Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Just had the same thing happen to my wife's OB. I took her car to run some errands, I had made several stops, on the last stop, I parked and locked it, when I came out, it was already unlocked, when I got in and pushed the start button, it did not start and all I got was every warning message on the dash. The lights were on, I couldn't lock or unlock any of the doors or hatch, the radio was on, the heater fan was running and the shift selector was locked. The dash display kept scrolling through all the warning messages, this went on for about 20-30 min. Finally, I got a message telling me to push the stop button to turn off the accessories to save the battery. When I did the everything returned to normal and I was able to start the car. I drove directly to the Ford dealer and naturally they couldn't find anything wrong with it and said no error codes were stored. Only 2800 miles on the clock, how can I send my wife out in this vehicle and not worry it will happen again and strand her? Ford, if you are listening, you need to address these problems, it looks like I'm not the only one!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Just had the same thing happen to my wife's OB. I took her car to run some errands, I had made several stops, on the last stop, I parked and locked it, when I came out, it was already unlocked, when I got in and pushed the start button, it did not start and all I got was every warning message on the dash. The lights were on, I couldn't lock or unlock any of the doors or hatch, the radio was on, the heater fan was running and the shift selector was locked. The dash display kept scrolling through all the warning messages, this went on for about 20-30 min. Finally, I got a message telling me to push the stop button to turn off the accessories to save the battery. When I did the everything returned to normal and I was able to start the car. I drove directly to the Ford dealer and naturally they couldn't find anything wrong with it and said no error codes were stored. Only 2800 miles on the clock, how can I send my wife out in this vehicle and not worry it will happen again and strand her? Ford, if you are listening, you need to address these problems, it looks like I'm not the only one!
Hi there! This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd like to look into this on my end.

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Just had the same issue on mine. Pumped gas then got back in the car and tried to start it and a bunch of faults popped up on the dash. Luckily I was able to start the car quickly by just cycling on/off the ignition. 5k miles on my car..

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I had the same problem with my '22 Maverick starting in October. First time all the dash lights came on at 400 miles. Dealer had not seen a Maverick before and tried to correct the issue. Cleared all the codes and I was on my way. Same thing happened at 1800 miles when I was 150 miles from home. Dealer had a tech look at the truck and thought it might be crossed wires but he needed me to leave the truck for a few days to do a more thorough analysis. Said if it happened again to turn the vehicle off and restart and he assured me it would not be dangerous to drive.
At 2500 miles I sold the truck to VROOM and purchased a '22 BB. Still had the Maverick on my Ford Pass App. I noticed after the truck was picked up all the codes went off again. Hopefully the issue was addressed and corrected.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Just had the same issue on mine. Pumped gas then got back in the car and tried to start it and a bunch of faults popped up on the dash. Luckily I was able to start the car quickly by just cycling on/off the ignition. 5k miles on my car..
Hello!
Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer.
I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern on your Bronco. Thanks!

Bex

Badlands
First Name
Bex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
This just happened to me to on my brand new 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands. Freaked me out! It was like a computer virus displaying multiple warnings and lighting up and locking the car in park with out being able to start it. Had to step in and out of vehicle with key and open shut door to get it to go through a key cycle, then it just reset and acted normal. A few weeks prior the wrench light came on and dealer said I needed a new shift control knob. But part is on backorder. Said I could drive it. Then this happened. It is at dealer now going on day 2. If this keeps up, I am going back to Toyota. Never had any issues with them!

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
This just happened to me to on my brand new 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands. Freaked me out! It was like a computer virus displaying multiple warnings and lighting up and locking the car in park with out being able to start it. Had to step in and out of vehicle with key and open shut door to get it to go through a key cycle, then it just reset and acted normal. A few weeks prior the wrench light came on and dealer said I needed a new shift control knob. But part is on backorder. Said I could drive it. Then this happened. It is at dealer now going on day 2. If this keeps up, I am going back to Toyota. Never had any issues with them!
while I understand the concern, Toyota currently has a recall out covering 460,000 vehicles (including RAV4s) so

lemsip

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I experienced this today. The shifter dial was flashing on P. The brake felt like something was stopping my from pressing it when I tried to start. The dash was cycling through about ten error messages. I got out of the car and got back in and it started normally.

Has anyone got an explanation of what is happening or has anyone experienced it more than once? I’m struggling to get used to the dial and push button start and this doesn’t make me feel confident.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I experienced this today. The shifter dial was flashing on P. The brake felt like something was stopping my from pressing it when I tried to start. The dash was cycling through about ten error messages. I got out of the car and got back in and it started normally.

Has anyone got an explanation of what is happening or has anyone experienced it more than once? I’m struggling to get used to the dial and push button start and this doesn’t make me feel confident.
Hey there! I can look into your Bronco's error message concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

Bex

Badlands
First Name
Bex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
while I understand the concern, Toyota currently has a recall out covering 460,000 vehicles (including RAV4s) so
But at least they have a recall. Ford has yet to provide a satisfactory reason or solution to the issue.

Lorienc

Outer Banks
First Name
Lorie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco outer banks
I had the exact same thing happen today. Multiple errors flashing, power with no engine. I called my dealership and they helped me find the reboot for the computer and got me going. Still brought in to be looked at.

Bex

Badlands
First Name
Bex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Let me know if they give you any definitive answer.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I had the exact same thing happen today. Multiple errors flashing, power with no engine. I called my dealership and they helped me find the reboot for the computer and got me going. Still brought in to be looked at.
Would be nice if you could post the reboot procedure here.

Lorienc

Outer Banks
First Name
Lorie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco outer banks
Reboot procedure: put parking break on, press gas pedal all the way down and press start button. Wait a couple of minutes and try starting again.
BTW: celluloid switch needed to be replaced.
Sponsored