in my past, and never saw the amount of negative issues pertaining to component failures that I'm reading here.
But it can be a time bomb. You just never know. At least most of the time the issue is the battery but it still can leave you stranded. I carry a small lithium batteryjump starter just in case but am considering an AGM battery.

Last edited:

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
We bought a 21 BS/BB & it is almost 2 years old. We had the 2 recalls done & some piddly warranty work performed. It has been great w/just over 30K. The dealer we bought it from is at least 1 hour away so we take it to the local dealer who never questioned working on it.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does any of the no-problem ones have an AGM type battery or better yet have a lead acid battery?

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Does any of the no-problem ones have an AGM type battery or better yet have a lead acid battery?
Not sure what Mine is, but I can check it out tonight and report back...if I remember.

I have a good memory, its just short.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Our 21 BB has the lead acid battery.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
A forum like this is not a good resource for determining vehicle reliability. People often look to a forum like this for help when they're having issues, and people rarely post when their car is working properly and they get good service from their dealership.

"Hey everyone, my car is still working great, and my service manager called to tell me there's a recall and helped me schedule a service appointment."

People just don't do that, so reading through a forum like this skews toward problems, issues, rumors, and feelings.

If you want good DATA about reliability--i.e. not opinion or anecdote--go to an organization that collects data from EVERYONE, not just those having issues. Consumer Reports, JD Power, etc. You get a much clearer picture about a vehicle with the data absent all the emotion.

This, BTW, is why I often reply--over and over--to those posting bad data or opinions based on bad data.
Well, Mark, you beat me to it and expressed exactly my feelings on the subject.

SeaJay

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX Sport, Area 51, Hitch, Assist++
I have a trouble free 23 OBX with 6,000 miles. I frequent this site so I can be informed and prepared, mentally and financially, if a problem surfaces that other owners have experienced. I truly appreciate the so called ā€œwhinersā€ who come here to vent or find help!

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Iā€™ve owned mine for a year at the end of this month with a little over 17,000 miles and I havenā€™t really had many issues that made me think I got the wrong car.

I know the only minor issue Iā€™m having is my CarPlay doesnā€™t want to work in the USB-C plug in sometimes. My dealership replaced it, but it still does it. They told me it isnā€™t, but I believe itā€™s a software thing either on Fordā€™s end or Appleā€™s. But itā€™s nothing serious that makes me want to get rid of it or make me think I made a bad purchase. I got the old, outdated, and reliable USB slot below it and if I need it, I use it lol. I got workarounds.

Oh and my rear brakes sometimes drone, even though I had that bulletin done to them, but itā€™s not as common as it used to be, just when they get moisture in them. Again, still doesnā€™t make me hate my car.

Also, my dealership is great! Theyā€™re very personable and very friendly. I think itā€™s because itā€™s a small town dealership that has the charm of people that live in a small town. I recommend people go there for anything either it be sales or service in my area. They treat you as a person more than a customer which I think is something a lot of these dealerships need to have. Just treat me like a person instead of $$$$.

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
99% of the time people will post due to complaints, especially on a vehicle specific forum looking for some hidden knowleadge. You never hear from the way bigger majority that doesn't post because they have no problems. Check the bronco sport owners facebook group and I think you'll see a larger majority of people posting who have had zero issues.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99% of the time people will post due to complaints, especially on a vehicle specific forum looking for some hidden knowleadge. You never hear from the way bigger majority that doesn't post because they have no problems. Check the bronco sport owners facebook group and I think you'll see a larger majority of people posting who have had zero issues.
The BS initially came with an AGM battery. Now it doesn't. It was designed for AGM battery use. Very few battery issues with an AGM battery. We should all have AGM batteries like the early SB.
It's one thing to delete the minor things Ford has but an AGM deletion isn't minor when people are having lead acid battery issues..

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The BS initially came with an AGM battery. Now it doesn't. It was designed for AGM battery use. Very few battery issues with an AGM battery. We should all have AGM batteries like the early SB.
It's one thing to delete the minor things Ford has but an AGM deletion isn't minor when people are having lead acid battery issues..
So the 2021 models have a diff battery then the new ones?

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the 2021 models have a diff battery then the new ones?
The early BS had AGM battery but what's said is Ford couldn't get AGM batteries so they went with the lead acid battery. I wouldn't put past the cost of the AGM batteries. AGM's are available now.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl