OP
OP

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
We had two 2016 Fusions. One was assembled in Hermosillo and the other in Flat Rock.

The Hermosillo assembled Fusion was noticeably better quality. Fit and finish was good, paint was good and it never had a single issue in the three years we had it.

The Flat Rock Fusion was a different story. Fit and finish was mediocre, paint was very bad (developed major paint issues after a week or so to the point where it had to be almost entirely repainted), and it had a few mechanical problems.

The dealer bought it back after a few months. That’s when we got the other one.

I remember noticing a lot of the Flat Rock assembled Fusions had misaligned panels on the lot.

We recently used a loaner Fusion from our dealer and it was solid.
Sponsored

Reactions: MJE

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
We had two 2016 Fusions. One was assembled in Hermosillo and the other in Flat Rock.

The Hermosillo assembled Fusion was noticeably better quality. Fit and finish was good, paint was good and it never had a single issue in the three years we had it.

The Flat Rock Fusion was a different story. Fit and finish was mediocre, paint was very bad (developed major paint issues after a week or so to the point where it had to be almost entirely repainted), and it had a few mechanical problems.

The dealer bought it back after a few months. That’s when we got the other one.

I remember noticing a lot of the Flat Rock assembled Fusions had misaligned panels on the lot.

We recently used a loaner Fusion from our dealer and it was solid.
I have a 2021 cactus gray first edition that is absolutely flawless in paint, bodywork, mechanical, interior, and just couldn’t be more pleased with the Hermosillo Plant and there workforce there . Those guys and gals deserve a raise and FMC appreciation . Great job .
Ford Bronco Sport How well made is your Bronco Sport? 89644D40-4649-4BB9-B369-9F9E651EF043

Ford Bronco Sport How well made is your Bronco Sport? 408AE2DF-5201-43DE-AE35-7310A26E79F0

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
2022 Badlands owner, I've had it 1 month today! As others have stated, I am also extremely impressed with the build quality of the Ford Bronco Sport. Panel gaps, paint quality, trim, interior trim and dash pieces ect...all done 100%. NO RATTLES OR SQUEAKS. I do think the upper door panels would be improved with a "soft touch" type of material....mainly because of scratch protection with dogs. But all plastics will scratch regardless. The only issue I'm having is this random engine noise, which hasn't been so noticeable lately: Engine? Dash? Moaning/Rattling noise after using sport mode.... | 2021+ Ford Bronco Sport Forum - Broncosportforum.com ----any help with this is appreciated.

Prior to the BS, I had a 2021 Acura TLX, a 2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport, and a 2018 and 2017 Toyota 4Runner.

Both the 2019 Accord and 2021 TLX were both built in Ohio. They both suffered from panel gaps, and paint issues. The drivers door on the Accord sat up too high compared to the rear door....was told by the dealer it would need a new door!...didnt do it and lived with it. The Accord also had a paint defect to the trunk lid that was in the paint/sparkle of the paint, not the clear. The TLX had major fitment issues with the hood and fenders, the rear spoiler began lifting and some window pieces were not tight. All not big deals....but I expected better from HONDA.

The 4runners I had on the other hand were FLAWLESS.....made in Japan. My 2017 was rear-ended and I ended up getting a 2018 as a replacement....build quality was 100%....the only issue I noticed on both was that the spray in black "wheel liner" in the rear wheels would easily peel with a garden hose.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Things I have noticed during the six months 5000 miles I've had it.
The top of the doors where they meet the windows have ripples in them.
The clips/latches on the cargo area not very sturdy.
The drivers door panel rattles enough to get on my nerves. Wadding up a rag and wedging it in the door pocket under the speaker takes care of most it but it is still there.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
love it. zero regrets.-35 to +35 celius. not 1 issue over a terrible winter

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
The other thing is when I get above 40mph with my two front windows down I hear a loud noise that sounds like something in the rear is catching getting blown around. This has happened ever since driving the car off the lot with nothing else in the vehicle. Sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't, but because I'm the one driving, I haven't been able to pinpoint where it's coming from.
The center rear seatbelt will blow around in the wind and bang on the seat.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Everyone keeps saying body gaps are perfect. But my hood is unaligned. My driver front door is unaligned.. my back glass is about a 1/16 in to the left... ive read of a bunch of people with gap issues.. i feel like just because people own the car they just defend it...
Perhaps we have better things to do than run around our car with a tape measure looking for flaws. 😂

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Perhaps we have better things to do than run around our car with a tape measure looking for flaws. 😂
You dont need a tape measure to see a gap. Perhaps they learn to care about quality control again.. i did tile for years and can see an off line from a mile..

