tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Bronco Sport... now waiting...
Just a thought...might want to look into selling the lease out. If the residual value is low enough, you could potentially sell it out, pocket the over and make some cash...if the sport arrives early you have a replacement. The price folks are paying for used cars right now is crazy.
Turned in my challenger, dealer sold it off the lot within two days (I knew the dealer...) He made $10K over residual. I keep my cars clean and low miles. Just a thought.

Thanks for the idea but who's responsible for the car if I do that? Am I still responsible? Because there is no way I trust other people. Other people are going to damage the inside of my car... I've seen how other people treat the inside of cars. I don't even want to describe what the inside of my mother's car looks like :thumbsdown: My car is in spotless in new mint condition and I want to keep it that way.

I don't want end up paying for the damages when I terminate the lease. I don't even let other people sit in my car anymore. Yes, I'm one of those nutcases 🤪

One time I let my cousin sit in my car on the way to Home Depot and after just two trips to Home Depot... he completely scuffed up the side of the passenger car door with his shoes because each time he would get in and out he would bang and scrape it with his shoes, unbelievable! My car is off limits to other people because others will rarely respect your own property.
Sponsored

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks for the idea but who's responsible for the car if I do that? Am I still responsible? Because there is no way I trust other people. Other people are going to damage the inside of my car... I've seen how other people treat the inside of cars. I don't even want to describe what the inside of my mother's car looks like :thumbsdown: My car is in spotless in new mint condition and I want to keep it that way.

I don't want end up paying for the damages when I terminate the lease. I don't even let other people sit in my car anymore. Yes, I'm one of those nutcases 🤪

One time I let my cousin sit in my car on the way to Home Depot and after just two trips to Home Depot... he completely scuffed up the side of the passenger car door with his shoes because each time he would get in and out he would bang and scrape it with his shoes, unbelievable! My car is off limits to other people because other's will rarely respect your own property.
it's literally selling out the vehicle...say the payoff is $14,000...based on what you paid through the lease and what's left in the value of the car. Then you find a buyer willing to pay $18,000. They take out a loan or pay cash? You pay off the car to the dealer, probably 14,000 and fees, whatever is left is your money. The car no longer belongs to you, or the dealer. Say I am the buyer, it's no different than a private sale of a used car. You are the seller, I am the buyer, and you have completed your financial obligation to your lease company/dealership...profit $3500.

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it's literally selling out the vehicle...say the payoff is $14,000...based on what you paid through the lease and what's left in the value of the car. Then you find a buyer willing to pay $18,000. They take out a loan or pay cash? You pay off the car to the dealer, probably 14,000 and fees, whatever is left is your money. The car no longer belongs to you, or the dealer. Say I am the buyer, it's no different than a private sale of a used car. You are the seller, I am the buyer, and you have completed your financial obligation to your lease company/dealership...profit $3500.
I see thanks! The pay-off amount at the very end of my lease contract is 26k. Why would someone want to take over the lease like that... aren't they losing money in doing so? Because they are now going to pay MORE than what I even owe to the dealership. Sorry my chicken brain is malfunctioning. I was kicked in the head by an imaginary horse, literally. 🐎 So I have an excuse! 🤫

I can only assume someone would want to take-over a car like this because I only have 18k miles on the car so far... so it's almost "new"! Asides from the dead body in the trunk but we can ignore that for now.

PS: The dealership also tried to BS me when I was thinking of possibly buying-out my current car I'm leasing. They told me to buy-out the car it will have 6.5% interest with a 24 month term. 6.5% with 36mo. 7.5% with 60 mo. I told them they can kiss my rear. I have included chart below of what they gave me :headbang:

I don't want to buy-out my current car. My definite priority is to have the Bronco Sport fully paid off in less than 2 years. I don't want to be stuck with my current car anymore paying money for someting I don't even want anymore watching it rapidly depreciate because it's a luxury vehicle (it seems Bronco would hold value better?). From my research Mercedes is one of the much faster depreciating vehicles out there. I do not EVER want to lease nor own Mercedes again... not because of that... I am just not a Mercedes person anymore.

