Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires?

Lincolnwhiskey

Base
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thank you a ton!!! Looks like we will be going this route, coming from the Toyota Family but me and the Wife got the white Bronco couple days ago. Now the real fun begins with the mods and upgrade. Thanks again!
I did the toyo at3’s for reference on the stock rims . I was also able to finangle a steelie 17” rim with spare cheap tire in the back tire compartment. I can get you the eBay link for the rim if you want it’s the same backspacing. Called “pacer fwd steel rim 5x108 bolt pattern “ 17x7
Sponsored

MuddyBoots

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I did not wrap her handles. They are shadow black.

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires? 2A81FC61-366D-43D0-9A6F-67B86DE16F39
I love the cursive Bronco emblem. Where did you get it? I think it would look great on the side just past the gray vertical piece that's in front of the front doors (I have no idea what that thing is called, but hopefully you know what I mean).

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
What's your problem with back tires?
I went with 245/70R17 Toyo AT3 on my FE. I have small rub on the pinch weld on the rear of the front wheel well but I will be cutting and re-welding that soon.
I wanted to put LT255/75R17 K02 but it did not fit at all. The biggest factor in my tire choice was not putting an 8 or 10 ply tire on this light vehicle. I was looking at all options 4 and 6 ply. I cannot believe Ford is using the wild peak as an upgrade in tire... blah.
What's your problem with back tires?

Shempy

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Looks good. What kind of tires and size are they?

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Ive got a pretty solid rule of not replacing brand new tires with brand new tires.... this thread has me rethinking that rule

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Ive got a pretty solid rule of not replacing brand new tires with brand new tires.... this thread has me rethinking that rule
I would have gone with the Falkens if I did a factory order. While I really like the look of a slightly wider and more aggressive AT tire on the BS im just not sure it’s worth it considering I’ll be on the road most of the time. Anything wider and with a more aggressive tread is going to drop MPG and increase noise.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I would have gone with the Falkens if I did a factory order. While I really like the look of a slightly wider and more aggressive AT tire on the BS im just not sure it’s worth it considering I’ll be on the road most of the time. Anything wider and with a more aggressive tread is going to drop MPG and increase noise.
Oh i understand that reasoning for certain... but in the event you find yourself offroad, tires play a huge role... there are several tires that are a nore offroad capable that have little impact on mpg, noise etc. ... might be worth looking into some at comparisons in your case for something that gets the best of both worlds....

BjB13

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
My initial test drive was with factory tires. Every other mile was with the swap. I don’t notice much if any difference in road noise and my mpg has been as expected. I did only drive a few miles on the test ride and that was over 5000 miles ago though lol

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
What’s the biggest tire size that can safely fit on the BL 17” rims? I’ve been wanting to upgrade to some 245/65s but I’m also trying to stay married and 2k on wheels/tires might just end that ?.
245/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W’s. Overall, pretty satisfied. Typical drawbacks of AT tires. Let me know if you have any questions.

Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires? 403263DF-D907-4FFF-BA72-8D910FE6DFC8
Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires? 7AE5FB4F-030F-435A-9A56-E48F87EE3EF5
Ford Bronco Sport Has anyone kept stock rims but upgraded tires? 8C881053-2E67-473A-926F-ECC2D14F7B8C

mooner44

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Haha. Makes sense. The stock tires are pretty garbage though. My plan was to eventually buy another set of cheaper wheels and just run the stock tires off season or in between. So as to not waste them. It got me rethinking as well and I caved. ? Glad I did.
Sponsored