How well made is your Bronco Sport?

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
How would you rate the fit and finish of your Bronco Sport?

Other than the deleted/missing items, do you feel Ford did a good job assembling it?

For people who own or have owned other Fords in the past, do you think Ford’s quality has improved?
Sponsored

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Stopped buying Ford in 1986 due to quality issues. Didn't buy another until 2007. Since then have owned two Edge Sports, both were great vehicles in my opinion -- not perfect, but very close!
Bought my BS BL in 2020 (delivered in '21) so don't have any missing/deleted parts. Considering what the BS is intended to be, and the price point I think is is very well made, and I have no major complaints after over a year of driving. Is it perfect -- NO; is it what I expected, and more -- YES!

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've owned Fords all my life, starting with a 1950 2 door sedan when I was 15 and up to now when I have the Bronco and a Ranger XLT. Altogether 10 Fords (I keep them a long time).

I'd say the Bronco is better than the others in terms of fit and finish and that Ford's quality has definitely improved.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm pretty happy with the build quality for the most part, but there are a couple of things that bug me.

One is the very thin aluminum hood, when going through a car wash it sounds like it's going to come flying off.

The other thing is when I get above 40mph with my two front windows down I hear a loud noise that sounds like something in the rear is catching getting blown around. This has happened ever since driving the car off the lot with nothing else in the vehicle. Sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't, but because I'm the one driving, I haven't been able to pinpoint where it's coming from.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
im very pleased. 9/10

I’ve noticed the hood thing but it’s very minimal

to Be fair and subjective… I’d need to drive a new Jeep, Subaru or Rav to compare and I haven’t .

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not perfect and I'd be uncomfortable to own one if it was. I wanted a rugged, outdoorsy, off-roadable small SUV and that's what I got. That being said, I've noticed a few minor things I'm not very keen on:
  • Felt wheel liners
  • Squeaky plastic dashboard
  • Easily scratched plastic interior trim pieces
  • Factory paint defects
  • Cheap wheels
  • Plastic bumper which I desperately wish was metal - I fought a plastic storage bin in my garage at 2 mph and lost
When I say I love this vehicle though, I mean it. The Big Bend cost me 28k. My new Badlands will only be 10k more and it even has some nice premium extras. The Sport is exactly what I was looking for, which most definitely was not a luxury vehicle. 9/10 fit and finish because it's stylish as all getout for under 40k.

Bron Swanson

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I am pretty darned happy with my BS. The only build quality things I have noticed so far are:

- Easily scratched plastic interior trim pieces (same as others have mentioned).

* The back of my 2022 BS has various pressure scratches in the sides from where I keep emergency supplies, tools, etc. that have rubbed the sides when I turn. I don't mean the supplies are moving a lot and slamming into the sides...I mean my entire trunk area is normally completely full with organized cardboard boxes, and those boxes simply rubbing against the sides have caused scratches.

* Likewise, the front door interiors have white lines at the bottom due to people hitting those areas with their shoes. I clean what I can, but some of the spots seem to be really worn in.

- The actual housing piece for my driver side door handle (about a foot from where the window buttons are maybe?) feels like it might come off down the line. Whenever I pull my driver door closed, there is a bit of play in a specific spot. The way to describe it is it feels like that particular spot was transplanted from a 5 or 6 year old vehicle with thousands of door openings and closings.

- The button to disable AutoStart/Stop seems to have a sweet spot. If I don't hit it dead center with a bit of force, the light won't come on.

- There is a tiny bit of blue plastic/paper in one of the outside crevices of my driver door. My guess is that it is a missed piece of some sort of protective film that gets taken off at the factory. I have never been bothered enough by it to mess with it.

I am quite happy that the aforementioned points are the only build quality things of note. My previous vehicle was a 2012 Ford Focus, and that thing had a dash full of angry bees from the first day I bought it practically brand new at CarMax.

Given that I bought my BS to be a practical around-town and light off-road vehicle, I have been very happy thus far.

Reactions: MJE

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I'm pretty happy with the build quality for the most part, but there are a couple of things that bug me.

One is the very thin aluminum hood, when going through a car wash it sounds like it's going to come flying off.

The other thing is when I get above 40mph with my two front windows down I hear a loud noise that sounds like something in the rear is catching getting blown around. This has happened ever since driving the car off the lot with nothing else in the vehicle. Sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't, but because I'm the one driving, I haven't been able to pinpoint where it's coming from.
Driver side rear , in that corner there is a filter of some sort that when you have a window open at a certain speed the filter will vibrate . Check it out , there was a thread about it .

Ford Bronco Sport How well made is your Bronco Sport? BDF3C865-ACC9-4749-81D9-CBB295CD6AB6

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Not to give away my age but.... my first car when in college was a 1954 used Ford. I've had numerous cars since then but my latest is the Bronco Sport. Guess I have come complete circle.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Driver side rear , in that corner there is a filter of some sort that when you have a window open at a certain speed the filter will vibrate . Check it out , there was a thread about it .

Ford Bronco Sport How well made is your Bronco Sport? BDF3C865-ACC9-4749-81D9-CBB295CD6AB6
Hmm I'll try and find it, thanks

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
How would you rate the fit and finish of your Bronco Sport?

Other than the deleted/missing items, do you feel Ford did a good job assembling it?

For people who own or have owned other Fords in the past, do you think Ford’s quality has improved?
I persona)ly think ford started using cheaper parts after about 2014.. harder plastcs on inside.. the bronco is built ok. Just think fords materials have downgraded a bit..

Badwolf13

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
How would you rate the fit and finish ofPlant. your Bronco Sport?

Fit and finish would rate a 7 out of 10 because some body panel gaps are inconsistent as well as gaps between interior trim pieces. My 2020 Ranger was a better built vehicle than my 2021 Bronco Sport. Fords Quality depends on the assembly plant...I am not pleased with the Hermosillo facility. I will bet that the Maverick pickup will have similar issues and build quality as well.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Luck is my lady. My badlands is one of the best built vehicles for the money I've ever owned and I've had anything from a 72 nova to a few ram 1500, F150, bronco, challenger, charger, hondas, etc.
Some personal things
A lot of complaints about the felt wheel liners. My daughter's 20 year old beetle had em and they were as solid as assembly day. They are far better than plastic. Rinse clean with a hose.

Paint, mine has been flawless. Clean lines, kept clean with regular applications of ceramic wax and regular washing.

Interior, it's plastic. This isn't an f150 with metal bed...scuffs happen, I'm not worried about it haven't had major issues, I load carefully seems ok.
Rubber flooring has been great, and the bumper, had a scuff from some moron, buffed out with a heat gun, 300+ sandpaper, and some bumper polish. It's a ORV and scars happen.

Just my perspective and those concerned otherwise, well that's your sport and your perspective nothing wrong with that
Sponsored