Folding Headrests

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
Oh, awesome! So they match the Outer Banks leather? Perfect.
Yes, I was a bit worried and went back and forth with the Levittown Ford Parts advisor a couple of times on the phone (and shared my VIN) to be double sure they would match exactly and they did!
Sponsored

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Yes, I was a bit worried and went back and forth with the Levittown Ford Parts advisor and even shared my VIN to be double sure they would match exactly and they did
Thank you so much for finding them! Ordering now.

Also tagging @SeanMcNally since I know he was looking before.

Don@LRT

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Branco Sport
Already received and installed, took all of 5 minutes to pop the old ones out and install the new folding headrests, and they match the interior 100%
How do the old headrests come out? There seems to be no external release for them?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
How do the old headrests come out? There seems to be no external release for them?
Small button where they go into the seat top. Push button, pull headrest up, out them come!

Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 7BEC5B19-1DA6-40F2-AB0A-2568CCCA9FEE

Last edited:

SeanMcNally

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
So , the Head Rests don't fold down , but can be removed in a minute or two , what's the problem ? Or just move the seat forward a bit to fold the seats down . Sometimes I am in wonder of the things brought up here .

I hardly ever fold the seats down , I guess some here do , When I first did , I didn't know the Head Rests on my 21 OB folded , I just moved the one ( passenger ) seat a little forward & bam, the seat folded & moved the seat back where is was , a horrible experience , I wanted to trade the BS in because of it ---------Not !

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Whilst a convenience, I'm sure, at my diminutive height of 1/8" under 6 feet, I have yet to have the rear seat headrest contact the front - even with a full size Maglite molle'd to said front seatback. Ah well.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So , the Head Rests don't fold down , but can be removed in a minute or two , what's the problem ? Or just move the seat forward a bit to fold the seats down . Sometimes I am in wonder of the things brought up here .
I am glad forum is filled with minor complains vs my sport broke down towed to dealer no parts sits for two months type of issues.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I am glad forum is filled with minor complains vs my sport broke down towed to dealer no parts sits for two months type of issues.
What is the issue with your bronco ? Did not know that .

Ford Bronco Sport Folding Headrests 65F86CF7-DD3A-4D32-BE89-4096DD777E9A

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Iā€™m weirdly relieved to hear this because I traded my ā€™21 BB in for a ā€˜22 because I couldnā€™t resist the trade in value, and the ā€˜22 had the towing package I wanted. I just put the seats down for the first time yesterday and I thought I was going crazy.
Glad Iā€™m not going crazy, but the ā€˜22 has a bunch of bummers. No rubber seat backs standard, crappier start button, no temperature display, no engine cover, no folding headrests... At this point Iā€™m wondering what the next mild disappointment will be. (I really wish I wouldā€™ve looked closer when I was negotiatingā€¦ I wouldā€™ve made a bigger stink!)
You assumed the standard features would be the same, I don't blame you! The term in the industry for removing standard features is called "de-contenting". Seems like everyone is doing it. My issue is it should be clearly pointed out by both the manufacturer and the dealer if you are trading the same vehicle with the same trim level. Ford (and probably other manufacturers) publish a "what's new" guide online for dealers but not for consumers. It shows all additions or deletions year to year but not mid year changes. Salesperson may be reluctant to point everything missing as it doesn't help his negotiating position. Removing standard features while upping the MSRP is sure a bonus for the manufacturer but not the consumer!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

I hardly ever fold the seats down , I guess some here do , When I first did , I didn't know the Head Rests on my 21 OB folded , I just moved the one ( passenger ) seat a little forward & bam, the seat folded & moved the seat back where is was , a horrible experience , I wanted to trade the BS in because of it ---------Not !
The beat drums on...glad I am not a salesman or service department manager for the love of God.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Reactions: Jrl

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22

BS owners use their vehicle in a variety of ways.

Some never/rarely fold the rear seat.

Others fold it down regularly. For them, the folding headrests are important.

Without the folding head restraints, the existing basic ones must be removed (or the front seats moved forward which is less than ideal). Then there is no place to store them. At least our 25 year old RAV4 has 2 pairs of holes to stash them. The headrests in the BS must be placed on the floor.

In addition, there is the fact that buyers of the 2022 were not notified that they would not get the folding headrests. The 2021 had them, the only info available (at least in our dealership) was for the 2021, and even the 2022 online build tool did not mention them (front yes, but not rear).

It's bad enough that Ford (and other mfrs) removes features from cars, but not informing buyers is inexcusable.

I put in a request for the folding headrests with the sales manager at our dealer. I'll be surprised if we get them, but he hasn't said no -- just that they are not currently available.
Sponsored