Ford Bronco Sport How to estimate actual delivery date? numbers-from-benz

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I see thanks! The pay-off amount at the very end of my lease contract is 26k. Why would someone want to take over the lease like that... aren't they losing money in doing so? Because they are now going to pay MORE than what I even owe to the dealership. Sorry my chicken brain is malfunctioning. I was kicked in the head by an imaginary horse, literally. 🐎 So I have an excuse! 🤫

I can only assume someone would want to take-over a car like this because I only have 18k miles on the car so far... so it's almost "new"! Asides from the dead body in the trunk but we can ignore that for now.

PS: The dealership also tried to BS me when I was thinking of possibly buying-out my current car I'm leasing. They told me to buy-out the car it will have 6.5% interest with a 24 month term. 6.5% with 36mo. 7.5% with 60 mo. I told them they can kiss my rear. I have included chart below of what they gave me :headbang:

I don't want to buy-out my current car. My definite priority is to have the Bronco Sport fully paid off in less than 2 years. I don't want to be stuck with my current car anymore paying money for someting I don't even want anymore watching it rapidly depreciate because it's a luxury vehicle (it seems Bronco would hold value better?). From my research Mercedes is one of the much faster depreciating vehicles out there. I do not EVER want to lease nor own Mercedes again... not because of that... I am just not a Mercedes person anymore.

Ford Bronco Sport How to estimate actual delivery date? numbers-from-benz
On the surface the math seems to work out pretty well. Pay out $26K to buy out the car, then turn around & resell it for more with the profit going towards paying out your BS. This seems to work out well now with the crazy used car market, but of course you have to have the money laying around to buy it out (or go through trying to arrange financing for a car you no longer want to pay for & I get that, same situation for me). Then you have to deal with actually selling it, unless you can get a good offer from one of those dealers that pay cash for right after buying it out. Between ghostings / no shows trying to sell any used vehicle more than the low 4 figures just seems like such a pain.

My own plan is to solicit offers for mine (though it’s financed as a purchase rather than a lease) mostly as a way to make sure my dealer is being competitive on the trade as well as the new price. But still to trade it in & have them handle it all so there’s no mistake in loans/paperwork or anything. Easy. Because ultimately my plan is the same as yours, get into my BS, get it paid off ASAP, probably ugh quicker than what the loan term might be, and not have to worry about a car payment for awhile.

Ford Bronco Sport How to estimate actual delivery date? 763BB43D-A307-41C0-88B5-F375C835A2ED

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the surface the math seems to work out pretty well. Pay out $26K to buy out the car, then turn around & resell it for more with the profit going towards paying out your BS. This seems to work out well now with the crazy used car market, but of course you have to have the money laying around to buy it out (or go through trying to arrange financing for a car you no longer want to pay for & I get that, same situation for me). Then you have to deal with actually selling it, unless you can get a good offer from one of those dealers that pay cash for right after buying it out. Between ghostings / no shows trying to sell any used vehicle more than the low 4 figures just seems like such a pain.

My own plan is to solicit offers for mine (though it’s financed as a purchase rather than a lease) mostly as a way to make sure my dealer is being competitive on the trade as well as the new price. But still to trade it in & have them handle it all so there’s no mistake in loans/paperwork or anything. Easy. Because ultimately my plan is the same as yours, get into my BS, get it paid off ASAP, probably ugh quicker than what the loan term might be, and not have to worry about a car payment for awhile.

Ford Bronco Sport How to estimate actual delivery date? 763BB43D-A307-41C0-88B5-F375C835A2ED

Ah cool I see thanks again for the info! :thumbsup: I am dealing with LOT of time-sensitive things right now. I haven't got the enegry to deal with the headache over 3 or 4K. I'm just going to cross my fingers that the bronco sport doesn't arrive in July...

Reactions: MJE

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cougar, 2009 Edge Recently Totalled
You are literally the only person on earth who ordered a Bronco or Bronco Sport and is hoping for a production delay. I struggle to wrap my head around the concept.
Im with you.. I'm watching my nice weather driving season shrink without a vehicle yet ..

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Im with you.. I'm watching my nice weather driving season shrink without a vehicle yet ..
I gladly drive in the snow. You are extremely fortunate to live where there is FOUR SEASONS and it snows. I'm stuck next to Phoenix... hell-hole on earth brutally scorching HOT where it literally bakes your insides when you go outside. Even in the winter it never really gets "cold". I miss living in states where it snows. I rather have never left Sweden!

