Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport
Ah thanks for the photos, wonder if there was a design change since they made the instructions. I think I could get them clamping that pinch weld with minimal modifications. They really just have to take the point loads and scrapes, the rocker panel is plenty strong.
Sponsored

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Team:

Thanks for all the information. I purchased the Go Rhino Rock Sliders that you guys referenced and think I can put them on.

I installed my spacers (stop laughing, first time I modded a car). That was admittedly almost idiot proof. This installation looks very straightforward, overall....

I am running into one concern. Does anyone know what this wire is?
Ford Bronco Sport Go Rhino rock sliders installed on my Bronco Sport 1676056019456

Assuming I'm reading the instructions right, this thing is in the way. Looks like I can loosen the screw move the wire. Do the install and put it back, but before I start playing with my brakes or something, I would like to understand it.

Looks like it is only on the drivers side around the back tire.

Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated.

RR

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I am running into one concern. Does anyone know what this wire is?
That appears to be a ground wire. All electrical devices need a connection to power and to ground. Since the battery's negative terminal is grounded to the chassis manufacturers often ground electrical devices directly to the chassis as well. The chassis itself returns the electrons to the battery's negative side. There shouldn't be any worries with disconnecting it during your slider install. If you're worried about damaging any of the electrical components using it just disconnect your battery first.

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victorsen (or anyone else with this installation):

I just had the dealership aftermarket guys attempt the install and they said that the parts were "too short." I don't think I'm buying, but wanted to see if anyone has installed this on a 23 Badlands.

Note: Called Go Rhino and they confirmed that they had one in the shop and it worked fine, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Much thanks,

RR

Last edited:

OP
OP
Victorsen

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Victorsen (or anyone else with this installation):

I just had the dealership aftermarket guys attempt the install and they said that the parts were "too short." I don't think I'm buying, but wanted to see if anyone has installed this on a 23 Badlands.

Note: Called Go Rhino and they confirmed that they had one in the shop and it worked fine, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Much thanks,

RR
Did you get this part number Go Rhino Dominator Rock Sliders
Color/StyleTextured Black
Vehicle2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Submodel4-door, SUV
AutoAnything SKU8322388
Part NumberDSS4029T
Quantity1

If you did it fits that is what I have on mine . You have to get that part number from go rhino DSS4029t

OP
OP
Victorsen

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Also look at the jcr evap skid and rock slider install thread I have posted pics of what the underneath looks like with the go rhino sliders and jcr skid plates. The jcr skid plates have to be modified if you have the badlands irrespective of whether you get the sliders or not based on what I went through.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Not picking on you Rodney, just want to say that this is another example of why everyone should be capable of doing their own wrenching.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
You’re gonna high center with these by the looks of them. Looks like you lose like 2” of clearance. Hard to tell. Everyone takes potato pics

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Team:

Victorsen, Meanderthal, etc, much thanks for the support and suggestions.

Meanderthal, I don't disagree with you. This morning I went and looked at it before work (if I wanted to return it I had to do it by Friday). The rear bracket mount/instructions didn't look like it would work in the space the way the instructions suggested. I have the Woolworth Lift (don't know if this has any impact on the slider install or not), but since it wasn't working the way I wanted it to work, I decided to just return it for now (hefty restock penalty).

I think I'm going to pivot to the JCR rockers and setup. What I get back on the Go Rhino step will effectively cover the slider by itself.

Again, thanks for everyone's help.

Happy Trails...

RR

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Team:

Victorsen, Meanderthal, etc, much thanks for the support and suggestions.

Meanderthal, I don't disagree with you. This morning I went and looked at it before work (if I wanted to return it I had to do it by Friday). The rear bracket mount/instructions didn't look like it would work in the space the way the instructions suggested. I have the Woolworth Lift (don't know if this has any impact on the slider install or not), but since it wasn't working the way I wanted it to work, I decided to just return it for now (hefty restock penalty).

I think I'm going to pivot to the JCR rockers and setup. What I get back on the Go Rhino step will effectively cover the slider by itself.

Again, thanks for everyone's help.

Happy Trails...

RR
Unfortunately with a Badlands I do not want to spend almost a grand with JCR and still have to hack up the bash plates to fit. That's my hold up on theirs. With that being said the Go Rhinos may be better than nothing. At least The bumper skid plate should work. But that one I think steel would be a better option. Probably get HRG's.

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winds of Change:

I'm so thankful for this site and for the incredible people on it!

So I called JCR about what modifications were required for the Badlands to the Bash Plates, and they said that JCR has not sent any of them out yet and they were not aware of any modifications outside of what was covered in the video for the Badlands.

The video doesn't seem to have any special references to modifications to the Badlands.

I think the "hack" referenced was regarding the Go Rhino rock sliders I was going to install (which I needed to return).

HRG's Bash Plate looks awesome too, but I appreciate how thorough JCR's solutions are.

Not putting down money yet, but likely will soon.

Thanks for everyone's input.

RR

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
After looking at this over many times. The Go Rhino looks to be below the pinch weld. It looks like the arm goes to the underside and bolts to a point in the unibody frame section. Is is not giving any more clearance than the JCR. And does it actually interact with the pinch weld? It seems not to.
Ford Bronco Sport Go Rhino rock sliders installed on my Bronco Sport 1678550956669

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
You’re gonna high center with these by the looks of them. Looks like you lose like 2” of clearance. Hard to tell. Everyone takes potato pics
I've rubbed the high center but never turtled with the jcr setup.
Sponsored