Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The faux engine noises come on with the Normal, Sport, and other, offroad driving modes, with the 2.0L *and* the B&O sound system (so BL and FE with that add-on pkg.). The noises are responsive to throttle inputs and RPMs so that idling or cruising you wouldn't notice. (I'm beginning to wonder if some here really think the 2.0L really makes those noises on its own!...?) I was not aware that as some have said, they do not occur while the sound system is playing (other media), I will have to test this! (Maybe to get a little cabin quiet I can turn the radio on and the volume to zero...?)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I was not aware that as some have said, they do not occur while the sound system is playing (other media), I will have to test this! (Maybe to get a little cabin quiet I can turn the radio on and the volume to zero...?)
This is not the case with the Mustang Ecoboost. ESE functions whether the audio system is on or not. You can't change the ESE volume, but you can drown it out by turning up the volume on your music.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This is not the case with the Mustang Ecoboost. ESE functions whether the audio system is on or not. You can't change the ESE volume, but you can drown it out by turning up the volume on your music.
Well, I was thinking that MAY be what was meant by those saying it "doesn't work" with the media system playing...I'll still check it out w/mine.

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
OK… OK… I was wrong. 2022 Badlands here with B&O system. There has been some bad info in the thread about the sound. I was testing between sport and normal… hearing no difference. But comparing those two modes with Eco, it is now obvious! Thanks for the clarification.

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
A default mode option would be a nice touch.

If I had the option to set it up totally custom, I'd like to have the "eco" mode a counter-clockwise dial twist from my default of "normal", and a clockwise twist from "normal" would arrive at "sport" on the first click.

This is all very simple to implement at the software level, but automakers have little experience giving users configurable options... and have even less incentive to do so.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Seattle (basically) to Los Angeles in Normal Mode - 30+ mpg
Los Angeles to Seattle in Eco Mode - 27-28 mpg
Both ways on 87 octane.
I believe your results, but keep in mind if you start in Washington... you guys have like 2% ethanol at the pumps, it's practically clear gas. Down here in Oregon we have about 10% and same in CA or maybe even more dilution at the pumps for summer. I'm guessing you went to about Grants Pass and filled up (Oregon gas). Then maybe in Stockton, CA, Los Angeles and Redding (CA gas). You should have had better mileage heading south just on fuel quality for that first bit. It's also pretty much downhill overall from Shasta and Lassen to LA and uphill going back.

It would be interesting to see the same car do it in both modes to see what we could get.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A default mode option would be a nice touch.

If I had the option to set it up totally custom, I'd like to have the "eco" mode a counter-clockwise dial twist from my default of "normal", and a clockwise twist from "normal" would arrive at "sport" on the first click.

This is all very simple to implement at the software level, but automakers have little experience giving users configurable options... and have even less incentive to do so.
That’s how the Lexus is. ECO to the left, sport to the right. Stays where ever you left it.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
It's there and is a well-documented thing Ford does to some of their vehicles. I know for certain the Fusions with the 2.0L and 3.5L Ecoboost do it, the Focus ST (maybe the RS) does it, F-150, even the Mach-E does it.

Try it out! Turn off the radio and A/C, close your windows and mash the gas while in Normal. Then do it in Sport mode. Magically, the 4-pot sounds like well-tuned V8.
The Explorer ST does it as well, the sounds are hilarious.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I believe your results, but keep in mind if you start in Washington... you guys have like 2% ethanol at the pumps, it's practically clear gas. Down here in Oregon we have about 10% and same in CA or maybe even more dilution at the pumps for summer. I'm guessing you went to about Grants Pass and filled up (Oregon gas). Then maybe in Stockton, CA, Los Angeles and Redding (CA gas). You should have had better mileage heading south just on fuel quality for that first bit. It's also pretty much downhill overall from Shasta and Lassen to LA and uphill going back.

It would be interesting to see the same car do it in both modes to see what we could get.
I actually went straight (relatively) down I5. My fuel points were indeed Silverdale, WA, Roseburg, OR and Woodland, CA. Heading South I hit all Costco stations and used 87 octane. Grant’s Pass, at just under 1000ft, was the least of the elevations with Siskiyou Pass and Tejon Pass (The Grapevine) both over 4000ft. It is a very up and down route, with the northbound having a higher angle of elevation. Next trip I’ll try Eco southbound and Standard northbound for comparison.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank heavens for that link. Finally, a source for those who said it didn't exist.
Well,…..for us with non premium packages, it doesn’t! :cool:

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Your take is interesting. I assumed Eco would provide the most benefit in stop and go traffic versus open road. On an open road your car will naturally sit in 7/8th gear, negating Eco's 'economical' shift points and starting in 2nd gear versus 1st.
I believe cylinder deactivation occurs in Eco mode, which would explain why I get very good highway gas mileage.
Sponsored