NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I was lucky. My dealer had an order in already, and just modified the order for me. Ordered in March, and got it in two months. Carmax was buying them new and adding $5,000 to the price and selling them like hot cakes. I saw a used 2021 one at Carmax priced $6,00 over what I paid for mine. Ford raised the price $2,000 while I was waiting, but my dealer honored the original price. There's an old saying that eggs are cheaper in the country. I drove 15 miles out of town and saved $5,000 compared to the price of the dealer near my home.
Sponsored

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I was lucky. My dealer had an order in already, and just modified the order for me. Ordered in March, and got it in two months. Carmax was buying them new and adding $5,000 to the price and selling them like hot cakes. I saw a used 2021 one at Carmax priced $6,00 over what I paid for mine. Ford raised the price $2,000 while I was waiting, but my dealer honored the original price. There's an old saying that eggs are cheaper in the country. I drove 15 miles out of town and saved $5,000 compared to the price of the dealer near my home.
What desler here was trying to charge you 5k markup..... Rich or power

mwright88

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
I feel like I'm seeing more and more folks abandoning their orders and finding a comparable Sport on a lot and going with it, even if that means sacrificing desired features or color.

I've also met many individuals who won't give up their order for anything for a variety of reasons - Price protection, the vehicle being made especially for them, hard to find packages, etc. I'm definitely in the "wait as long as it takes" camp since I ordered my dream rig that I plan on keeping for the next 10+ years.

Those of you waiting on an order, which camp do you fall under? How long will it take for you to finally say "enough" and abandon your order? Have you been actively researching dealers to see if anything comparable pops up for you to purchase?
[/QUOTE We ordered ours Nov 12th 2022 and still have not received, it was built March 2nd and it is still pinging at the plant in Mexico, what a shit show, 4 months since built and waiting to be shipped, we were informed by a friend at Ford that the vehicle was damaged in transit, those sneaky bastards are repairing it and going to try to pawn it off on us, do yourself a favor and run

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Just got back from vacation at Lake Powell (not in my BS). Power Ford here in Albuquerque had theirs marked up $5,000. Melloy Ford in Los Lunas honored the price as ordered, with no mark up, even though Ford had raised the price $2,000 since I ordered.

Dtech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
This past weekend was the end of my wait. We drove a little further to an area Ford dealer that had about a dozen USED 2021 and 2022 Bronco Sports on the lot plus three "new" 2022 Badlands models they were trying to sell as "new" with anywhere from 2,000 to over 3000 miles that they admitted they were using as loaner vehicles! Why exactly would you provide all three of your top model hard to get BS Badlands as loaners??? We couldn't understand the plethora of Sports on their lot. In doing some more research not just on this forum but other sources as well regarding some of the concerns, recalls, missing parts, etc., all I will say at this point is there are other reasons all those were sitting on that Ford dealer's lot and it wasn't just the prices they were trying to ask for them or simply people trying to flip the cars in the current vehicle environment as low miles trade ins. I don't care what make or model you're looking at especially in the current economic / car market conditions. Seeing lots of the same recent model low miles used vehicles of any kind at any point in time on a lot does not personally give me a level of confidence in the grand scheme of car shopping.

Please know that I'm not trying to say this to badmouth Ford or as a jab at anyone that is a happy owner of their BS (please enjoy your vehicles!), just to share an observation some people may want to be aware of and consider when placing an order and waiting so long for one of these vehicles either sight unseen or not fully aware of everything including potential concerns, features, fitment, and the like to make a good informed decision. While we were there, we discovered some additional ergonomic concerns with the ones we looked at including the back seat leg room with the front seats in reasonable positions for us, and a couple other minor things as not as ideal to us as well. With that said, we visited several other dealers that day and as providence and blessings would have it, ended up finding and buying a different brand vehicle that I am very happy with on both the deal I was able to make on it and all that it offers for enjoyment, performance, and usability for everything I need and want a vehicle for. I'm not going to mention the vehicle brand/model as I don't want to derail the thread on a brand/model/feature "war" tangent, but again, just do your due diligence and enjoy whatever it is you end up getting, including the Bronco Sport in this crazy market indeed! And yes, I'll still be a Ford fan in general. I think Ford made a great decision making the Bronco and Bronco Sports, they just may need some tweaking in certain areas and in the QC department IMHO to have an even broader usefulness and appeal even though they do have a nice appearance and potential.

BTW...I had no problem getting my dealer to refund my $500 deposit. Of course I was clear up front that should anything not work out for whatever reason they would refund my deposit and they agreed. If you find yourself in a similar boat buying something else, don't let them try and tell you that the deposit is "non-refundable". They're just going to turn around and sell it to someone else anyway and should thank you for the additional vehicle to sell.

Last edited:

Juliet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I feel like I'm seeing more and more folks abandoning their orders and finding a comparable Sport on a lot and going with it, even if that means sacrificing desired features or color.

I've also met many individuals who won't give up their order for anything for a variety of reasons - Price protection, the vehicle being made especially for them, hard to find packages, etc. I'm definitely in the "wait as long as it takes" camp since I ordered my dream rig that I plan on keeping for the next 10+ years.

