Goodland

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I bought by BSBL used a couple hours from where I live. The Ford dealer didn't have the door code on hand and the service department was closed, so I was told to stop at another dealer to get the code.
I went to my local dealership and they said they would charge me a diagnostic fee to get the code.
I'm not willing to drive 2+ hours to have the initial dealer do this for free, and I'm not really feeling like this is something I should have to pay for. Anyone have any other ideas? @Ford Motor Company, can you be of any help?
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I bought by BSBL used a couple hours from where I live. The Ford dealer didn't have the door code on hand and the service department was closed, so I was told to stop at another dealer to get the code.
I went to my local dealership and they said they would charge me a diagnostic fee to get the code.
I'm not willing to drive 2+ hours to have the initial dealer do this for free, and I'm not really feeling like this is something I should have to pay for. Anyone have any other ideas? @Ford Motor Company, can you be of any help?
try this

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/keys-and-locks/securicode-keyless-entry-keypad/how-do-i-find-the-keyless-entry-code-for-my-intelligent-access-key/

OP
OP
Goodland

Goodland

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Appreciate you both, thanks. I'll give it a shot after work. I should have known better than to trust the sales guy who said only a dealer could get the code.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
It's printed inside the lower fusebox in the passenger footwell. The 5 digit code on the security module.
I guess only the Ford service reps know how to read this.:crackup:

Interesting that a member was told that only a dealer could get the code.

Last edited:

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's printed inside the lower fusebox in the passenger footwell. The 5 digit code on the security module.
If this is true, I love you. I will check later today. I only got one key when I purchased mine and I haven't bothered to go get the second one so I can't retrieve the code with the 2-key method :cwl:

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Usually there is a card inside the Owners Manual with the code printed on it. Odd that it would be missing.
For a used vehicle I can see it being missing. It’s not something that people trading a car in would be worried about making sure is put back into the manual.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
For a used vehicle I can see it being missing. It’s not something that people trading a car in would be worried about making sure is put back into the manual.
Ahhh I read it three times before picking up on the word “used” …

GJarrett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco Sport, 2017 EcoBoost Mustang
I wonder if this will work for the new style keyless entry on 2024 models. It is a dealer installed option so there will be no code listed in the manual or under the passenger footwell.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
If this is true, I love you. I will check later today. I only got one key when I purchased mine and I haven't bothered to go get the second one so I can't retrieve the code with the 2-key method :cwl:
They put it in mine. Though I wish accessing this fusebox was easier overall. Pulling the panel is rough, getting it back is a chore.
Ford Bronco Sport Door code retrieval? IMG_20230723_145131096

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
I wonder if this will work for the new style keyless entry on 2024 models. It is a dealer installed option so there will be no code listed in the manual or under the passenger footwell.
Yes, the 2 key method for keypad retrieval works with the Dealer Installed keypad on the '24 Bronco Sport.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/list-the-deleted-items-from-the-21-to-23.9451/post-180161
The keypad is integral to the B-pillar and identical to the keypad on earlier models, not like the black stick-on keypad used on the Maverick and full size Broncos.
Ford Bronco Sport Door code retrieval? 2024 BS BL keypad DIO 20240115_140423

mikeyncc

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Usually there is a card inside the Owners Manual with the code printed on it. Odd that it would be missing.
Not anymore, my salesman called me with the code a day after the purchase.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I had the code card with the manual in both Sports I bought. I made sure to put the card with the manual when I traded the 2022 for my 2023. Some dealers ar just trying to make extra money.
Sponsored