Nickadeamus

Heritage
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Sport
I think it is funny that some people think you should not tow anything with a BS. I have not tow anything with my new BS yet, but will in a few weeks.

I had been towing my Polaris Sportsman 850 with my old 2020 Ford Escape for 3 years. I traded the Escape in for the Bronco Sport because I like the BS better, but it is almost the same vehicle. Plus they gave me a great deal for the Escape.

I don't have a pic of that other than this.
Ford Bronco Sport Does anyone actually pull a trailer 2021.10.11_850

And you can't see what is towing this. It was this 2020 Escape.

Ford Bronco Sport Does anyone actually pull a trailer 20200425_161231

I towed my ATV to ride trails around here. From 10 miles up to 40 miles from me. Up and down hill in the Appalachian mountains. Never had any problems. No problems with pulling or stopping. The only thing I was going to do was put new break shoes on(the shoes were still good, just lower than I like). But a Ford dealer called me, asked if I would like to trade in for something new, and here I am with a new BS.

I will get a few pics when I do tow it 24 mile from here on May 18th.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I traded the Escape in for the Bronco Sport because I like the BS better, but it is almost the same vehicle.
Depending on which trim Escape you traded, the tow rating can be quite different. For example, my Badlands is rated at the max tow capacity for the Bronco Sport line (2200 lbs) and the wife's 2020 Escape Titanium is rated at the max tow capacity for the Escape line (3500 lbs).

Nickadeamus

Heritage
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Sport
Depending on which trim Escape you traded, the tow rating can be quite different. For example, my Badlands is rated at the max tow capacity for the Bronco Sport line (2200 lbs) and the wife's 2020 Escape Titanium is rated at the max tow capacity for the Escape line (3500 lbs).
I think it was a 1.5 liter Ecoboost 3 cylinder. But I was only towing 2000 lbs. It is just, some people don't think you should tow anything because it is not body on frame, it has a small engine and the vehicle is not a bigger F150. But if you know what you are doing you can tow safely, even if you are towing with a motorcycle (and they do).

Plus I only go up to 40 miles from me and there are no highways around here (just 2 lane roads).

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I think it was a 1.5 liter Ecoboost 3 cylinder. But I was only towing 2000 lbs. It is just, some people don't think you should tow anything because it is not body on frame, it has a small engine and the vehicle is not a bigger F150. But if you know what you are doing you can tow safely, even if you are towing with a motorcycle (and they do).

Plus I only go up to 40 miles from me and there are no highways around here (just 2 lane roads).
You should be fine with 2000 lbs, assuming your Bronco Sport has the towing package. :thumbsup:

Nickadeamus

Heritage
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco Sport
This is my tow I do on weekends during the summer riding season. Most of the time it is a 10 mile pull from here. Twice a year it is 24 miles and I have a few rides in other places.

Ford Bronco Sport Does anyone actually pull a trailer 20240507_141639-2

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51