Those of you waiting on an order, which camp do you fall under? How long will it take for you to finally say "enough" and abandon your order? Have you been actively researching dealers to see if anything comparable pops up for you to purchase?
I fell under both. I ordered (12/5) and then bought off a lot(2/5). Then when my order came in 7 months after I placed it, I ended up trading in. I hadn't planned to, but when I drove the one I ordered it was noticeable quieter. Really happy I didn't cancel.

anniem

Badlands
First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
This past weekend was the end of my wait. We drove a little further to an area Ford dealer that had about a dozen USED 2021 and 2022 Bronco Sports on the lot plus three "new" 2022 Badlands models they were trying to sell as "new" with anywhere from 2,000 to over 3000 miles that they admitted they were using as loaner vehicles! Why exactly would you provide all three of your top model hard to get BS Badlands as loaners??? We couldn't understand the plethora of Sports on their lot. In doing some more research not just on this forum but other sources as well regarding some of the concerns, recalls, missing parts, etc. but other sources as well, all I will say at this point is there are other reasons all those were sitting on that Ford dealer's lot and it wasn't just the prices they were trying to ask for them or simply people trying to flip the cars in the current vehicle environment as low miles trade ins. I don't care what make or model you're looking at especially in the current economic / car market conditions. Seeing lots of the same recent model used vehicles of any kind at any point in time on a lot does not personally give me a level of confidence in the grand scheme of car shopping.

Please know that I'm not trying to say this to badmouth Ford or as a jab at anyone that is a happy owner of their BS (please enjoy your vehicles!), just to share an observation some people may want to be aware of and consider when placing an order and waiting so long for one of these vehicles either sight unseen or not fully aware of everything including potential concerns, features, fitment, and the like to make a good informed decision. While we were there, we discovered some additional ergonomic concerns with the ones we looked at including the back seat leg room with the front seats in reasonable positions for us, and a couple other minor things as not as ideal to us as well. With that said, we visited several other dealers that day and as providence and blessings would have it, ended up finding and buying a different brand vehicle that I am very happy with on both the deal I was able to make on it and all that it offers for enjoyment, performance, and usability for everything I need and want a vehicle for. I'm not going to mention the vehicle brand/model as I don't want to derail the thread on a brand/model/feature "war" tangent, but again, just do your due diligence and enjoy whatever it is you end up getting, including the Bronco Sport in this crazy market indeed! And yes, I'll still be a Ford fan in general. I think Ford made a great decision making the Bronco and Bronco Sports, they just may need some tweaking in certain areas and in the QC department IMHO to have an even broader usefulness and appeal even though they do have a nice appearance and potential.
Happy to hear that you found something you're happy with! It was a little sad when I only saw Elegance and I had posted updates yesterday, as there were 4-5 of us in the same time frame-ish still waiting. Enjoy your new vehicle!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
How long am I willing to wait ?
From the time I lay eyes on what I want I’ll give them two hours to dick around with the paper work. I will not haggle more than five minutes. I’LL walk !
It has to be on the lot and what I want. I don’t do special, custom, or wait for it to arrive, ever !
It’s just a necessity of the modern world. It’s a tool, a means to an end.
A new vehicle is sometimes necessary. But unlike a Gun I will buy used.
I don’t get all horny over a new car.
Sometimes, when a man has had a full measure of life.
This is rare by the way.
This man can sum it all up and do amazing things with it.
For Instance,
See through the bull crap of life or the fallacy of a shiny new car.
A new car can be sweet but it’s a heartless want, not important in life at all.
Vroom Vroom.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
How long am I willing to wait ?
From the time I lay eyes on what I want I’ll give them two hours to dick around with the paper work. I will not haggle more than five minutes. I’LL walk !
It has to be on the lot and what I want. I don’t do special, custom, or wait for it to arrive, ever !
It’s just a necessity of the modern world. It’s a tool, a means to an end.
A new vehicle is sometimes necessary. But unlike a Gun I will buy used.
I don’t get all horny over a new car.
Sometimes, when a man has had a full measure of life.
This is rare by the way.
This man can sum it all up and do amazing things with it.
For Instance,
See through the bull crap of life or the fallacy of a shiny new car.
A new car can be sweet but it’s a heartless want, not important in life at all.
Vroom Vroom.
I’ve pretty much have always custom ordered my cars. Normally because I don’t need all the bells and whistles and I normally drive stick shifts. In the past 30 years it was hard to find either of those. Usually fully loaded which meant automatic transmission.
Granted, I used to always buy under A or Z plans so there was no “haggling”. It also only took normally 4 to 6 weeks to get one. These are different times.
I really feel bad for those that are forced to need something now without a choice.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
I ordered 10 January 2022, and it was delivered 6 July 2022. Almost 6 mos. To be honest the dealer got the car at the end of June, but I couldn't take delivery until 6 July.

Pigpen

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport

I’m at five months and counting. I’ll wait as long as it takes. My price is locked in. Plus, since I’m saving money every month that I wait, it won’t be long before I won’t have to finance more than 10K.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
I’m at five months and counting. I’ll wait as long as it takes. My price is locked in. Plus, since I’m saving money every month that I wait, it won’t be long before I won’t have to finance more than 10K.

BTW, this was huge in making my decision. I wanted to lease and I saw the MSRP had gone up close to $3k making a 0 down 36 mos. lease close to $700.00 per month. Unacceptable to me. Because I ordered the car back on 10 Jan 2022 I got the older price locked in my payment is just a tad over $600 per month saving $100 per month. I sold the Escape for $33k with a buyout of $25K.
Sponsored