AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Went to start my BS and the dash began cycling through error messages, warning lights on and it wouldn’t start. This went on for about 15 minutes. I tried opening and closing the door, nothing worked. Finally, it seemed to fix itself, the Bronco rolling rocks appeared and the car started and ran like normal. Took it to the dealer today, they said it had over 20 error codes, and they have contacted Ford engineering for assistance with the fix. Obviously a software issue, just wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen?
Sponsored

Bigridge83

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Bronco Sport,’18 Ford Fiesta,’92 Ford Explorer
My parents have a 2020 explorer that had a similar issue. All the warning lights on, random messages, wouldn’t start. Finally started and the dealer said the battery was bad. They replaced it and it hasn’t done it since

OP
OP

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
My parents have a 2020 explorer that had a similar issue. All the warning lights on, random messages, wouldn’t start. Finally started and the dealer said the battery was bad. They replaced it and it hasn’t done it since
Hope it’s something quick and easy like this

Trailrunner916

Badlands
First Name
Celia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Went to start my BS and the dash began cycling through error messages, warning lights on and it wouldn’t start. This went on for about 15 minutes. I tried opening and closing the door, nothing worked. Finally, it seemed to fix itself, the Bronco rolling rocks appeared and the car started and ran like normal. Took it to the dealer today, they said it had over 20 error codes, and they have contacted Ford engineering for assistance with the fix. Obviously a software issue, just wondering if anyone else has had something like this happen?
Yes mine did that shortly after getting it. It hasn’t done it since over 2 months ago. Maybe I should take it in.

OP
OP

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Yes mine did that shortly after getting it. It hasn’t done it since over 2 months ago. Maybe I should take it in.
Mine is the OB+OB w/360+ if that makes any difference. The dealer called me yesterday and they are working with Ford to figure out what the issue is. Could be software or electrical, or both. Mine ran fine afterward, but I was worried about it happening in the future and leaving me stranded.

Trailrunner916

Badlands
First Name
Celia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine is the OB+OB w/360+ if that makes any difference. The dealer called me yesterday and they are working with Ford to figure out what the issue is. Could be software or electrical, or both. Mine ran fine afterward, but I was worried about it happening in the future and leaving me stranded.
I gave the BL with the 360+. I also have issues with the radio when it is playing on the serious channels where it will cut out for a second and then come back on blast for like a second and then go back to normal volume. I am worried that it may do it again and leave me stranded somewhere which would suck. But then I’m also worried that the Ford tech in my area Will plug it in the computer say nope not doing it can’t find it and send me on my way being a complete waste of time.

OP
OP

AWallace151

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I gave the BL with the 360+. I also have issues with the radio when it is playing on the serious channels where it will cut out for a second and then come back on blast for like a second and then go back to normal volume. I am worried that it may do it again and leave me stranded somewhere which would suck. But then I’m also worried that the Ford tech in my area Will plug it in the computer say nope not doing it can’t find it and send me on my way being a complete waste of time.
The codes will be in the computer history. They can’t really white wash that part. It’s under warranty, might as well have them check it out.

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
Oh wow! I hope Igor didn't put one of those A-B Normal brains in my Bronco. We are in a new age when it comes to modern cars. Waiting for the day they become self aware.

Westmb3

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes it lit up like a Christmas Tree... happened once in 15000 miles... see lit up thread.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
This happened to me this morning, Big Bend. I pressed brake and start button just as the door was closing. I assume since the door wasn't fully closed yet, that caused the cycling through the warning messages. Waited about 10 seconds then started it. Seems ok. I'll keep an eye on it. Going for an oil change soon, will have them check codes.
Sponsored