Reactions: Jrl

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
The top of the doors where they meet the windows have ripples in them.
Someone else said they had bad ripple on doors by window and dealer would not fix. I went out looked at mine I can see one or two small ripples. Looks like ripples from when panels were stamped. Mine are minor and hard to see so they don't bother me.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Someone else said they had bad ripple on doors by window and dealer would not fix. I went out looked at mine I can see one or two small ripples. Looks like ripples from when panels were stamped. Mine are minor and hard to see so they don't bother me.
I try to ignore them and they really don't bother me much, not enough to try to get the dealer to fix them. But once I had seen them I can't not see them. :)

kingtj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I've said some of this before, but as much as I really like my Bronco Sport Badlands, I'm no "Ford apologist" and I was pretty disappointed with 2 other Ford products I owned in the past. (Bought a '99 Ranger truck brand new and it had an O2 sensor fail and put it in "limp home" mode the first week I owned it. Had the screws they used to fasten down the plastic running boards on the inside door sill rust out in a matter of a month or so too. Generally never cared much for the way it drove or handled either, and didn't miss it when it was gone. Bought a used '06 F-150 base model later on, and put some money into upgrading it. Line-X spray-in bedliner and new custom wheels, etc. But the A/C compressor failed on it in short order and the digital odometer started going out. Could only rarely get a glimpse of my mileage and made it hard to know when to do the next oil change. Ridiculously expensive replacement cost so had to live with it. It was a V6 too and lacked power but got terrible gas mileage anyway.) So this Bronco Sport purchase was made with an abundance of caution (plus it helped I knew this would only be my second/spare vehicle).

We'll see how it holds up .... but yes, some really cheap quality interior plastic used on it. I unsnapped the kick panel in the lower left part of the dash so I could add a rocker switch on it for my LED light bar I added, and several clips on it broke the first time I detached it. Also seeing all the same complaints people mentioned with it easily scuffing or scratching. Feels like a mix and match of quality for the knobs, dials and switches on it. Some have a nice, solid, "expensive" feel while others don't live up to that standard at all. At least I find the seats fairly comfortable, and the leather they used doesn't initially feel too thin or cheap to me. (Will need more time to see how it wears. But I had a Hyundai with brown leather seats and I can tell you that leather was SO thin, it would literally get slices in it from anything sharp that someone had in a back pocket when sitting down, etc. I messed a passenger seat up when I sat a desktop PC on it and didn't realize one of its rubber feet had fallen off, leaving an exposed end of a screw sticking out. I remember having a Mitsubishi Eclipse with leather seats that were similarly thin.)

I say all of this just to be a realist and point out the negatives instead of sugar-coating anything. So far, I feel like it's a pretty well designed vehicle in general. Great styling that gives a nod to the original Brocos and some great features like the cargo tray/divider they came up with, and the storage bin under a rear seat.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
We have had our BB now for 7 months & 11,100 miles with zero issues & no regrets. It is my wife's DD & she loves it. We just had the trailer hitch & wiring installed & she wants to start towing her motorcycle with it.

tomwbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'm pretty happy with the build quality for the most part, but there are a couple of things that bug me.

One is the very thin aluminum hood, when going through a car wash it sounds like it's going to come flying off.

The other thing is when I get above 40mph with my two front windows down I hear a loud noise that sounds like something in the rear is catching getting blown around. This has happened ever since driving the car off the lot with nothing else in the vehicle. Sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't, but because I'm the one driving, I haven't been able to pinpoint where it's coming from.
I hear this sound in the rear too, especially driving on the highway on windy days. I hear it with or without the front windows down. It's an intermittent whooshing sound that sounds like air is escaping out the back window, but I don't think that's what's happening. I don't always hear it though.

Dcon51

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
How would you rate the fit and finish of your Bronco Sport?

Other than the deleted/missing items, do you feel Ford did a good job assembling it?

For people who own or have owned other Fords in the past, do you think Ford’s quality has improved?
Have owned ford products since 1994! Two rangers, two mariners, two edges a fusion and an escape! Loved em all and now have a 21 BS BB and love it
Sponsored