Folding Headrests

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Thanks. these are the headrests I need. I got them here.

By the way, they were also stock in the 2021 models sold here.
Sponsored

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
M1PZ-78611A08-DEHeadrest - Cover And Pad$111.721$111.72M1PZ-78611A09-DB
I ordered these but be very careful with the part numbers - I got a digit off and ended up with two passenger side headrests (one front, one rear) and had to deal with return shipping and a restocking fee in order to return the front headrest and get the left rear folding.

For order of priority: don't really care about the engine cover (heard mixed things on whether it was a benefit and in more rural areas it created a nice spot for critters to nest under), at least the temperature display is driven by a chip and follows the chip shortage rationale (although I got the part with displays from a wrecked 21 BS BL on eBay and put it in my 23)...

...the folding headrest and rear camera deletes are inexcusable though. I'm putting both back in (headrests are easy, the effort for the rear camera washer is higher).

Oh, and it seems like trunk buttons may have been a limited time thing. My 23 BS BL has a trunk button in the front.
I agree completely taking out the camera washers what an asinine thing to do. I had them in my Ford Explorer, I thought what great idea at the time, never had a blurred rear view “ever”. No wiping with your finger as you walk by. Which I have to do in my Vehicle now. But hey I get silly “rain sensing wipers”

Rodrigo_V_U

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak
I ordered these but be very careful with the part numbers - I got a digit off and ended up with two passenger side headrests (one front, one rear) and had to deal with return shipping and a restocking fee in order to return the front headrest and get the left rear folding.

For order of priority: don't really care about the engine cover (heard mixed things on whether it was a benefit and in more rural areas it created a nice spot for critters to nest under), at least the temperature display is driven by a chip and follows the chip shortage rationale (although I got the part with displays from a wrecked 21 BS BL on eBay and put it in my 23)...

...the folding headrest and rear camera deletes are inexcusable though. I'm putting both back in (headrests are easy, the effort for the rear camera washer is higher).

Oh, and it seems like trunk buttons may have been a limited time thing. My 23 BS BL has a trunk button in the front.
Hi, I didn't know that the camera washer has been removed. Let's check it out next month when I trade the 22 for the 23 next month here in Brazil.

coopny

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL
Hi, I didn't know that the camera washer has been removed. Let's check it out next month when I trade the 22 for the 23 next month here in Brazil.
I don't have the order guide for Brazil, and it may vary. For example, in Canada all trim levels have an engine block heater, windshield wiper de-icer, and rain sensing wipers standard.

In the states the engine block heater is an option, and the windshield wiper de-icer and rain sensing wipers are only available on the Outer Banks trim (and not the higher trim of the Badlands).

Brazil may or may not still have the rear camera washer, but it was removed from all trims in the 23 model year in the states.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I don't have the order guide for Brazil, and it may vary. For example, in Canada all trim levels have an engine block heater, windshield wiper de-icer, and rain sensing wipers standard.

In the states the engine block heater is an option, and the windshield wiper de-icer and rain sensing wipers are only available on the Outer Banks trim (and not the higher trim of the Badlands).

Brazil may or may not still have the rear camera washer, but it was removed from all trims in the 23 model year in the states.
"the rear camera washer, but it was removed from all trims in the 23 model year in the states." Canada as well.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
"the rear camera washer, but it was removed from all trims in the 23 model year in the states." Canada as well.
The one option that my answer to this upset some folks, so I edited my answer. I had a way of washing the camera a different way.

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks! I also read your first post - I also have same color Cyber Orange BSBL, premium package LOL!

My wife wanted a "happy" color... and I admit it looks sharp! We got it I think 3rd week in January... might have come off the line together!

You order from dealer or online?
I just picked up my 2nd BS BL, both Cyber Orange....I wonder if they would fit the 2023 with Ebony/Roast? Was thoroughly ticked when I went to put the back seat down and the headrest wouldn't fold...GRRRR. Sure missed the folding ones in my 21.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I just picked up my 2nd BS BL, both Cyber Orange....I wonder if they would fit the 2023 with Ebony/Roast? Was thoroughly ticked when I went to put the back seat down and the headrest wouldn't fold...GRRRR. Sure missed the folding ones in my 21.
Yes they should fit your 2023

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
Why the hell would they get rid of the folding headrests? Literally one of the most convenient things I like about our BS.
$$.

There are other possibilities, but I'm not aware of Ford offering an explanation, so cost cutting is the best guess.

I got our dealer to get the folding head rests for us, but it took a bunch of phone calls to Ford and the dealer.

No one likes 'decontenting' but at the very least the mfrs could be up front about it -- not delete stuff and hope the buyer doesn't notice until after the sale.
Sponsored