Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Are any owners finding the glare from the bulges too much to handle? Has anyone found a product like a clear light diffuser or a hood decal that covers the bulge to reduce light glare? I do wear polarized shades but it's not enough. I already looked at vortex designs and I can't find a product that would cover the bulge facing the driver. It brings me back to my old 04 Forester XT with that hood scoop glare. Any suggestions appreciated.
Sponsored

Freddy Turbina

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
At the perfect time of day, I am blinded by the reflection/glare, but it seems to be only when the sun was at a certain height so I’ve been able to ignore it.

I've seen a few pics/vids where just the tops of the bulges are covered with another color, but I haven’t been able to find any source to buy them.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
At the perfect time of day, I am blinded by the reflection/glare, but it seems to be only when the sun was at a certain height so I’ve been able to ignore it.

I've seen a few pics/vids where just the tops of the bulges are covered with another color, but I haven’t been able to find any source to buy them.
I used roughly 6x7 pieces of 3M deep matt black to cover the slope section towards windshield on silver Badlands. Just made template for shape and cut the film. Easy to install. I suspect a clear matt may also work, but to me black looks fine and you could add other film patterns to that same "hump" going forward if you want something more creative. Too bad they designed the slope that way - at the right sun angle sunglasses, polarized or not, won't help.
Amazon.com: 3M 1080 M22 MATTE DEEP BLACK 5ft x 1ft (5 Sq/ft) Car Wrap Vinyl Film: Automotive

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
It’s not just the bulges, the majority of the hood surface is completely flat so there’s a lot of area to catch the sun. On a long drive it really does add to the fatigue. Thought about having it wrapped with matte black, but Ford did such a nice job with the design that I prefer my BS to appear as unmodified as possible.

EDIT: found what I was looking for. https://www.vortexsigns.com/car-decals/ford/ford-bronco-exterior-accessories-decals-stickers/bronco-sport/hood-vinyl-overlay-graphics-v2

Last edited:

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
My wife says she has the same problem with her 2021 Sport. I just posted a question to Vortexsigns in another post about it. I will post an answer when he responds.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I have this fat black pillow that’s about 10x12 inches. Got it at a thrift store for $2.
It works great as I just slide it back and forth on the dash to block the glare. I can also set my hat on the pillow.
Blocks the suns reflection on the hood just fine…
TWO DOLLARS !
It lives on the back seat, pulled only when needed. Keeps me from needing to cover my beautiful Shadow Black paint job it does.

Last edited:

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
Encountered the glare on our road trip from picking up our BS at Granger in Iowa back to Denver. I’ve had this on a couple other vehicles in the past. It was annoying for sure and I was thinking of possible solutions. Since then, we’ve put almost 8000 miles on our BS and have only encountered it one or two other times for just a minute or so when the sun is at just the right position. Honestly forgot about it until this thread popped up again.

I would probably do a matte black or non-reflective wrap or something on the hood bumps if it became a more consistent issue, as others are mentioning here. Like if I had to commute to work or back every day at a time when the sun is in the right spot…

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thought about wrapping mine in flat Cactus Grey.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I have several decals from vortex signs and they were a good company to work with. But for the hood, I did the scoop (and here is one of my vortex decals too)

Ford Bronco Sport Hood bulge glare 89DFC11F-1C94-4176-9ACA-D9CE1ABE96FF

Last edited:

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Are any owners finding the glare from the bulges too much to handle? Has anyone found a product like a clear light diffuser or a hood decal that covers the bulge to reduce light glare? I do wear polarized shades but it's not enough. I already looked at vortex designs and I can't find a product that would cover the bulge facing the driver. It brings me back to my old 04 Forester XT with that hood scoop glare. Any suggestions appreciated.
Started a post in accessories for that question/purpose.
about hood scoop and hood decal for that reason.
Will probably do a hood wrap in matte color.
To remove glare.
There are pics in that post.

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Made a vinyl piece to cover mine, it still catches the edge a bit, but glare happens.

I have several decals from vortex signs and they were a good company to work with. But for the good, I did the scoop (and here is one of my vortex decals too)
Hood Emblems unite! Ford should have put a hood emblem on too.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood bulge glare 20210515_163529_HDR_hoodcrop.JPG

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ditto
Sponsored