Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
The amount of energy required to generate the electricity for the current grid is outrageous. California is determined to destroy the grid with EVs. Then when the the batteries can no longer hold a charge, there is no way to recycle them and there they go to the landfill. Definitely not Green for anybody.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Checks notes...*enough crude on US reserve for 400 years at current consumption.
Bottom line...$$$$ government elites have portfolios to fill out.
Hahahaha yeah if anyone really believes that I’ll bet they voted for the Alzheimer’s patient in the White House.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
2035 when California has no water or fuel. Bring on the Thunderdome!!

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
You can't push for EVs without pushing even harder to elimatate car dependency. This is not sustainable.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If EVs are so great then why do we need laws to force ppl to buy them?

I like the idea of EVs no oil changes less maintenance less moving parts strong acceleration ect. But lack of range esp in cold weather, time to recharge, strain on grid, impact of batteries on environment ect they arent there yet.

Jonnie T

Badlands
First Name
Jonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've been working in the energy industry for more than 40 years. This is what I've experienced, know, and, believe.

Solar and wind will NEVER be able to meet the demands of the grid. They take up too much land space to be viable, and, when the wind stops blowing.....the meagre amount of energy wind turbines actually do put out stops completely. The whole 'green' discussion about these totally hides the underlying non-environmental processes needed to bring them to market and dispose of later when they fail, break, require maintenance, expire, etc. Somebody makes a ton of cash from these, just not us the consumers.

Natural gas/co-gen stations can contribute but not in a totally 'green' way. They expel heat and gasses that, by all arguments of 'green science', would contribute to our climate issues.

There is lots of coal available for energy purposes, but, it is presented as being not environmentally friendly, which is really just part of the woke 'green' climate agenda to make those who are heavily invested in solar/wind richer. It's hard to believe that in the engineering brilliance of this day and age that there aren't any technologies that can clean/scrub coal to acceptable release levels. It's another part of their agenda to crush it, and, all the hard-working people who are in that industry.

Hydro-electric is a great base load source of grid energy, yet, the 'green' economy doesn't like it either because it blocks natural waterways and floods land areas that could be used for, I don't know, growing coffee beans for Starbucks or stuff like that. Meanwhile, it has been around since the industrial revolution and powering the growth and economy of nations for hundreds of years.

Nuclear is a predominantly 'green' solution to energy needs, and, largely provides the base load in many countries for good reason. It is stable, consistently delivers on output, and, dependable. Yes, there are issues regarding waste fuel and what to do about it, but, those can certainly be overcome with good science and engineering. Yes, there have been big issues with some plants in the past (e.g Three Mile Island, Chernoybl, Fukushima) that are continually brought up by those who clearly don't understand the underlying facts and human performance issues that led to some of them. As a result of those, there have been many changes taken place over the years to address these.

The countries that have decided it was 'green' to get rid of nuclear (look at Germany for example) have certainly found themselves in desperate energy situations. Look at Europe and the need for Russian gas. A good nuclear base load would have alleviated that need to compromise their ethics of buying natural gas from someone who they criticize for a war vs the electrical demands of their countries. However, nuclear is not liked by 'green' agendas because it does not fit with their social agenda, and, political aspirations to look like a 'green' visionary leader.

Small modular reactors (SMRs) that are being developed will begin to be installed and demonstrate their capabilities of delivering grid power locally, and a remote locations, without the need for spending billions to build a bigger scale nuclear plant.

So, if countries want to go 'green' and only have EVs running around the roads, they need to take their heads out of the sand and bring a balanced approach to supplying a grid that is already beginning to fail due to 'green' priorities. The greater demands placed upon the grid by trying to get rid of base load generation and demanding only EV use will expose the 'green' agenda for what it is. Just another part of the 'Great Reset' to make the rich richer, and, the rest of us suffer, but, we'll be happy about having nothing.

How many of these political hacks have replaced their government and personal vehicles with EVs, and, stopped flying jets (personal, governmental, commercial) all over the world burning tons of jet fuel and adding to the climate issue to go to 'green' summits like Davos. Oh, the hypocrisy of it all.

Just my humble .02 though.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Legislation like this is almost always changed as the landscape becomes clearer. Look at California’s PZEV standards and how they shifted initially. I have a Nissan Leaf currently and it’s a massive pain in the ass to find chargers when and where I need them if I do any real driving. That being said, there are new charging stations popping up all the time and as soon as the QTs and Racetracks of the world figure out that having an electric charging station area on their properties will drive more coffee, soda, hotdog sales inside their stores the infrastructure issue will rapidly improve.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I’m just happy that I’ll probably be dead before they outlaw dinosaur juice.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
LoL you all are suckers and damn funny ones at that. Cali is just trying to grab headlines.
Every body knows fossle fuels will be depleted by 2035,
Duh !
I've been hearing about running out of oil since the early 70s, yawn

BTW Wa and Mas anounced 2035 for them too

YamYam

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I remember when there was a time when none of the car companies were making SUVs, and pickup models was getting whittled down to a select few work models as everyone moving towards smaller more fuel efficient vehicles.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.