SLJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport OB
Starting to hear reports of customer's not being able to pick up their new Sport when it arrives and dealer's holding them due to the recall. That would suck after waiting months.
Sponsored

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Starting to hear reports of customer's not being able to pick up their new Sport when it arrives and dealer's holding them due to the recall. That would suck after waiting months.
Per the recall, it only affects 12 2022s. Could possibly happen to those “lot rots” that were held for “chips”, that are now on the way to dealers now.

Haven’t seen anything about there being a “stop sale” order.

Last edited:

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I haven't received an alert, my BL was built late 2020/early 2021.

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
My wife got the notice via Ford pass ap on her phone about the brake pad recall.

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My 2021 just shipped this week. So yeah, now I have to wait another 4-5 months.

I am likely going to cut my losses and get a better car. Just waiting for it to show up to the dealership and for them to confirm I can’t take it until the recall is complete.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My 2021 just shipped this week. So yeah, now I have to wait another 4-5 months.

I am likely going to cut my losses and get a better car. Just waiting for it to show up to the dealership and for them to confirm I can’t take it until the recall is complete.
I wouldn't make any assumptions. I took delivery around Thanksgiving and my Bronco is unaffected by the recall (so far).

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wouldn't make any assumptions. I took delivery around Thanksgiving and my Bronco is unaffected by the recall (so far).
Mine isn’t. The recall is showing for mine in the ETIS, Ford Pass App and NHTSA. If they tell me I can’t take it, it’s time to move on to a more reputable brand.

Last edited:

kcomeaux87

Big Bend
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine isn’t. The recall is showing for mine in the ETIS, Ford Pass App and NHTSA. If they tell me I can’t take it, it’s time to move on to a more reputable brand.
I looked around this area and found a 2021 for sale at a dealership. Checked and it has the recall. Asked them about buying it and they are sailing
it. Says there is no stop sale with this recall.
Guess when mine arrives on the 10th I will see.

Last edited:

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I looked around this area and found a 2021 for sale at a dealership. Checked and it has the recall. Asked them about buying it and they are sailing
it. Says there is no stop sale with this recall.
Guess when mine arrives on the 10th I will see.
Your sales guy said the same thing right? Gives me a little bit of hope but man I’m worried. Guess it makes sense that they’re able to sell them if they lifted the stop ship at the plant and started getting the lot rots on the train. They didn’t do that for the FDM.

ScottyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just got the notification in my FordPass, as others noted it says front even though recall is for the back.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your sales guy said the same thing right? Gives me a little bit of hope but man I’m worried. Guess it makes sense that they’re able to sell them if they lifted the stop ship at the plant and started getting the lot rots on the train. They didn’t do that for the FDM.
There's nothing really wrong with the brakes; they have actually tested among the best in class in comparison testing. This recall is not because of brake performance under normal conditions, it only applies to brake performance in the event of a specific component failure or malfunction. Given that, I don't know why Ford would halt sales.

You can read specifics about the recall here.

HorseHog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
There's nothing really wrong with the brakes; they have actually tested among the best in class in comparison testing. This recall is not because of brake performance under normal conditions, it only applies to brake performance in the event of a specific component failure or malfunction. Given that, I don't know why Ford would halt sales.

You can read specifics about the recall here.
Because under federal law, new cars with open recalls are not able to be sold without being first repaired.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because under federal law, new cars with open recalls are not able to be sold without being first repaired.
If I'm not mistaken, although a recall is forthcoming it has not actually been enacted as yet. Ford has not worked out precisely with the NHTSA what the final remedy will be. I don't know what the rules are for this particular case.
Sponsored