Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I was told and read that we have an almost 2K pound tow rating with the BS. Anyone actually pulling a small trailer? I have a small trailer that I have used to pull a riding lawnmower or golf cart to my sons house. I have an F150 for that, but wondered if anyone actually towed something with their BS.
Sponsored

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
I will occasionally pull a small 10' utility trailer with our BL, when it arrives. Nothing heavy -- similar to the items you discussed. There should be no capability issues with towing lawnmowers and other lightweight items.

Filling up the trailer with gravel or other dense, heavy items would be a bad idea, though.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Towed with it many times. Not an issue with the 2.0. Easily pulls 2k without blinking.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
I’ll post a thread about my towing. Yes I’ve towed with the badlands. 14 foot trailer. It did the job but not what I would want as my primary tow vehicle on a regular basis or loaded to the max. The trailer is wide.
Ford Bronco Sport Does anyone actually pull a trailer 59C94D05-815B-4F4A-94A0-A7F8644208E7

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The 1.5 does what I need it to do. This is my 2021 that I no longer own, but have a 2022 now just haven't towed yet with it but would be no different!

Ford Bronco Sport Does anyone actually pull a trailer 20220828_084717

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport

AC AL

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport
I pull a trailer with a 3passenger Seadoo to a lake about 150 miles away about 3 times a year. My Badlands does even know it’s there

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I pull a trailer with a 3passenger Seadoo to a lake about 150 miles away about 3 times a year. My Badlands does even know it’s there
Could almost pull that with a bicycle. I kinda did that with a john boat,6.5hp Evinrude, and camping gear when I was young. Me and my friend used a 4x4 fence post, two bicycle wheels with nails as the axles at the end of the 4x4 post, and placed the boat on the 4x4. A rope, and we pulled this arrangement around our waist to the lake

Saboga

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 Chevy 3100, 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I was told and read that we have an almost 2K pound tow rating with the BS. Anyone actually pulling a small trailer? I have a small trailer that I have used to pull a riding lawnmower or golf cart to my sons house. I have an F150 for that, but wondered if anyone actually towed something with their BS.
I've used my Badlands to tow my small 18' Airstream, and it tows just fine. The weight is right at the towing limit. The trailer has electric brakes, and I have a brake controller. Manufacturers are always conservative with their ratings, so I wouldn't worry as long as you don't go much over it.

For some reason, the BL with the 2.0 liter engine has the same tow rating as the smaller-engine models, even though the Maverick with essentially the same drive train is rated to tow up to 4,000 lbs. It must be the short wheelbase rather than any drive train limitations.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I've used my Badlands to tow my small 18' Airstream, and it tows just fine. The weight is right at the towing limit. The trailer has electric brakes, and I have a brake controller. Manufacturers are always conservative with their ratings, so I wouldn't worry as long as you don't go much over it.

For some reason, the BL with the 2.0 liter engine has the same tow rating as the smaller-engine models, even though the Maverick with essentially the same drive train is rated to tow up to 4,000 lbs. It must be the short wheelbase rather than any drive train limitations.
I completely forgot about frame and wheel base when considering towing. My 2004 F150 was rated better in towing than my current 2007 F150.

The difference? the 2004 was a 4x4. Stronger frame/suspension.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I believe my BL is rated for 2200 lbs. It turns out that you often hit the limit for towing due to cargo capacity of the vehicle rather than the pulling capacity. I believe my BL has 900 lbs. cargo capacity, so It isn't an issue for me. Trailers need 10% to 15% (of total trailer weigt) on the tongue to be stable. I tow my small utility hunting trailer just fine. I averaged about 25 miles per gallon while towing. The 2.0 pulls just fine.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I just got back from a 900 mile trip from Albuquerque to Bullfrog marina at Lake Powell. I was towing a 13' aluminum boat with a 20 h.p. outboard. At speeds of 70 or less I usually average 28 to 30 mph. With the boat behind me, I averaged 22.5 for the trip. It pulled just fine, with no noticable drag on the Badlands, but it sure killed the gas mileage. I've gotten about 25 mpg pulling my utility trailer. I suspect the utility trailer with a cap on it is more aerodynamic than an open boat.

Saboga

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1954 Chevy 3100, 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Towing my 18' Airstream at 70, I am only getting ~15 MPG, vs ~26 MPG normally. So far, we've made 3 trips of about 350 miles each, one way, so a total of about 1,000 miles. The vehicle tows just fine. No swaying or any hints that the trailer is too heavy. Still has plenty of power for passing. But it does use a lot more fuel.
Sponsored