Front or Rear Brakes Recall?

Deleted member 6309

Where is our FoMoCo rep when we need him? He has popped into many of these threads, asking for a VIN and offering to help out the person who posted the concern. Wouldn’t it be nice if he went to bat for us all right now, brought these concerns to the top brass, and allowed people to take delivery of their cars (despite the recall) after so many months of waiting. Although there are innumerable variables that the manufacturer and the dealers cannot control at this time, this particular issue seems to be one that they can control.
Yes! Thank you!!
I've called Ford Customer Service so many times I've lost track and not a single person has been able to help me. They don't have "supervisors" and they're all kind of a bit clueless.
Our BRAND NEW babies are sitting on their lots, rotting right now bc of the exact same recall that every other BS built in 2021 has and is currently being SAFELY driven around in. Ford DID NOT issue a stop/drive for this recall.
A REAL Ford representative with information would be amazing.
My dealership won't even return my calls at this point for my 100% fully paid for BS.
Sponsored

Deleted member 6309

Where is our FoMoCo rep when we need him? He has popped into many of these threads, asking for a VIN and offering to help out the person who posted the concern. Wouldn’t it be nice if he went to bat for us all right now, brought these concerns to the top brass, and allowed people to take delivery of their cars (despite the recall) after so many months of waiting. Although there are innumerable variables that the manufacturer and the dealers cannot control at this time, this particular issue seems to be one that they can control.
Do you think we should start a new thread? Would that maybe get the FoMoCo's attention??

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Received my letter from Ford about a week ago. Compliance recall notice 21C31/NHTSA recall 21V922.

Says NOTHING about front or rear pads. Only mentions brake vacuum booster failing. Wait for Ford to contact me when parts are available.

Deleted member 6309

Received my letter from Ford about a week ago. Compliance recall notice 21C31/NHTSA recall 21V922.

Says NOTHING about front or rear pads. Only mentions brake vacuum booster failing. Wait for Ford to contact me when parts are available.
You've taken delivery of your BS though, right? And the recall notice SPECIFICALLY says that Ford HAS NOT (it's underlined in the notice) issued a stop/drive and you can continue to drive your vehicle safely until your dealership contacts you to make an appointment for when the recalled parts arrive, correct?
Some of us aren't even allowed to drive our new babies (that we ordered and have been waiting many, many months for) off of the lot bc of the EXACT SAME recall. ?

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
You've taken delivery of your BS though, right? And the recall notice SPECIFICALLY says that Ford HAS NOT (it's underlined in the notice) issued a stop/drive and you can continue to drive your vehicle safely until your dealership contacts you to make an appointment for when the recalled parts arrive, correct?
Some of us aren't even allowed to drive our new babies (that we ordered and have been waiting many, many months for) off of the lot bc of the EXACT SAME recall. ?
Heide, thank you for starting a separate thread on this. Let's hope it generates some kind of action!

Deleted member 6309

Heide, thank you for starting a separate thread on this. Let's hope it generates some kind of action!
Thank you, Seebs!!!! Can you maybe comment on it? Bc we want our baby Broncos too!!!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Correct so the sports with Copilot 360 Assist+ option have an electric power brake booster are not affected. Only the ones with vacuum power brake booster are in the recall.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I see the plastic square in front grill which means Copilot 360 Assist+ which means electric power brake booster which means brake recall does not apply to that vehicle. So false information. Brake recall only applies to vacuum brake boosters not electric brake boosters.
It's also a Badlands interior and a Badlands badge on it, so it's a 2.0L EcoBoost with the electronic brake booster.

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yeah that guy with the Badlands is in here posting bad info.

As for Ford not letting us take our cars, there’s literally nothing they can do. It’s federal law. And the recall wasn’t even discovered/issued by Ford. It was the NHTSA. It sucks but there’s nothing to do but either wait or move on and get something else.

I just wish Ford would keep us posted on where they’re at in the remedy process.

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
As for Ford not letting us take our cars, there’s literally nothing they can do. It’s federal law. And the recall wasn’t even discovered/issued by Ford. It was the NHTSA. It sucks but there’s to do but either wait or move on and get something else.
^This

"Under 49 U.S.C. § 30112(a), it is illegal for anyone, including a manufacturer, distributor, dealer, or retailer to sell an item of equipment or vehicle that fails to comply with all applicable Federal motor vehicle safety standards."

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yeah that guy with the Badlands is in here posting bad info.
Not necessarily *But not necessarily on purpose. They might have been confused on which recall their dealer fixed (there are recalls for other than the brakes, but most posts about recalls here discuss the one about brakes), or their dealer might be playing fast and loose.

* It is bad info, but we don't know for sure if they KNOW they are posting bad info.

Last edited:

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
It's also a Badlands interior and a Badlands badge on it, so it's a 2.0L EcoBoost with the electronic brake booster.
Just want to clarify that being a Badlands does not automatically mean it is equipped with an electric brake booster. Not sure if that's what you meant.
Sponsored