Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I have been working on hood decals to reduce the glare off the bumps. I scanned the hood and I have worked a few prototypes and almost have it complete. The blue vinyl I used here is to have it show up against the (dirty) black better, but I could do any color. I plan to use black on the final decal.
Would anyone else be interested in buying these?

Ford Bronco Sport Hood decals to reduce glare IMG_20230113_134604

Ford Bronco Sport Hood decals to reduce glare IMG_20230113_134519
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I've been thinking that if I could find a satin clear material, I would like to have something like what you have laid out.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
I would be interested as that problem is very annoying on a bright sunny day. How about red to match my wife's BS color?

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
My dad's 1970 Opel Kadett Rallye had two wide, flat black sections on the hood. A search has pictures. Neat car.

IdahoDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 sport
So the glare I keep hearing about is just from the spots where the blue tape are? I figured if it's an issue I'd just do two matte black stripes over the bumps. Figured it'd look ok on the Green. Decals would be much easier than just painting them on.

OP
OP
Big Brody

Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I'll see if I can find a vinyl color to match the red. First thing is to track down a red BS.

OP
OP
Big Brody

Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
So the glare I keep hearing about is just from the spots where the blue tape are? I figured if it's an issue I'd just do two matte black stripes over the bumps. Figured it'd look ok on the Green. Decals would be much easier than just painting them on.
I see it mostly from those edges facing the driver.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
I'm considering tinting the bottom four or five inches of my windshield all the way across.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I'm considering tinting the bottom four or five inches of my windshield all the way across.
Careful that might be illegal in New York. I've tinted the windows on cars since 1988. I only go with 35% on the door windows and only have been stopped once. I'm getting my new OBX front door windows done 35% this week. I also do an eyebrow across the top of windshield. That is legal along as it doesn't go down too far. I believe tint on lower windshield would be illegal and very obvious. Check and make sure your vehicle will pass NYS inspection with lower windshield tinted.

SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Careful that might be illegal in New York. I've tinted the windows on cars since 1988. I only go with 35% on the door windows and only have been stopped once. I'm getting my new OBX front door windows done 35% this week. I also do an eyebrow across the top of windshield. That is legal along as it doesn't go down too far. I believe tint on lower windshield would be illegal and very obvious. Check and make sure your vehicle will pass NYS inspection with lower windshield tinted.
I don't think it will be a problem as that narrow a strip at that low an angle won't block the vision of anything but the section of the hood that reflects the sun. What would be better is a piece of vinyl for the hood that covers the two raised portions completely from side to side.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Rather than going to all that trouble, get a pair of polarized clip-on sunglasses. Polarized lenses block reflected light. Fishermen use them all the time so they can more easily see through the reflection on water.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have 3 pairs of high quality polarized sunglasses. The glare from the hood at certain times of mornings or early evenings (driving directly facing the sun) goes right through the polarized sunglasses. Those sunglasses do nothing around March and October timeframes because where I live are many East/West streets so it’s unavoidable driving into the sun at certain times of the day. It’s just part of life out here with the Bronco Sport and I’m used to it.
Sponsored