Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
How do I know you’re legit & I’m not somehow getting scammed? 🤔
They are legit. You need to send them a "start conversation" to continue though.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
No scam. It’s the Ford internet representatives. Can be very helpful!

Ford Bronco Sport I dread going up my driveway 1690303253841
Nice job with these instructions. I've been telling them (Ford Motor Company member) they needed to include something like this in every request to help out that they post on.

Maybe they will copy the above and paste it into their signature. At the very least, I'll remember this thread/post #, and cut/paste it to any member that asks how to contact them.

Or it would make for a great stickie thread, if only this site had that option; been asking for that too, and volunteering to monitor that.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Wish you guys would join the Ranger5g Forum
True, I'm a member but haven't logged on since I sold my Ranger. Great forum.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I LOVE my 2023 OBX BUT more frequently than not it feels like it’s going to stall out going up my steep driveway, especially when I have to slow down for the right curve and accelerate again. I literally have to put the pedal ALL the way down and it feels like it’s going to die, then the tires will squeal and it will go up the driveway. I’m going to eat up my tires. Sometimes it’s great, other times it does this. Doesn’t seem to matter what GOAT mode I use or if I put it in low. It doesn’t happen on regular mountain roads, but driveways required slow speeds.

Is this because of the 3cyl engine or does it sound like there’s a problem? There is no check engine light on.
Speaking only for myself, as someone who’s gotten stuck in my own driveway in winter, I feel your pain. My only advice is; don’t put off snowblowing the driveway. That crown of ice and snow will get you every time. Also, momentum is your friend. I know that doesn’t help but what the heck.

hellb0y

Big Bend
First Name
Hellish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
Use the little button in the middle of the shift gear ‘L’ and you are good

OP
OP
Gatrhyde

Gatrhyde

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Use the little button in the middle of the shift gear ‘L’ and you are good
Low gear alone isn’t enough. Sport mode plus low gear seems to help but what a pain.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Low gear alone isn’t enough. Sport mode plus low gear seems to help but what a pain.
how about a picture or video of what you are experiencing. Unless there is something wrong with your car, it doesn't make sense. Not being mean but the car should have no issue going up a hill

OP
OP
Gatrhyde

Gatrhyde

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think there is something wrong with the car. As stated previously in the thread, I called the service department and they said “that’s a problem” And made me an appointment to get it in.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I think there is something wrong with the car. As stated previously in the thread, I called the service department and they said “that’s a problem” And made me an appointment to get it in.
Please keep us posted.

Gents

Heritage
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition Cactus Grey
The 1.5 is definitely an oddball engine. There's a little hill I get to just before my house and I find that it's best if I kind of gently kick it into overdrive instead of crawling up.
I don't think I've ever had a car go Putt-Putt on a not particularly difficult hill. It's not really a deal breaker because I like my car, but as I said up front, it's a little bit of an oddball.
Sponsored