First flat tire, actually an ok experience.

Dennis Kilbride

Big Bend
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I didn't time it, but it couldn't have taken more than 5 mins. Kudos to Ford for the full-size spare (Big Bend), the jack and handle are actually superb in design, the lift points clearly marked. The acorn two-piece nuts are still original but I had a 'biter' socket with just in case to guarantee I could get them off. Had a buddy way out in the boon docks with a flat on his truck and one of those acorn nuts failed to come off...cost him a pretty penny to get help out there.

Ford Bronco Sport First flat tire, actually an ok experience. DSC09441pm

Ford Bronco Sport First flat tire, actually an ok experience. 28251009314_fdd8afd067_o

Ford Bronco Sport First flat tire, actually an ok experience. 28947451095_750d6c666d_o
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I got a flat within the first couple weeks of having my BS and had the same experience. Quick and easy change with the supplied tools. However I also immediately bought a new wrench and socket to keep in the back for next time. I was hours from home and just wasn’t confident I was applying proper or adequate torque with the folding lug nut wrench.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Suggest you buy a set of these. Locking or non locking, black or chrome are available.

There are other brands also.

Ditch those P.O.S. factory lug nuts, especially if you are in a harsh winter area.

Ford Bronco Sport First flat tire, actually an ok experience. MCGARD LUG NUT LOCK KIT 84537

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
Suggest you buy a set of these. Locking or non locking, black or chrome are available.

Ditch those P.O.S. factory lug nuts, especially if you are in a harsh winter area.

Ford Bronco Sport First flat tire, actually an ok experience. MCGARD LUG NUT LOCK KIT 84537
I find most locks stick out farther than the stock lugs which I don't like. Do these? They look like they will.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yes they do. But if you ever have issues with the 2 piece lug nuts, you will be happy you have these.

I live in SoCal with no winter issues, but I had problems with the 2 piece one's on my 2 Ford Escapes.

Dealers using impact wrenches when rotating, etc. deformed some of them. A pain to get off.

Do some research, you may find shorter ones. Either way, they will be worth it.

Ford Bronco Sport First flat tire, actually an ok experience. 1

SnoopyBroncoSport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands

Link please. I'm going to replace mine when I do my winter tire change over.

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had the best luck with Dorman. You can go through their site and pick the exact size of head you want for the look you're after. Good stuff.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I had a lock nut on the wheels on my '69 F-250. Discount put it on so tight, I stripped it with my lug wrench trying to get it off. Discount hammered a socket over the lock and removed it easily. If that happened out in the woods, life would be hard.
Sponsored