Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I wonder what Ford is going to start using for the optional AT tires now, something tells me they're not going to use the new AT4W with that added weight.
Not unless testing reveals no significant impact on performance and fuel economy. If Falken was somehow able to design a heavier tire that DOESN'T impact performance and fuel economy then they have a gold mine.
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Last edited:

Summit

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BIGBEND & 2023 Bronco BADLANDS
It will be great to hear some reviews after someone has tried these on the BS.
We have been very happy with the AT Trails.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I’ve got 43k miles on my Toyo AT3’s so I will be due about the time these are finally released. I’ll probably put a set on when they come out in a couple months to try them out.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New Falken WildPeak A/T4W Detailed Comparison To A/T3W and A/T Trail - Which Tire Is Best?

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/new-wildpeak-at4w-detailed-comparison-at3w-and-trail-which-tire-best

Falken WildPeak A/T3W Tire Long-Term Test - What Makes These Tires So Popular?

https://www.torquenews.com/1083/falken-wildpeak-at3w-tire-long-term-test-what-makes-these-tires-so-popular
Note that the AT3/W review is based on 900 miles of driving between two different vehicles (assuming I understood the "Fast Fact" section). I would not classify this as a "long-term" test.

Note also the comparison article makes no mention of the new tire's weight gain and its possible impact on performance (acceleration & fuel economy).

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@Bamsi while we are looking forward to actual test results, the expectation would be better wet traction as well as snow traction in the next generation Wildpeak.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just picked up my BSBL with the with the 4s. Nice looking, only got them a couple hours ago!!

Ford Bronco Sport Falken introduces the NEW A/T4W 20240222_125101

Ford Bronco Sport Falken introduces the NEW A/T4W 20240222_125045
Please update us with a report on performance (acceleration/fuel economy), ride quality, and handling when you get a chance.

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport First Edition
EDITING….. oh Shit I can’t do it and really want the 245s .. sigh. Im so conflicted so please talk me in or out of the details below.

Resurfacing this thread. It’s go time. Currently running the AT3s at 235/65. Was hoping to go AT4 at 245 BUT the extra 10.8 lbs per tire is too much. Could I do it… sure bc I dont care about the loss of mpg, BUt I do care about stopping power and added stress on OEM components. Plus given the already low load, that 10.8 pds equates to like an added 172 lbs. Thats alot!

So how important is that 245 to me really?? Meh. Running a 235 in the AT4 is 7.1 lbs more and while not bigger; the design of the AT4 is bulkier already in sidewall looks and takes me down to 113 pounds of total overall GV added load.

So justifying my cause… buy the At4 but keep with 235 OEM size over the 245 means…

Saves initial $$
saves 3.7 lb weight per wheel
Saves overall GV load hit
Runs OEM size/keeping Ford happy with my 10 yr/100 wty
Allows for 60lbs of upgrades (roof rack, lights, etc)
Saves wear on OEM parts
Better braking power

if this ride were anything more than a 2.0 and Ford parts be a bit more reliable… I wouldve jumped at 245s but after researching, just cant and think the AT4s are an improved design over the AT3s.

Now, to make the purchase call. This decision has not been an easy one.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Bluebaru

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
EDITING….. oh Shit I can’t do it and really want the 245s .. sigh. Im so conflicted so please talk me in or out of the details below.

Resurfacing this thread. It’s go time. Currently running the AT3s at 235/65. Was hoping to go AT4 at 245 BUT the extra 10.8 lbs per tire is too much. Could I do it… sure bc I dont care about the loss of mpg, BUt I do care about stopping power and added stress on OEM components. Plus given the already low load, that 10.8 pds equates to like an added 172 lbs. Thats alot!

So how important is that 245 to me really?? Meh. Running a 235 in the AT4 is 7.1 lbs more and while not bigger; the design of the AT4 is bulkier already in sidewall looks and takes me down to 113 pounds of total overall GV added load.

So justifying my cause… buy the At4 but keep with 235 OEM size over the 245 means…

Saves initial $$
saves 3.7 lb weight per wheel
Saves overall GV load hit
Runs OEM size/keeping Ford happy with my 10 yr/100 wty
Allows for 60lbs of upgrades (roof rack, lights, etc)
Saves wear on OEM parts
Better braking power

if this ride were anything more than a 2.0 and Ford parts be a bit more reliable… I wouldve jumped at 245s but after researching, just cant and think the AT4s are an improved design over the AT3s.

Now, to make the purchase call. This decision has not been an easy one.
I will make a few assumptions. Deep down, you want 245/65's, you want a Rugged/Rugged looking tire, with a good reputation but not something above average weight.

Why haven't you seriously considered the Toyo Open Country AT3? It has an XL load rating, like the Falken AT4w and weigh 34lbs.

I will also point out tire weight does not affect how much load you can carry, as tires are un-sprung weight but both weight and diameter do affect acceleration and stopping distance. I personally chose the, 245/65/17, Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T's, at 39lbs, as my first set of tires and Nokian Outpost nAT's on lighter wheels, as my second, to try over the winter, and reduced the combined weight by 13.5lbs and see almost no difference, in gas mileage. Personally, I like the Mickeys better, as they are quieter and the ride is better than the 245/70/16 nAT's
Ford Bronco Sport Falken introduces the NEW A/T4W 1714415400749-ly

Last edited:

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
… I personally chose the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T's, at 39lbs, as my first set of tires and Nokian Outpost nAT's on lighter wheels, as my second, to try over the winter, and reduced the combined weight by 13.5lbs and see almost no difference, in gas mileage. Personally, I like the Mickeys better, as they are quieter and the ride is better.
Ford Bronco Sport Falken introduces the NEW A/T4W 1714415400749-ly
My 2nd choice are the MT BB for sure! I like that they’re also made is US. That said, what size Mickeys are you running. Yes Id like something agressive and briefly looked at Toyo’s and Nitto RG.

I could care less about up front costs or gas mileage but do have concerns about wear/tear on OEM components. Just need to make an informed decision without getting lost in the details… which I seem to be lol

Babybronc21

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update on Falken Wildpeak AT4. Only “certain sizes” are 3ply. Basically if it doesn’t say Duraspec or HD on the sidewall then it’s likely still 2ply.

I noted a pdf spec sheet on their website and emailed to confirm.

sharing in case others are like me in that if Im going to be adding that much weight the sidewalls best be 3 ply. Disappointed.

Ford Bronco Sport Falken introduces the NEW A/T4W IMG_6129

Ford Bronco Sport Falken introduces the NEW A/T4W IMG_6203
Sponsored