Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure!

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Am I the only one who looks at A51 and gets a hankering for a bagel with blueberry cream cheese?
Sponsored

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I ordered VB, but I haven't seen it in the wild yet except once when a VB BS was 2 cars behind me on the road.
That was probably me, since I live in Kingston too.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was probably me, since I live in Kingston too.
I keep looking for you. If you see some maniac in a dark blue Sentra waiving that will be me...until next month, then I'll be a maniac in a VB BSBL.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep looking for you. If you see some maniac in a dark blue Sentra waiving that will be me...until next month, then I'll be a maniac in a VB BSBL.
Did yours get built last week?

I went to Silverdale yesterday. I was passed by a woman in a Bronco (Area 51 soft top). She waved as she passed. I pulled into Trapperā€™s behind a Red Sport (Big Ben). Saw a Bronco (Cyber Orange) heading south when I was heading home. Also saw a Black Bronco between Silverdale and Kingston. That was a record for Bronco sightings in one outing, at least for me. Today I saw someone near Safeway in a White BS. Had a white roof, so probably a Big Ben.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did yours get built last week?

i went to Silverdale yesterday. I was passed by a woman in a Bronco (Area 51 soft top). She waved as she passed. I pulled into Trapperā€™s behind a Red Sport (Big Ben). Saw a Bronco (Cyber Orange) heading south when I was heading home. Also saw a Black Bronco between Silverdale and Kingston. That was a record for Bronco sightings in one outing, at least for me. Today I saw someone near Safeway in a White BS. Had a white roof, so probably a Big Ben.
It's "in production" and likely to remain that way until some time next week. Seems the plant is running a little behind lately.

ClineDesign

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OBX, 99 Chevy Silverado 2500, CT90
Originally I wanted the Area 51 color but a Carbonized Grey OBX model became available and I'm glad I went with that. I'm seeing a lot of Area 51 regret from buyers now.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's "in production" and likely to remain that way until some time next week. Seems the plant is running a little behind lately.
My production date was moved 3 times. As of February 11 it was scheduled for the week of March 7. I got an email on March 10 that it had been built. The vehicle shipped email came on March 17. I had my VIN as of January 20, so I knew mine was coming from a Mexico facility. Arrived at Bremerton dealer April 6. As a side note, I received the under dash insulator panel, that it shipped without, today. The light at the end of your tunnel is getting brighter. šŸ˜

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My production date was moved 3 times. As of February 11 it was scheduled for the week of March 7. I got an email on March 10 that it had been built. The vehicle shipped email came on March 17. I had my VIN as of January 20, so I knew mine was coming from a Mexico facility. Arrived at Bremerton dealer April 6. As a side note, I received the under dash insulator panel, that it shipped without, today. The light at the end of your tunnel is getting brighter. šŸ˜
They've only moved it up, never back. It went into production on the 13th, theoretically. Those who have received built status recently are getting it 17-18 days after the window sticker, so maybe the 30th or 31st for me if the trend holds.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They've only moved it up, never back. It went into production on the 13th, theoretically. Those who have received built status recently are getting it 17-18 days after the window sticker, so maybe the 30th or 31st for me if the trend holds.
I just found my production number. Didnā€™t realize it was a ā€˜thingā€™. 871/1166. I wonder how that is assigned. I know Ford confirmed my order on December 5, 2021. Looks like I screen shot the window sticker on March 10. From order confirmed to delivery - 4 months and a day. Looks like you may get yours before the 4 month mark. Iā€˜ve gotšŸ¤ž for you. It really is a dream to drive. I was worried coming from a 5.0 liter V8 to a 2.0 liter 4 cylinder, but I really like 22+ mpg šŸ’™ versus the 16+ I was getting from the F150 SCrew.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I grabbed the first BS in the County back in Dec 2020
It was a Shadow black base model. Idda made that move no matter what color it was.
I still like the black, But the vehicle itself is what sold me.
And the $28,000 price.
Just crossed 20,000 miles and not a single problem.

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Bronco Sport... now waiting...
BOL..SUSPECT SPOTTED IN VAN BUREN TWP MOVING WEST AT A RAPID PACE. PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! 105951036-1559761167164bigfoot~2

**Update** chihuahua has been apprehended REPEAT the dog has been apprehended and is behind bars, no longer considered a threat

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! Chihuahua-is-seen-through-001
LOL! Too funny but great news šŸ¤“

It's very obvious now. Culprit was the Chihuahua all along. It's always the most innocent ones that are the most dangerous. Trust me, I know. People always tell me I look so innocent.

