delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Some of you know that we’ve got 2 Bronco Sports in my household. For various reasons, we needed 2 cars. One thing led to another, and next thing I knew, we had 2 Badlands.

I’ve got to admit - I liked the first enough to buy the second, but I didn’t love it. I liked it.

I now completely love driving this thing. It was fine before the lift and new tires, but now the ride height is much more in line with my liking, and the ride is far more truck-like and…fun! And you should see the looks it gets!

I don’t actually have a car of my own these days. I really haven’t needed one, working from home since Covid struck, and could just drive one of the cars of my other family members that need one more than me. That’s what I’m doing these days, sharing my daughter’s BS.

But the lift and larger tires are lost on her, so I won’t be doing that to her BS, and as nice as it is stock, I’ve now had a taste of a better BS driving experience.

A few months from now, my situation changes up a bit, and I actually am going to need a car of my own. I am seriously considering becoming a 3 BS Badlands family. Just the thought cracks me up a little bit because there hasn’t been a car built that I wanted to have 3 of. Until now. I love driving this thing.

Ford Bronco Sport How much I’ve come around in the BS 0D658FBB-D22F-4781-A7D9-FB376DEE4911
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Some of you know that we’ve got 2 Bronco Sports in my household. For various reasons, we needed 2 cars. One thing led to another, and next thing I knew, we had 2 Badlands.

I’ve got to admit - I liked the first enough to buy the second, but I didn’t love it. I liked it.

I now completely love driving this thing. It was fine before the lift and new tires, but now the ride height is much more in line with my liking, and the ride is far more truck-like and…fun! And you should see the looks it gets!

I don’t actually have a car of my own these days. I really haven’t needed one, working from home since Covid struck, and could just drive one of the cars of my other family members that need one more than me. That’s what I’m doing these days, sharing my daughter’s BS.

But the lift and larger tires are lost on her, so I won’t be doing that to her BS, and as nice as it is stock, I’ve now had a taste of a better BS driving experience.

A few months from now, my situation changes up a bit, and I actually am going to need a car of my own. I am seriously considering becoming a 3 BS Badlands family. Just the thought cracks me up a little bit because there hasn’t been a car built that I wanted to have 3 of. Until now. I love driving this thing.

Ford Bronco Sport How much I’ve come around in the BS 0D658FBB-D22F-4781-A7D9-FB376DEE4911
Looks absolutely amazing, you did a fantastic job on your badlands. I am attempting to put on 235/70/17 coopers soon , no lift needed I hope , I think sticking with the 235 I should be fine , any thoughts would be welcomed. What lift did you use please ? Thanks

Ford Bronco Sport How much I’ve come around in the BS 38316289-6B3A-47BB-BFE2-FBA088BDA17C

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks absolutely amazing, you did a fantastic job on your badlands. I am attempting to put on 235/70/17 coopers soon , no lift needed I hope , I think sticking with the 235 I should be fine , any thoughts would be welcomed. What lift did you use please ? Thanks

Ford Bronco Sport How much I’ve come around in the BS 38316289-6B3A-47BB-BFE2-FBA088BDA17C
Thank you! It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but it came out exactly how I’d hoped. I’m really pleased with it.

I used Fordrangerlifts.com for the lift.
Your 235/70 coopers will look great!

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Even though the BS Badlands are da bomb, I personally wouldn't want 2 of them.
I could possibly go for a full size Bronco and a BS Badlands, that would be fine, or an alternate combo would be the Maverick Hybrid and the BS Badlands.
Anyway, I'm not you and you're not me, whatever works is what matters, enjoy.

greengrass47

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
3 of the same car! I've only seen something similar a few years ago. The neighbors had 2 Mini Coopers. Their son was leaving for college and you can guess which vehicle they got him. All 3 of those things in their driveway looked hilarious.

As long as y'all like them then why not?

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
We had three Escapes briefly last year after my '22 came in, and before we sold my wife's '12.

Traded in my '14 on my wife's '23 BS BL on Monday, so we weren't three Fords again.

I will get another Badlands if the 5G Escape is electric. Really like the BL.

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 of the same car! I've only seen something similar a few years ago. The neighbors had 2 Mini Coopers. Their son was leaving for college and you can guess which vehicle they got him. All 3 of those things in their driveway looked hilarious.

As long as y'all like them then why not?
That’s funny. Yeah - that’s almost my situation. My son headed off to college and we bought him the first BS in the family. After he left, we bought my daughter one. He doesn’t come home a lot so we rarely have both in the driveway at the same time.

Idahobro

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mache GT, F350
That’s funny. Yeah - that’s almost my situation. My son headed off to college and we bought him the first BS in the family. After he left, we bought my daughter one. He doesn’t come home a lot so we rarely have both in the driveway at the same time.
The BS OBX I just ordered is my 14 year old's vehicle. I am just going to test it out for her for a year and a half. :crackup:

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I also have 2. Had one on order. Found a used 2021 for a good price and bought it with the intention of letting the ordered one go. But my wife really like it and claimed it stating it was hers and I could keep my ordered one.

OP
OP
delm

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also have 2. Had one on order. Found a used 2021 for a good price and bought it with the intention of letting the ordered one go. But my wife really like it and claimed it stating it was hers and I could keep my ordered one.
Love it. If it’s practical for different family members, why not?

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
some of you remember the escapes from 2001-2012? i had 2 of them, different years, different times, i felt at "home" in them.... and my new badlands gives me that "Feel" again.... now only thing (so far) i would like to have had different is more room in the back (storage) area. i feels smaller than our 2017 escape (and the 2010 escape we had too) but i really like it. if my 2010 escape was 4wd or awd i would still have it im sure....
i am very familiar with the multiple car thing... i have 3 mustangs, different years but have had mustangs since 1994... i hate to sell them each time i get one... and will be looking to sell the 2015 i have very soon (nothing wrong, but want a full size bronco also and need the room, space, and $$ to purchase one) so i enjoy all of them. life is changing for us as a family and my "wants" are changing to make room for my "needs"....so to speak. hoping to hold on to the Edge and Bronco sport for many years....at present both meets our "needs" for family...maybe one day something will come along that gives me the feel for a new car like the ones i have but right now i am happy with what i have. (all my cars)

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
My wife agrees. She had a '12 Escape Limited Hybrid for almost 11 years. Won it at work. Loved it! Loves her BS BL.

The BS has a 2G Escape brought up-to-date and more off-road feel.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My wife agrees. She had a '12 Escape Limited Hybrid for almost 11 years. Won it at work. Loved it! Loves her BS BL.

The BS has a 2G Escape brought up-to-date and more off-road feel.
Well said!

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
ditto (or is it "tritto"?)

if we get a 4th it will be quattro....
but then we are taking different car now.... LOL