Fuel Injector Recall Limited Kits

BronkoBoy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello All:
I went to my local Ford dealer to schedule the 22V859 fuel injector recall. The service manager asked me if I bought the vehicle at his dealership. I said no. His response was that he gets only 2 recall kits per week and that they are for vehicles bought at his dealership only!

Has anyone else experienced this? In my defense, when I bought my Bronco Sport I would have preferred to buy from his dealership, but they didn't have any. He was actually a bit rude about it. This is 2023. I can see a Ford dealership acting like this in 1960 when they had 25% market share, but times have changed. Very disappointing.
Sponsored

brynamic

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve heard of Jeep dealers doing this from time to time for some warranty related work but I’ve never run into it first hand and not for a recall. I was in a similar situation last year when I bought my BS, I had to buy a couple hours away because my local dealer had no inventory and others nearby wouldn’t budge on their market adjustment crap.

I plan to reach out to my local dealer tomorrow to get this recall scheduled. I’ll be sure to report back if I have the same experience.

seoden88

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands
this is untrue. FCSD or ford service gets so many kits from the supplier. dealer can order however many they want from FCSD. the dealer will limit how many repairs they do a week and this is exactly what they are doing. keeps from tying up their service department from making lengthy repairs.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Tell the dealer that Ford recalls and Ford warranty's are honored at any Ford dealership. If he/she continues to act that way, speak with the owner, or better, ask for the regional service rep's phone number. They have to give it to you.

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Tell the dealer that Ford recalls and Ford warranty's are honored at any Ford dealership. If he/she continues to act that way, speak with the owner, or better, ask for the regional service rep's phone number. They have to give it to you.
Exactly! Any dealership MUST fulfill warrantee issues, including recalls...regardless if you bought the vehicle there or not. (as long as its still under warrantee, of course)

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I had an appointment over a month ago for this recall. That came and went, still waiting on parts.

Last edited:

Tmbrowning

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve been waiting over a month for my dealer to receive the necessary parts….

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
So, can we just wait until the injector(s) leak (if ever at all), or are we supposed to have them changed?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Exactly! Any dealership MUST fulfill warrantee issues, including recalls...regardless if you bought the vehicle there or not. (as long as its still under warrantee, of course)
This is true, but a dealership is free to schedule work as it sees fit. I understand why a dealership would schedule customers who purchased from them ahead of others. But it makes no sense--and is probably a breach of contract between Ford and a dealership--that any would flat-out deny recall work altogether for customers who purchased vehicles elsewhere. I suspect the service manager is not accurately conveying what (s)he means.

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My dealership said they only get 2 kits but are supposed to be getting 6 per week. Theyvsaid they'll all me when I'm reached...lol

moodythree25

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for my BS BB
My dealer said that they are only getting 3-4 kits every 2 weeks and their waiting list has a couple hundred cars on it. I cannot express how disappointing this process is. After my car getting stranded in Mexico waiting on a chip for nearly 6 months and now this! I can say with certainty that I won't be looking at Fords when I'm looking for a new car.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The dealer I talked to at the start of the year said they'd take a while to come in. I moved out to the boonies and the local dealership got me squared away the following week.

Wazzat

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
So, can we just wait until the injector(s) leak (if ever at all), or are we supposed to have them changed?
Recall isn’t on the injectors…It’s on if they leak, where does the fuel go???

Sleddog

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Cactus Grey.
Drains here. Left front wheel well. This is part of what the recall installs. A drain tube.
Ford Bronco Sport Fuel Injector Recall Limited Kits img_6145-jpe

GHBJr

Outer Banks
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My 2021 BS OB had 21C31 (front brake pads) and 22S73 (Drain Tube and PCM programming) along with bad drivers buckle replacement done this week at the dealer I ordered our BS from. Parts were ordered by dealer 2/15/2023.
Sponsored