Got a flat tire today. Replace the Pirelli or upgrade to new set?

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I know this question will be immediately met with upgrade responses, but asking anyway. I’m asking because my Badlands got a flat today, stock Pirellis, at 750 miles. So the tires are basically new. Had to change the tire on the highway this afternoon. Something tore through the center of the tread and by the time I saw the pressure dropping the tire was flat in a matter of seconds. Is it worth spending $200 on a new Pirelli or are these not worth it and just spring for a set of Toyo Open Country AT III and sell the four Pirellis on Craigslist? Will a 245/65/17 for on the spare rim or would you keep the Pirelli as the spare and just sell the 3 tires?
Sponsored

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you sell on Craigslist sell as a set of 4. If the tire shop will give you a credit, trade in 3 and keep 1 for the spare (if it fits). My thought is someone off Craigslist won’t buy 3. I have Toyo AT3 and love them.

OP
OP
Jmuns

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Will a 245 fit in the spare slot?

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Will a 245 fit in the spare slot?
Someone here has done it but they had to remove the foam pieces in the spare tire well.

OP
OP
Jmuns

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Someone here has done it but they had to remove the foam pieces in the spare tire well.
Thanks I just found that a couple minutes ago.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks I just found that a couple minutes ago.
Heads up, I think it depends on the tire. My Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 245/65R17 spare won't fit even without the foam pieces. It rests on the edges of the tire-shaped bowl formed into the body. It would probably fit if I took out the insulation matting, but I don't care to try.

Last edited:

Mario454

Big Bend
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I know this question will be immediately met with upgrade responses, but asking anyway. I’m asking because my Badlands got a flat today, stock Pirellis, at 750 miles. So the tires are basically new. Had to change the tire on the highway this afternoon. Something tore through the center of the tread and by the time I saw the pressure dropping the tire was flat in a matter of seconds. Is it worth spending $200 on a new Pirelli or are these not worth it and just spring for a set of Toyo Open Country AT III and sell the four Pirellis on Craigslist? Will a 245/65/17 for on the spare rim or would you keep the Pirelli as the spare and just sell the 3 tires?
The tires as far as I know have a 12k mile warranty through ford, if you’re not there yet maybe consider taking it to the dealer

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
The tires as far as I know have a 12k mile warranty through ford, if you’re not there yet maybe consider taking it to the dealer
Maybe for a manufacture's defect...I rather doubt for a road hazard/damage.

OP
OP
Jmuns

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Heads up, I think it depends on the tire. My Falken Wildpeak A/T3W 245/65R17 spare won't fit even without the foam pieces. It rests on the edges of the tire-shaped bowl formed into the body. It would probably fit if I took out the insulation matting, but I don't care to try.
Would drop right in. I just got mine in there perfectly by removing the insulation. Fits just like the 225 did.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Ford F350 Lariat
OP
OP
Jmuns

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
This is what they handed me that they found completely inside the tire.

Ford Bronco Sport Got a flat tire today. Replace the Pirelli or upgrade to new set? BDB2BC9F-8484-4992-B9C4-E3D8CB356B3B
Sponsored