Hood bulge glare

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Are any owners finding the glare from the bulges too much to handle? Has anyone found a product like a clear light diffuser or a hood decal that covers the bulge to reduce light glare? I do wear polarized shades but it's not enough. I already looked at vortex designs and I can't find a product that would cover the bulge facing the driver. It brings me back to my old 04 Forester XT with that hood scoop glare. Any suggestions appreciated.

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
At the perfect time of day, I am blinded by the reflection/glare, but it seems to be only when the sun was at a certain height so I’ve been able to ignore it.

I've seen a few pics/vids where just the tops of the bulges are covered with another color, but I haven’t been able to find any source to buy them.

GT1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
At the perfect time of day, I am blinded by the reflection/glare, but it seems to be only when the sun was at a certain height so I’ve been able to ignore it.

I've seen a few pics/vids where just the tops of the bulges are covered with another color, but I haven’t been able to find any source to buy them.
I used roughly 6x7 pieces of 3M deep matt black to cover the slope section towards windshield on silver Badlands. Just made template for shape and cut the film. Easy to install. I suspect a clear matt may also work, but to me black looks fine and you could add other film patterns to that same "hump" going forward if you want something more creative. Too bad they designed the slope that way - at the right sun angle sunglasses, polarized or not, won't help.
Amazon.com: 3M 1080 M22 MATTE DEEP BLACK 5ft x 1ft (5 Sq/ft) Car Wrap Vinyl Film: Automotive

OP
Geelloo90042

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
Thank you all for the suggestions so far.

Advertisement

Advertisement