Driving in wind (no good)

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
I am a better driver than anyone i know.. its not me. Its the aerodynamics of the car. That stupid roof line doesnt help.. ford just designed it funny..all there suvs kinda drive like shit honestly..
wow. We’ve got a badass in the house.

suvs drive like crap in the wind.

Maybe it was an extremely gusty day.

whenever someone says “honestly” they are trying to push an agenda or an opinion.

maybe you need to switch vehicles, ya know, something you can handle.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Driving in NM a few days ago in a 30+ headwind, was getting ~20mpg at highway speeds. Driving back it was mostly a tailwind, and got over 30. Being a brick is both bad and good :D When turned sideways to the wind I could feel it pulling in gusts, but otherwise handled similarly to any other vehicle I have driven
But on a talent scale of 1-10 with 1 being a student driver and 10 being the best driver you've ever known...where would you rate yourself? Asking for a friend

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
wow. We’ve got a badass in the house.

suvs drive like crap in the wind.

Maybe it was an extremely gusty day.

whenever someone says “honestly” they are trying to push an agenda or an opinion.

maybe you need to switch vehicles, ya know, something you can handle.
🤣

Ford Bronco Sport Driving in wind (no good) 200 (1)

endrMinr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
But on a talent scale of 1-10 with 1 being a student driver and 10 being the best driver you've ever known...where would you rate yourself? Asking for a friend
Oh, maybe an 8 - I havent had any wrecks or tickets in many years. But I have picked up bad habits in Albquerque that I really have to pay attention to when I drive elsewhere...

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I gotta be honest, I’m a 10+. I should be driving for Red Bull right now but sadly Max has better connections and it’s all politics at the end of the day.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I’m just going to leave this here.

brianloch1974

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Does anyone else feel like the wind might just take your bs away. When im driving at higher speeds when windy this little sport sways everywhere. More than any vehicle i ever owned. Can almost compare to like a 2011 jeep grand cherokee my buddy had. But that was just jeep suspension i think. Any thoughts. Am i crazy
This is subjective. Unless there is a mechanical issue I say all is fine. I owned 2 Honda Elements from 2005-2010 and they reacted as a box in the wind should. The BS for all intents and purposes is a box also.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Other than the gas mileage gets murdered when its a headwind since its a moving brick but keeping stable I haven't had an issue. Used to drive both a Prius C and a Transit van for work though, both of those things blew all over the road.

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I am a better driver than anyone i know.. its not me. Its the aerodynamics of the car. That stupid roof line doesnt help.. ford just designed it funny..all there suvs kinda drive like shit honestly..
Just let your wife or mother drive on the windy days and the problem is solved.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Want good sidewind handling ?
Should’ve picked a Mustang.
I’ve been ‘In Da Wind’ with my sport.
Handled it fine but I was not
Driving at 75-80 mph,,,
Can I get a ‘Duh’
dont take my post wrong. I wasn’t complaining. I knew what I was getting into… I came from a stang LOL. It was squirrelly in AZ desert cross winds too. I knew this was a brick when I got it. I’ve driven stangs since 93.

it gets me places the stang never dreamed of.

saw a nice shiny beautiful Cobra today tho. Still makes me drool.