First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your pictures make it look like they sit bellow the pinch weld,
But this pic from the instructions makes it look like they clamp it
Ford Bronco Sport Go Rhino rock sliders installed on my Bronco Sport 8302C57D-C43B-4A3C-92E3-49FF8A57C626
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Your pictures make it look like they sit bellow the pinch weld,
But this pic from the instructions makes it look like they clamp it
This is why I asked for detailed information about how they mount. The website advertises "no drill." It appears they use a few holes in the bottom of the unibody that come that way from the factory but I only see two attach points. If that's the case what prevents the thing from bending in the middle?

OP
OP
Victorsen

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My mechanic installed it I wasnā€™t paying attention I will try to crawl under the vehicle and take some pics. But it is held well because I came down hard on them couple of times

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Following the PDF those round brackets bolt into existing holes on the underbody. Then bolt on the side step to those brackets. Looks like they are floating below the pinch welds. No drilling.

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Team:

One more question:
In the original post Victorsen stated "I am planning on getting the jcr sliders especially for the catalytic converter and Evap."

Is it right that he is saying the JCR Sliders are better than the Go Rhino ones he has?

Apologies for the Noob question.

RR

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
The JRC gas tank, engine, and cat skid plates can all installed independently. The JRC sliders require the floor and evap skid plates to also be installed. The evap and floor skids can also be installed without the sliders. I think he meant skid plates not sliders. The only potential downside of the JRC is having to drill into the pinch welds, BUT that allows the entire rock slider to be securely attached. The go rhino is a cheaper option but only attaches to the vehicle on either side of the slider leaving the center unsupported.

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Blue Oval Fan:
Thanks for the informaiton, so if you have a Badlands which has a skid plate, which I'm assuming is a "floor" skid plate, you would effectively have to get rid of that to get the JRC setup?

Again, apologies, for all the ignorant questions.

RR

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
This shot has it clamped, blue is bottom of the rocker pinch-weld, red is top of the bracket and presumably roughly the top of the slider. Weird angle, but the bolts seem to be right up against the pinch-weld​
Ford Bronco Sport Go Rhino rock sliders installed on my Bronco Sport 67E3A629-B54D-4477-9232-CB6B9F0BBCBE

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
The instructions seems extremely minimal, and donā€™t mention this

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
The instructions seems extremely minimal, and donā€™t mention this
If it clamps to the pinch weld it seems like it's only on the ends where the brackets are installed, the center is unsupported. But the rails seem beefy enough for a bronco sport. Yeah the directions are a bit crap.

Yes from everything I have gathered the JRC requires their evap and floor skids to attach the rock sliders. So you would need to remove the badlands factory evap skid.

OP
OP
Victorsen

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
If it clamps to the pinch weld it seems like it's only on the ends where the brackets are installed, the center is unsupported. But the rails seem beefy enough for a bronco sport. Yeah the directions are a bit crap.
yeah, it would be supported the whole length as far as a side on impact though. (turning or sliding into a trail side rock). Could probably add a couple clamps mid span. I like the idea of losing less than an inch of clearance, and no drill installation.

Fabricating whole sliders would be a bit too much for me, but Iā€™m thinking I could beef up the attachment on these if need be. I know the rocker panels are crazy strong, so really just looking to save the plastic and paint.

OP
OP
Victorsen

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
yeah, it would be supported the whole length as far as a side on impact though. (turning or sliding into a trail side rock). Could probably add a couple clamps mid span. I like the idea of losing less than an inch of clearance, and no drill installation.

Fabricating whole sliders would be a bit too much for me, but Iā€™m thinking I could beef up the attachment on these if need be. I know the rocker panels are crazy strong, so really just looking to save the plastic and paint.
Here is what it looks like underneath it seems pretty solid even though it is attached at 2 points

Ford Bronco Sport Go Rhino rock sliders installed on my Bronco Sport 4343E58A-9D6B-476B-9F25-C1EEDA1DE775

Ford Bronco Sport Go Rhino rock sliders installed on my Bronco Sport 860BBCEF-11D7-47FC-B37E-EA71DC3AB2FD

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I'm sure for the application they will be just fine. The BS is not a rock crawler. These will reduce the chances of body damage for sure. I personally wouldn't be smacking these things intentionally. I would be worried about the bolt/bracket failing before the slider itself bends. But having said that with only two mounting points and how it's attached, these seem to be more of a step than a slider.
Sponsored