Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
I'm not as pessimistic about the life left of the ICE engine as some people are. It's not going away anytime soon
Not until they make it affordable to the average buyer.

RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Additionally, ICE's will not really start to go away until the infrastructure to support EV charging is built out much better across the US. Especially in rural areas. Additionally, who wants to "fill up" their EV and wait for 30 minutes to an hour? Just my experience going on a cross-country trip in my father's Tesla S.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
After my Bronco Sport was lost in production, I tried a Hybrid Maverick. It was a disaster and I sold it went back to the last normally-aspirated pickup I could buy, a new Nissan Frontier Pro4X. Almost $50K out-the-door and ~20MPG, but it is reliable without the hybrid issues and turbo worries.
Very happy to stay simple ICE.

Bluejaye

Heritage
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
I'm waiting for Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicles so I don't have to wait a half hour "filling up" like a battery requires.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm waiting for Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicles so I don't have to wait a half hour "filling up" like a battery requires.
If you can find a Hydrogen station. Infrastructure will be worse than the EV's for quite sometime.

Bluejaye

Heritage
First Name
Jaye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
If you can find a Hydrogen station. Infrastructure will be worse than the EV's for quite sometime.
No doubt, but I wasn't implying it was going to be any time soon. Just that people are waking up to the con job of "electric" vehicles when there are much better alternatives that didn't get the Democratic support that was shoved down our throats.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
No doubt, but I wasn't implying it was going to be any time soon. Just that people are waking up to the con job of "electric" vehicles when there are much better alternatives that didn't get the Democratic support that was shoved down our throats.
Absolutely.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I thunk it. I have no intention of buying an electric vehicle. If I did, I have the luxury of a garage to charge it overnight. Now picture the millions of vehicles parked curbside bumper to bumper in cities. How are they expected to charge their cars? And no I don't believe global warming is man made. Mars is also warming. Must be all those SUV's the Martians are driving.