First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Hello,
I have a 23 Bronco sport big bend.
I have been having some issues with a rattling noise coming from the front driver and passenger side doors. I notice it when driving at any speed, going over bumps, or when the music has bass in it. When it starts to rattle I can push my arm against the door and it helps but doesn’t take it away. It is not super loud but more annoying and irritating.
Also the back drive side door has started to rattle and when it push on the plastic where the widow button it seems loose and makes a similar noise.
I have takin it in twice to a dealership and they said they could not duplicate the noise and there was nothing they could do. The one dealer said to just turn my music up. And the other dealer said these cars are just cheaply made. I’m like great.

I don’t know if there is loose plastic or just the door panel vibrating but I notice it all the time. Please let me know if you have had similar issues and if you can fix it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DirtyLuke

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' BS BL, 18' Forester
Not normal. Definitely call your preferred dealer to check it out under warranty.

Campy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have the same thing in my passenger side front door, comes and goes and is super annoying. Took it to the dealer and unable o duplicate it.

OP
OP

Lauren

Big Bend
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Not normal. Definitely call your preferred dealer to check it out under warranty.
I did. I brought it in twice and they said they couldn’t duplicate it so they couldn’t do anything. I even showed them a video so I’m not crazy.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Hello,
I have been having some issues with a rattling noise coming from the front driver and passenger side doors. I notice it when driving at any speed, going over bumps, or when the music has bass in it. When it starts to rattle I can push my arm against the door and it helps but doesn’t take it away. It is not super loud but more annoying and irritating.
Also the back drive side door has started to rattle and when it push on the plastic where the widow button it seems loose and makes a similar noise.
I have takin it in twice to a dealership and they said they could not duplicate the noise and there was nothing they could do. The one dealer said to just turn my music up.

I don’t know if there is loose plastic or just the door panel vibrating but I notice it all the time. Please let me know if you have had similar issues and if you can fix it.
Check this seat belt adjustment. I had this rattling when I first got my Badlands, found the adjuster was between positions (Full up or down) and was driving me nuts. I put the adjuster in full up and it solved the rattle.

Full Up
Ford Bronco Sport Rattling sound in door panels up_no_chatter_resized

Full down
Ford Bronco Sport Rattling sound in door panels down_chatters_resized

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Hello,
I have takin it in twice to a dealership and they said they could not duplicate the noise and there was nothing they could do. The one dealer said to just turn my music up. And the other dealer said these cars are just cheaply made. I’m like great.

Hi, Lauren! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this rattle noise concern? Thank you!

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yes, rattling noise started ~2 months ago in my '22 Big Bend. It's on the passenger side of the car, sometimes seems like it is around the front door, sometimes seems like it is near the back hatch. The rattle usually starts when you hit ~40mph, then it rattles like an old vehicle that has been in an accident. It's very annoying. I have done lots of trouble shooting to no avail. At first I thought it was the wheel well liner and undercarriage liner. I've checked those out, nothing loose or missing. I also thought the rattle might be from the spare tire storage area and the position of the cover in relation to the side walls of the cargo area. Nope, everything securely aligned there. I have checked the the glove box, nothing loose or rattling around. I have adjusted the seat belts , no rattle from seat belt or seat belt height adjuster. I even checked all the plastic moulding around the wheel wells and lower edges of the vehicle to make sure they were secure. I can't figure out what the rattling noise is, but it certainly is extremely annoying! This shouldn't be happening on a vehicle that is less than 2 yrs old with 32K miles.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Yes, rattling noise started ~2 months ago in my '22 Big Bend. It's on the passenger side of the car, sometimes seems like it is around the front door, sometimes seems like it is near the back hatch. The rattle usually starts when you hit ~40mph, then it rattles like an old vehicle that has been in an accident. It's very annoying. I have done lots of trouble shooting to no avail. At first I thought it was the wheel well liner and undercarriage liner. I've checked those out, nothing loose or missing. I also thought the rattle might be from the spare tire storage area and the position of the cover in relation to the side walls of the cargo area. Nope, everything securely aligned there. I have checked the the glove box, nothing loose or rattling around. I have adjusted the seat belts , no rattle from seat belt or seat belt height adjuster. I even checked all the plastic moulding around the wheel wells and lower edges of the vehicle to make sure they were secure. I can't figure out what the rattling noise is, but it certainly is extremely annoying! This shouldn't be happening on a vehicle that is less than 2 yrs old with 32K miles.
Wow, sounds like you've check about everything. Might have to get someone to ride along and see it they can pin point the source.

Just for grin's, check the roof rails and antenna. Make sure the rear seats are latch in position.

Can't thing of anything else, best of luck...

mtbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB
I have the same issue. Mine has been at the dealer since 1/15 to fix the issue plus to get the TSB for the whaling brake sound fixed. They've taken apart everything, removed the bumper, trims, and other stuff and drivin it around trying to locate the issue. I've even told them it sounds like the heat shield hitting between the muffler and the body and they never want to listen to what you think it is. Thankfully, they had a loaner so i've been racking up the miles on that since then. Will definitely let you know what the issue was when they fix it.

OP
OP

Lauren

Big Bend
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
How did you get them to look that deeply into it?? Both times they said they couldn’t hear anything and gave it back to me.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
How did you get them to look that deeply into it?? Both times they said they couldn’t hear anything and gave it back to me.
Diagnosing noises based on customer descriptions is one of the most difficult things to do as a technician. The descriptive words people use for sounds are very subjective; the technician may be listening for something entirely different than what you reported.

The BEST way to diagnose a noise issue is to get the technician in the car with you. That way you can identify the noise you're hearing and have them acknowledge they hear it as well.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Make sure the passenger seatbelt connection point isn't rattling between the console and the seat. Every once in a while it knock up against the console and vibrate. I jut give it a change of position and the rattle goes away.

OP
OP

Lauren

Big Bend
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah I have had them take the car for the day or ride along but of course when he’s in the car with me it isn’t as loud. I recorded it when I was happening and showed them but I don’t think that was helpful.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yeah I have had them take the car for the day or ride along but of course when he’s in the car with me it isn’t as loud. I recorded it when I was happening and showed them but I don’t think that was helpful.
Try to find a pattern related to the noise. For example, some noises only occur when the interior is cold, or after it's been sitting in the sun for a time.

bstn rnr

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hello,

The rattling noise on mine ended up being the emergency brake cable. They replaced and rattle is gone. It had sounded like a heatshield rattle. There's a TSB for it.
Sponsored