NEWS UPDATE: The suspect is now confirmed to be a confused Sasquatch, whom escaped from Bronco Headquarters, was simply running for its LIFE from a Rabid toothless Chihuahua. Hence armed with an AX in attempt to defend itself against the ferocious Chihuahua. Chihuahua sent to life in prison without the possibility parole.

johnnyoknows

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My story covers both sides of this coin.

Originally I ordered a 2021 Badlands in Area 51 in Feb. 2021. I kept my eyes peeled here as each new picture of that color was posted, and I was in the same indecisive boat as the OP. Some of the A51 pics looked really good, some made it look more washed out and dull. I determined that I liked the color the best when there were darker lighting conditions, I.E. at dusk or when it is parked next to a building or other vehicle and reflecting dark colors: it appears as a much richer blue. Ultimately I decided I was perfectly content with the A51 selection and couldnā€™t wait for my order to arrive.

Fast-forward to November 2021 (9 months after ordering) and my Bronco still hadnā€™t arrived. I just happened to hop onto the Ford website and noticed the 2022 models were available, and also that Velocity Blue was now an available color. In an instant, I was again torn on my A51 color selection. I spent countless hours here and elsewhere comparing both colors and going back and forth. I finally got the call middle of November that my Bronco had arrived at the dealership and was ready for pickup. I was so torn. On one hand, I was excited my wait was over, but I also was leaning more and more towards the Velocity Blue as being my favorite. I drove to the dealer the next morning not exactly sure what I was going to do. When I pulled up, my A51 was waiting for meā€¦. parked right next to a F150 in VB. My eyes kept wandering over to the VB as my sales rep excitedly showed off the features of my new Bronco. I did one final walk around on the A51, with the VB firmly in my peripheral, and it just hit me: the VB had my heart. I confessed to my rep that I wasnā€™t in love with the color, and that I had noticed 2022 models were now available and that VB was now an option. Her face dropped (I mean the sale was basically in the bag for her); she deployed her best sales tactics to try and get me back into the A51 saddle, but I held firm. Long story short, I ended up walking off the lot with an order for a 2022 Badlands in VB. (And I can only imagine they turned around and instantly sold the fully loaded A51 to some lucky dog for several grand over MSRP).

In the months that followed, and as I overanalyzed more and more pics of each color, I completely flipped opinion again. I had made a MASSIVE mistake not taking delivery on the A51! The VB was flashier, sure, but the A51 color felt classier. Every time I saw a new pic of the A51 on here, it was like a little dagger in my side; it just looked so perfect. Eventually, I just stopped logging on here and looking at pics online. I had made my Velocity Blue bed, and now I had to sleep in it. My Xterra had died, and I was now borrowing my GFs car as I waited on my Bronco, so canceling *another* order (especially to go back to my originally ordered color) wouldā€™ve resulted in the sudden loss of one (or probably both) of my testicles. Bottom line: I was taking delivery on the 2022 Badlands even if it showed up wearing purple polkadots.

Another fast-forward to this past Wednesday. After an additional 6+ months of waiting, my 2022 VB arrived at the dealer. My drive there was filled with mixed emotions; happy to finally be at the end of this journey, but also a little bittersweet that I fumbled my chance to get the A51.

The moment I pulled into the dealership, all of my doubts and regret completely vanished. My Velocity Blue Badlands was displayed in all of its glory, and she was absolutely STUNNING! I was honestly at a loss for words. All I could do was chuckle that I had spent so much time beating myself up and wracking myself with guilt over the decision to switch colors. The VB completely stole back my heart on the spot, and I couldnā€™t wait to drive it home that night. Over the last 3 days, Iā€™ve spent an embarrassing amount of time just starting at my new BS. Walking around it, checking it out from every angle. Seeking out different lighting conditions to park it in so I can get out and look at it again. IMO, no other Ford vehicle looks better in VB than the Bronco Sport. And while I still think the A51 is a beautiful color, I definitely landed on *my* color with the VB.

Turns out, having a completely indecisive personality during a 15-month wait for a new vehicle is an absolutely tortuous experience, but holy hell do I LOVE my new Bronco Sport!

TL;DR - You truly canā€™t go wrong with either color.

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! B92DB2A2-7611-4525-9F24-4866EAB4F004

OP
OP
tropical2022

tropical2022

Badlands
First Name
Tropical
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Bronco Sport... now waiting...
My story covers both sides of this coin.

Originally I ordered a 2021 Badlands in Area 51 in Feb. 2021. I kept my eyes peeled here as each new picture of that color was posted, and I was in the same indecisive boat as the OP. Some of the A51 pics looked really good, some made it look more washed out and dull. I determined that I liked the color the best when there were darker lighting conditions, I.E. at dusk or when it is parked next to a building or other vehicle and reflecting dark colors: it appears as a much richer blue. Ultimately I decided I was perfectly content with the A51 selection and couldnā€™t wait for my order to arrive.

Fast-forward to November 2021 (9 months after ordering) and my Bronco still hadnā€™t arrived. I just happened to hop onto the Ford website and noticed the 2022 models were available, and also that Velocity Blue was now an available color. In an instant, I was again torn on my A51 color selection. I spent countless hours here and elsewhere comparing both colors and going back and forth. I finally got the call middle of November that my Bronco had arrived at the dealership and was ready for pickup. I was so torn. On one hand, I was excited my wait was over, but I also was leaning more and more towards the Velocity Blue as being my favorite. I drove to the dealer the next morning not exactly sure what I was going to do. When I pulled up, my A51 was waiting for meā€¦. parked right next to a F150 in VB. My eyes kept wandering over to the VB as my sales rep excitedly showed off the features of my new Bronco. I did one final walk around on the A51, with the VB firmly in my peripheral, and it just hit me: the VB had my heart. I confessed to my rep that I wasnā€™t in love with the color, and that I had noticed 2022 models were now available and that VB was now an option. Her face dropped (I mean the sale was basically in the bag for her); she deployed her best sales tactics to try and get me back into the A51 saddle, but I held firm. Long story short, I ended up walking off the lot with an order for a 2022 Badlands in VB. (And I can only imagine they turned around and instantly sold the fully loaded A51 to some lucky dog for several grand over MSRP).

In the months that followed, and as I overanalyzed more and more pics of each color, I completely flipped opinion again. I had made a MASSIVE mistake not taking delivery on the A51! The VB was flashier, sure, but the A51 color felt classier. Every time I saw a new pic of the A51 on here, it was like a little dagger in my side; it just looked so perfect. Eventually, I just stopped logging on here and looking at pics online. I had made my Velocity Blue bed, and now I had to sleep in it. My Xterra had died, and I was now borrowing my GFs car as I waited on my Bronco, so canceling *another* order (especially to go back to my originally ordered color) wouldā€™ve resulted in the sudden loss of one (or probably both) of my testicles. Bottom line: I was taking delivery on the 2022 Badlands even if it showed up wearing purple polkadots.

Another fast-forward to this past Wednesday. After an additional 6+ months of waiting, my 2022 VB arrived at the dealer. My drive there was filled with mixed emotions; happy to finally be at the end of this journey, but also a little bittersweet that I fumbled my chance to get the A51.

The moment I pulled into the dealership, all of my doubts and regret completely vanished. My Velocity Blue Badlands was displayed in all of its glory, and she was absolutely STUNNING! I was honestly at a loss for words. All I could do was chuckle that I had spent so much time beating myself up and wracking myself with guilt over the decision to switch colors. The VB completely stole back my heart on the spot, and I couldnā€™t wait to drive it home that night. Over the last 3 days, Iā€™ve spent an embarrassing amount of time just starting at my new BS. Walking around it, checking it out from every angle. Seeking out different lighting conditions to park it in so I can get out and look at it again. IMO, no other Ford vehicle looks better in VB than the Bronco Sport. And while I still think the A51 is a beautiful color, I definitely landed on *my* color with the VB.

Turns out, having a completely indecisive personality during a 15-month wait for a new vehicle is an absolutely tortuous experience, but holy hell do I LOVE my new Bronco Sport!

TL;DR - You truly canā€™t go wrong with either color.

Ford Bronco Sport Having possible regrets ordering Area51 color the more I look at Velocity Blue... I think not sure! B92DB2A2-7611-4525-9F24-4866EAB4F004

LOL!!! Congrats it looks AWESOME and very vibrant and stricking!! šŸ‘ It's good to see I'm not the only one giving sooooo much thought going onto into turmoil about the colors LMAO. I do not want to admit how many hours and hours I spent online looking at the two colors. I have never seen VB in person. But it will be very INTERESTING and/or stressful if I see both the Area 51 and VB when I go to pick up my bronco sport LOL

But I really do prefer lighter colors and I like baby blue... so I'm relatively confident I will still prefer Area 51 (as long as it doesn't look "washed out" or is not blue enough and ends up being more gray instead of blueish)... but only time will tell. When my vehicle does arrive at the lot I'll update this thread with either happy tears or a gosh darn it!!!... moment šŸ˜šŸ¤ 
Sponsored