Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires?

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My biggest concern is the effect on take off and rolling acceleration and power. Woundering how much and how noticeable it is on the 1.5
That's going to be the deciding factor between 245/65's and 235's.
Personally, if you are not concerned about gaining an extra half inch of ground clearance, I’d go with the 235’s as I feel the 1.5 liter is a little underpowered with the 245’s. I only did the 245’s because I bought the leveling kit and it will fill out the wheel well a little better. It still has some zip, but a noticeable difference, at least from stock. So I feel like the small gains might be worth it. I had the same debate too. Plus, a 235 can actually fit in the spare tire compartment. 245 raises it substantially.
Sponsored

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Personally, if you are not concerned about gaining an extra half inch of ground clearance, I’d go with the 235’s as I feel the 1.5 liter is a little underpowered with the 245’s. I only did the 245’s because I bought the leveling kit and it will fill out the wheel well a little better. It still has some zip, but a noticeable difference, at least from stock. So I feel like the small gains might be worth it. I had the same debate too. Plus, a 235 can actually fit in the spare tire compartment. 245 raises it substantially.
Thanks a bunch.
The lift from the tires and more side wall is definitely what I'm interested in. I guess if I want more power there's always sport mode. I already use it to pass cars anyway so what the hell.

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks a bunch.
The lift from the tires and more side wall is definitely what I'm interested in. I guess if I want more power there's always sport mode. I already use it to pass cars anyway so what the hell.
Then I would definitely do the 245’s. They do look pretty sweet. I’ve posted some pictures as I’m sure you’ve seen many others as well. The side wall difference is noticeable. And it’s nice to feel like you are sitting a little higher as it sits fairly low at stock level comparatively.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Then I would definitely do the 245’s. They do look pretty sweet. I’ve posted some pictures as I’m sure you’ve seen many others as well. The side wall difference is noticeable. And it’s nice to feel like you are sitting a little higher as it sits fairly low at stock level comparatively.
It is pretty low compared to other SUVs in the same class.
How do you like the Falken at3's?

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
It is pretty low compared to other SUVs in the same class.
How do you like the Falken at3's?
It totally is I feel like. And I like them so far. I’ve seen that the tread wear is amazing, low road noise, the rock ejection has worked as advertised, on road handling is still pretty decent, off-road capabilities have been top notch, and the look of the sidewall alone sold me. Haha. I get about 26.0 MPG combined. That being said, I know there are 2-3 other brands out there that you would be just as happy with. But maybe not as aggressive of look. Like the Cooper Discoveries, etc.

BjB13

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
I stayed baby sized for the first set. After that if I lift her I’ll go bigger. Don’t really get to do much off roading. Just highway driving, country driving and some snow. I just absolutely hated the way the factory rubber looked.

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires? 5B874ECE-CB99-4F03-9640-9C03A9301570

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I stayed baby sized for the first set. After that if I lift her I’ll go bigger. Don’t really get to do much off roading. Just highway driving, country driving and some snow. I just absolutely hated the way the factory rubber looked.

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires? 5B874ECE-CB99-4F03-9640-9C03A9301570
Looks great! Love the Area 51 color and the deflector. I was on the fence about which style to go with. But both options look good. And I am right there with you on the off roading. Although I’m trying to get out there more.

BjB13

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
Looks great! Love the Area 51 color and the deflector. I was on the fence about which style to go with. But both options look good. And I am right there with you on the off roading. Although I’m trying to get out there more.
Same definitely interested in getting her dirty

Bronco(maybe?)

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Badlands owners. How tall of a tire have you fit? My stock pirellis measure around a 28” circumference. My question is how big are your upgraded tires in inches? Thanks

rowerc22

Big Bend
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco sport

Same! Even the tire place was like they should’ve come with these tires. Just got them today. I love it!
Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires? 28FBB254-EAA2-4CC9-8FB0-9811A3E5F3F7

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same! Even the tire place was like they should’ve come with these tires. Just got them today. I love it!
Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires? 28FBB254-EAA2-4CC9-8FB0-9811A3E5F3F7
Any head on shots? I'm curious as to how far they stick out, I'm looking to widen my stance a little.
Thanks!

rowerc22

Big Bend
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco sport
Any head on shots? I'm curious as to how far they stick out, I'm looking to widen my stance a little.
Thanks!
Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires? CA643B94-B255-44DB-91CC-C03A24EA0D7A

I took this after I got them on and washed. They don’t stick out really at all, I was hoping for more of that look too but they still make it look 100% better. I’ll try for another picture later today

LJR

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Wonder if original tires on OB have trade value. Expecting my OB early September.