tommy

Outer Banks
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford installed new front brake pads (per a recall) on my 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, now I can't keep my front rims clean because of disc pad dust and it makes an annoying noise right before I come to a complete stop. Anyone else? Sorry in advance if this issue has been brought up before and I missed it.
Sponsored

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ford installed new front brake pads (per a recall) on my 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, now I can't keep my front rims clean because of disc pad dust and it makes an annoying noise right before I come to a complete stop. Anyone else? Sorry in advance if this issue has been brought up before and I missed it.
Do you have Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+ which includes adaptive cruise control and lane centering?

OP
OP
tommy

tommy

Outer Banks
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Not sure if I have Co-Pilot Assist...I ordered it with the Equipment Group 300A whatever that means, 10 speakers/wireless charging ect. cruise control does not slow down for an upcoming vehicle which I think it should. To pour salt in the wounds it was delivered without NAV. I must plug my iPhone in to have that feature.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Not sure if I have Co-Pilot Assist...I ordered it with the Equipment Group 300A whatever that means, 10 speakers/wireless charging ect. cruise control does not slow down for an upcoming vehicle which I think it should. To pour salt in the wounds it was delivered without NAV. I must plug my iPhone in to have that feature.
Do your controls on the left side of the steering wheel look like this ?

Ford Bronco Sport Front brake recall IMG_4049

Last edited:

MGM

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Exact same outcome for mine also after my dealer serviced the recall. It is now nearly impossible to keep the front wheels clean of brake dust and the vehicle "creaks" before a complete stop. Had I known this I would have replaced the front pads myself with high quality ceramics.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
On my '23 OBX you had to have co-pilot assist 360+ to get navigation. Adaptive nav was the only nav available but only with the co-pilot assist option.

OP
OP
tommy

tommy

Outer Banks
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
No, my steering controls look different.

OP
OP
tommy

tommy

Outer Banks
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Like this…

OP
OP
tommy

tommy

Outer Banks
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
New to this forum, any mistakes are unintentional.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
No, see pic.
You do not have lane centering. You have lane keeping.

Lane centering is only available with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+

Lane centering along adaptive cruise control will give you a form of self driving.

Lane keeping will just bounce you back and forth trying to keep you in a marked lane.

The reason I asked, your vehicle has vacuum assist power brakes. Ford issued a recall because if the power brake assist were to fail, the driver may not be able to stop the vehicle in a predetermined distance. The front brake pads were changed out to offer additional friction when applying. The result is more brake dust.

Vehicles with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+ have an electric brake assist. Vehicles with this unit were never recalled for brake issues.

Last edited: