rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
You do not have lane centering. You have lane keeping.

Lane centering is only available with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+

Lane centering along adaptive cruise control will give you a form of self driving.

Lane keeping will just bounce you back and forth trying to keep you in a marked lane.

The reason I asked, your vehicle has vacuum assist power brakes. Ford issued a recall because if the power brake assist were to fail, the driver may not be able to stop the vehicle in a predetermined distance. The front brake pads were changed out to offer additional friction when applying. The result is more brake dust.

Vehicles with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+ have an electric brake assist. Vehicles with this unit were never recalled for brake issues.
and not much brake dust.
Sponsored

Steve M

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Bronco Sport
Ford installed new front brake pads (per a recall) on my 2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, now I can't keep my front rims clean because of disc pad dust and it makes an annoying noise right before I come to a complete stop. Anyone else? Sorry in advance if this issue has been brought up before and I missed it.
I have a 22 BB and while no recall, I can't for the life of me keep the front wheels clkean from brake dust. I have been told by this forum cheap pads and the only choices are to keep wasshin, change them when they wear out, or replace them with low dust ceramics now

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Not sure if I have Co-Pilot Assist...I ordered it with the Equipment Group 300A whatever that means, 10 speakers/wireless charging ect. cruise control does not slow down for an upcoming vehicle which I think it should. To pour salt in the wounds it was delivered without NAV. I must plug my iPhone in to have that feature.
You do have the Co-Pilot 360+ as evidenced by the little square centred under BRONCO on the front of your Sport.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You do not have lane centering. You have lane keeping.

Lane centering is only available with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+

Lane centering along adaptive cruise control will give you a form of self driving.

Lane keeping will just bounce you back and forth trying to keep you in a marked lane.

The reason I asked, your vehicle has vacuum assist power brakes. Ford issued a recall because if the power brake assist were to fail, the driver may not be able to stop the vehicle in a predetermined distance. The front brake pads were changed out to offer additional friction when applying. The result is more brake dust.

Vehicles with Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist+ have an electric brake assist. Vehicles with this unit were never recalled for brake issues.
He does have Co-Pilot 360+ as evidenced by the little square under BRONCO on the front of his Sport.

mdwheaton

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
To pour salt in the wounds it was delivered without NAV. I must plug my iPhone in to have that feature.
You're not missing anything. Ford NAV is utter garbage. Plug in your phone, or get a wireless adapter.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have a 22 BB and while no recall, I can't for the life of me keep the front wheels clkean from brake dust. I have been told by this forum cheap pads and the only choices are to keep wasshin, change them when they wear out, or replace them with low dust ceramics now
It's not a matter of quality, it's a matter of material. Ford switched to a higher-friction brake pad to meet a federal stopping distance requirement with a failed brake booster. Higher friction pads typically shed more material. It's a trade-off: you get much better brake performance at the cost of more brake dust.

Steve M

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray Bronco Sport
It's not a matter of quality, it's a matter of material. Ford switched to a higher-friction brake pad to meet a federal stopping distance requirement with a failed brake booster. Higher friction pads typically shed more material. It's a trade-off: you get much better brake performance at the cost of more brake dust.
Thanks for that clarification Mark S

OP
OP
tommy

tommy

Outer Banks
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thanks Mark, highly informative post. Off I go to get my disc pads replaced!

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
He does have Co-Pilot 360+ as evidenced by the little square under BRONCO on the front of his Sport.
Actually, he doesn’t. You don’t have to have Co-pilot 360+ to have that Little square. His steering wheel is the give away to not having adaptive cruise. One of the reasons I ordered a 23 was because I ordered my 22 without that and several other things I decided I wanted.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, he doesn’t. You don’t have to have Co-pilot 360+ to have that Little square. His steering wheel is the give away to not having adaptive cruise. One of the reasons I ordered a 23 was because I ordered my 22 without that and several other things I decided I wanted.
I don’t believe that is accurate. The square has always indicated 360+. Can you provide more explanation.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Went looking for my pictures, but apparently I’ve hidden them from myself. 🤦‍♀️ Having one of those Mondays.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I don’t believe that is accurate. The square has always indicated 360+. Can you provide more explanation.
I believe you're basing this assumption on @tommy's avatar photo. This appears to be a stock photo, not one of @tommy's actual vehicle. If this were @tommy's actual vehicle then your assumption would be correct, but he shared a photo of his actual steering wheel, which does not include controls for lane centering and adaptive cruise control. Both of these features are part of the 360+ package.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe you're basing this assumption on @tommy's avatar photo. This appears to be a stock photo, not one of @tommy's actual vehicle. If this were @tommy's actual vehicle then your assumption would be correct, but he shared a photo of his actual steering wheel, which does not include controls for lane centering and adaptive cruise control. Both of these features are part of the 360+ package.
Ah ha! I was puzzled by that! The little square indicates the BS is equipped with the 360+. Appreciate the clarification.
Sponsored