SAcobra427

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT, 2005 F350 DRW Diesel
Here is what I did and now its 1000 times better than what it was. The OP has his tape along the sides of the raised hood sections but I found it comes from the high points on the top edges of the fenders too. And yes it is the worst from Fall thru Spring because of the low sun angle. Got the Bronco in June and didnt really notice anything until Fall rolled around. Its just some black
satin 3M wrap
Ford Bronco Sport Hood decals to reduce glare IMG_3046
Ford Bronco Sport Hood decals to reduce glare IMG_3048
Sponsored

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wrapping the hood in flat black or possibly carbon fiber wrap, except the later could have a poser look to it.

OP
OP
Big Brody

Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Here is what I did and now its 1000 times better than what it was. The OP has his tape along the sides of the raised hood sections but I found it comes from the high points on the top edges of the fenders too. And yes it is the worst from Fall thru Spring because of the low sun angle. Got the Bronco in June and didnt really notice anything until Fall rolled around. Its just some black
satin 3M wrap
Ford Bronco Sport Hood decals to reduce glare IMG_3046
Ford Bronco Sport Hood decals to reduce glare IMG_3048
The 3m wrap looks good. Was that a heat shrink? Did you have issues with bubbles?

SAcobra427

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT, 2005 F350 DRW Diesel
Big B
I used 3M Scotchcal with "Comply" adhesive. It goes on pretty easy on its own but I did use the wifes hairdryer at a few spots to help stretch it here and there. Its my understanding that this stuff breaths and lets the air trapped underneath escape stopping it from getting the bubbles.

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
I would be interested in black or clear. It's an awful glare with the right (wrong) conditions. I'm not sure if there are differences in hoods though. I have an FE.

DBBLTAP

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 MFE (Mighty Ford Escape)
So the glare I keep hearing about is just from the spots where the blue tape are? I figured if it's an issue I'd just do two matte black stripes over the bumps. Figured it'd look ok on the Green. Decals would be much easier than just painting them on.
Agree. Sunlight reflecting off the hood is Not the issue: It's the bumps. More specifically the inboard edges of the bumps. I'll give my Tint Shop a call to ask if they have any ideas .... can't be much more difficult than fitting a vinyl bra on the front of the hood.

Uncle Buck

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have been working on hood decals to reduce the glare off the bumps. I scanned the hood and I have worked a few prototypes and almost have it complete. The blue vinyl I used here is to have it show up against the (dirty) black better, but I could do any color. I plan to use black on the final decal.
Would anyone else be interested in buying these?

Ford Bronco Sport Hood decals to reduce glare IMG_20230113_134604

Ford Bronco Sport Hood decals to reduce glare IMG_20230113_134519
If you want to look into satin vinyl, you might check out Xpel paint protection film. I have their local dealer install it on all surfaces forward of the A-pillar on our 22 Badlands. The gloss clear is totally invisible, so not what you want, but he used the satin on the grill to preserve the less-glossy appearance and it is perfect. I did a good amount of research before landing on Xpel, but I was getting it mostly to guard against rock chips because we tend to keep cars 12+ years.
Hope this is helpful.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
Agree. Sunlight reflecting off the hood is Not the issue: It's the bumps. More specifically the inboard edges of the bumps. I'll give my Tint Shop a call to ask if they have any ideas .... can't be much more difficult than fitting a vinyl bra on the front of the hood.
Cool. I'll have to look mine over when it arrives and decide what will look best as far as adding black.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
It is irritating, and my polarized glasses help but don't stop the glare. I'd be interested if the price is reasonable.

OP
OP
Big Brody

Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks for all the comments and feedback. I am finalizing the design and setting up my website so I can sell them. I'd be willing to send a few pairs out for people to try for free. Let me know who is interested. All that I ask is I get some feedback on how to make them better.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Thanks for all the comments and feedback. I am finalizing the design and setting up my website so I can sell them. I'd be willing to send a few pairs out for people to try for free. Let me know who is interested. All that I ask is I get some feedback on how to make them better.
I’m in Denver and would be willing to do a test fit.