tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Bronco Sport... now waiting...
Most recent Ford email said the below about the Bronco Sport Badlands the dealership ordered from their website on March 23rd:

"Your vehicle is now scheduled to be built the week of June 13, 2022. We will continue to keep you informed regarding your vehicle's production status."

I HOPE the vehicle won't arrive before August or September? Because my current car lease doesn't expire until black Friday this November so now I feel like an idiot because I'm wasting a lot of money now by terminating my current car lease way too early if the Broncos sport arrives way too soon. My monthly payment for my car I'm leasing now is 400 bucks a month.

I'm OK with terminating my current car lease 3 months early because I really want to get this vehicle situation straightened out before I have to leave out of country for entire month for a serious medical procedure in mid October. But I hope the Broncos Sport won't arrive way earlier than August!?
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
You can assume 1-2 weeks from scheduling and 3-4 weeks shipping depending on where you are at. The actual build is a day but scheduling is for the week. Mine was originally scheduled 1/24 and built 2/9. Arrived 3/8.

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can assume 1-2 weeks from scheduling and 3-4 weeks shipping depending on where you are at. The actual build is a day but scheduling is for the week. Mine was originally scheduled 1/24 and built 2/9. Arrived 3/8.
Thanks! So vehicle should arrive around Aug 15th... too bad I didn't order it a bit later.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sadly...with production constraints...it's still a small mystery. Mine was due end of may first week of June and I got the call on May 6 it was pulled off the truck and ready for delivery. I too had a lease I was trying to time up. My daughter enjoyed a couple months in the challenger until the lease expired. It will all work out.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
If the production week holds it will be built two weeks after that if the current timeline doesn't improve. As you're in AZ where the train first enters the US your delivery should only be a week or two. I would estimate second week of July if things follow the current pattern (which can and likely will change) and if your build week doesn't slip. If I remember right from a previous post you ordered all the things (premium package being the big problem), so the chances of your build week slipping are pretty good, plus there's 2 weeks of plant shutdown in July. If your build slips too much it will hit that big gap and be pushed to the end of July. All that said, it's still a long way out, longer in Ford time.

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the production week holds it will be built two weeks after that if the current timeline doesn't improve. As you're in AZ where the train first enters the US your delivery should only be a week or two. I would estimate second week of July if things follow the current pattern (which can and likely will change) and if your build week doesn't slip. If I remember right from a previous post you ordered all the things (premium package being the big problem), so the chances of your build week slipping are pretty good, plus there's 2 weeks of plant shutdown in July. If your build slips too much it will hit that big gap and be pushed to the end of July. All that said, it's still a long way out, longer in Ford time.
Thanks so much hopefully it will be delayed more… so that I don't lose so much money by exterminating my lease by more than 3 months darn it. I'll update this thread when it arrives in Arizona :thumbsup:

Too bad it's not possible to notify Ford somehow and tell them they can take their time LOL

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are literally the only person on earth who ordered a Bronco or Bronco Sport and is hoping for a production delay. I struggle to wrap my head around the concept.

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are literally the only person on earth who ordered a Bronco or Bronco Sport and is hoping for a production delay. I struggle to wrap my head around the concept.

Why so? I am losing $1,600 if I have to terminate my current lease 4 months early! I was told it would take at least 6+ months to get vehicle but now it seems it's arriving much faster.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why so? I am losing $1,600 if I have to terminate my current lease 4 months early! I was told it would take at least 6+ months to get vehicle but now it seems it's arriving much faster.
It's just the irony of it. A lot of us would gladly pay that much (or maybe more) to speed up the process.

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's just the irony of it. A lot of us would gladly pay that much (or maybe more) to speed up the process.

Oh boy I was clearly implying I wish I could contact Ford and tell them they can take their time on my specific order (obviously not on all orders). This way Ford can work on everyone else's orders I can wait just fine. I didn't realize I have to spell it out but that's OK

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh boy I was clearly implying I wish I could contact Ford and tell them they can take their time on my specific order (obviously not on all orders). This way Ford can work on everyone else's orders I can wait just fine. I didn't realize I have to spell it out but that's OK
I get where you're coming from and that you have very unique situation. No need to spell it out at all. You've missed my point entirely.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
If you were going to lose $1600 by turning in the lease 4 months early, then I would just sit on the lease for another month (costs you $400 payment) and then turn it in. I'm guessing you don't pay a penalty for turning it in 3 months early?

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you were going to lose $1600 by turning in the lease 4 months early, then I would just sit on the lease for another month (costs you $400 payment) and then turn it in. I'm guessing you don't pay a penalty for turning it in 3 months early?
No penalty. I just have to pay for all the remaining months on the contract. I do not need 2 cars (I am by myself thank goodness)... so will have no use of keeping car I'm leasing for another month once Bronco Sport arrives.

Last edited:

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
When I see this title my first thought is "Search the quatrains of Nostradamus".

On the 39th the horse will roar, its nostrils full of light
Released from the belly of the beast trapped on rails, it searches for it's Master
Sponsored