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I gladly drive in the snow. You are extremely fortunate to live where there is FOUR SEASONS and it snows. I'm stuck next to Phoenix... hell-hole on earth brutally scorching HOT where it literally bakes your insides when you go outside. Even in the winter it never really gets "cold". I miss living in states where it snows. I rather have never left Sweden!
I ordered a kayak.. it's waiting to be picked up with my new BSBL... Kayak season is definitely shorter up here in Michigan... But of course the accessories I ordered for the kayak are just as delayed as BS... I also have some property in the woods and would love to be able to haul some stuff around up there.. my wife's 2001 mercury cougar does not like dirt... I lost my 2009 edge in a accident in January.. this is the replacement .. this wait is killing me... I need to go to Sweden...

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a kayak.. it's waiting to be picked up with my new BSBL... Kayak season is definitely shorter up here in Michigan... But of course the accessories I ordered for the kayak are just as delayed as BS... I also have some property in the woods and would love to be able to haul some stuff around up there.. my wife's 2001 mercury cougar does not like dirt... I lost my 2009 edge in a accident in January.. this is the replacement .. this wait is killing me... I need to go to Sweden...
Ah I see... yeah it'd be tough to kayak in a lake in the snow LOL. You could always have your Bronco Sport take you "snow kayaking"? I actually never heard of snow kayaking before... just found it on youtube. I have feeling it won't be as peaceful and relaxing as normal kayaking haha... but if you like roller coasters it looks fun... then enjoy some hot chocalate by the fireplace after :turkey: until summer comes around again.

Ford Bronco Sport How to estimate actual delivery date? snow kayaki

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah I see... yeah it'd be tough to kayak in a lake in the snow LOL. You could always have your Bronco Sport take you "snow kayaking"? I actually never heard of snow kayaking before... just found it on youtube. I have feeling it won't be as peaceful and relaxing as normal kayaking haha... but if you like roller coasters it looks fun... then enjoy some hot chocalate by the fireplace after :turkey: until summer comes around again.

Ford Bronco Sport How to estimate actual delivery date? snow kayaki
Look up the canoe races at Montreal winter carnival

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ah yes the grass is always greener… thinking of that because I’d gladly trade ya. Oh to be in phoenix if only I never had to see snow again without driving to it.

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah yes the grass is always greener… thinking of that because I’d gladly trade ya. Oh to be in phoenix if only I never had to see snow again without driving to it.

I used to live where it snows. I LOVE cold weather (being warm and cozy in winter clothes) and always enjoyed snow in winter. I lived in sweden many years ago... it's depressing weather there... too much cold and darkness too many days in a year! Hope to move back to budapest, hungary one day.... but I'll take Colorado mountains or Washington or northern utah... I need to be where there are 4 seasons... I am in the wrong place right now LOL. Story of my life! I LOVE the desert... but my idea of a desert is flagstaff... at least it snows there haha.

I watched video on youtube of people living in coldest place on earth... made me feel like a sissy!

When I get my bronco spot I'm going to drive up to flagstaff with it 😺

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used to live where it snows. I LOVE cold weather (being warm and cozy in winter clothes) and always enjoyed snow in winter. I lived in sweden many years ago... it's depressing weather there... too much cold and darkness too many days in a year! Hope to move back to budapest, hungary one day.... but I'll take Colorado mountains or Washington or northern utah... I need to be where there are 4 seasons... am in the wrong place right now LOL. Story of my life! I LOVE the desert... but my idea of a desert is flagstaff... at least it snows there haha.

I watched video on youtube of people living in coldest place on earth... made me feel like a sissy!

When I get my bronco spot I'm going to drive up to flagstaff with it 😺
Make sure you take that fun road out of Sedona

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Lol let's trade. I'm done with snow and fell in love with Tucson and Phoenix while competing there in college. I have family living there now.
I guess you have to do what you have to do, but it wouldn't cost anything or hurt to ask the bank for the payoff number (assuming residual is $26K...) Put offers out on Facebook marketplace or auto trader and see if someone bites. I had dealers offering. With low miles, you might find a buyer. It's no money out of your pocket...someone pays you at least what you owe, you apply that money to the lease/loan and pay the car off...you don't front the cash.
If it doesn't sell, you finish the lease and turn it in at close.
Sponsored