kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
The hood scoop looks like a gorilla's nostrils. Just looks really bad IMO. Uggh!
Sponsored

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This post almost makes me want to sell my Bronco Sport Badlands. I mean it suffers from the dreaded "Hood Buldge Glare" and now I find out I added gorilla nostrils to it??? I'm just flabbergasted. Right now the only reason I'm going to keep it is because I at least have a front camera. Whew!

Ford Bronco Sport Hood bulge glare 20220123_201737

zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Hey guys, I was thinking about this potential issue. Why not just wrap the entire hood in a matte matching color?

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
Hey guys, I was thinking about this potential issue. Why not just wrap the entire hood in a matte matching color?
Or move to the Pacific northwest.

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This post almost makes me want to sell my Bronco Sport Badlands. I mean it suffers from the dreaded "Hood Buldge Glare" and now I find out I added gorilla nostrils to it??? I'm just flabbergasted. Right now the only reason I'm going to keep it is because I at least have a front camera. Whew!

Ford Bronco Sport Hood bulge glare 20220123_201737
There are more people viewing the image of your Bronco sport who are already ordering hood scoops for themselves!

People who don't like what other people are doing and have to complain about what other people are doing are just complainers.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Are any owners finding the glare from the bulges too much to handle? Has anyone found a product like a clear light diffuser or a hood decal that covers the bulge to reduce light glare? I do wear polarized shades but it's not enough. I already looked at vortex designs and I can't find a product that would cover the bulge facing the driver. It brings me back to my old 04 Forester XT with that hood scoop glare. Any suggestions appreciated.
Move your seat up or down. Its not the hoods fault. Its your position. Every car/truck can have glare if your in wrong position.

zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
That had crossed my mind. Protection from rock chips is another plus.
I will wrap the hood in a darker matte grey to avoid glare. My BS is carbonized grey, so I think it should look ok. Plus, you are right; it should protect a little against smaller rocks.

It is not your sitting position, as Martin suggests, since glare is a reflection on a surface in relation to the sun's position. So, as long as you can see the hood, you will potentially have glare.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I don't have any glare issues. I do have my entire hood wrapped in PPF. It's not matte but maybe the material does a better job at diffusing the light than the clear coat.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
The problem I am seeing when riding in my wife's BS is the glare off the sides of the hood bulge that face the center of the hood not the top.

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wonder if Ford ever considered installing a lower sunvisor you could flip up for hood buldge glare....?

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Move your seat up or down. Its not the hoods fault. Its your position. Every car/truck can have glare if your in wrong position.
Not all hoods have the same Hood with long tall 1" ridges that reflect at angles from the sides also. Directing light into the cab.
Not going to change my seat height. To me thats rediculous.
Change my comfort so don't get lasered in the eyes. No.

Going to put flat wrap over it and/or matte hood scoop

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
There are more people viewing the image of your Bronco sport who are already ordering hood scoops for themselves!

People who don't like what other people are doing and have to complain about what other people are doing are just complainers.
Not complaining. Just making a personal opinion about aesthetics.

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not complaining. Just making a personal opinion about aesthetics.
Right... and you took my comment as directed at you because you are making a funny comment about gorilla nostrils.

Along with gorilla nostrils comment which was funny. Okay
Without the hood scoop the hood bulges look like nostrils.
But the classic ram the entire front end look like a giant nose.

Not here to police people just made an observation about complainers.
Sponsored

Last edited: