Clester74

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
It’s A grinding noise that starts after car has been in operation for about 10 minutes. Noticeable when breaking & really noticeable when turning left. Taking it back to the dealer shortly. Stressed about the noise & stressed out letting my 16 yo old drive it to get the video 😢 I have a better one, but too long to post.

Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
It’s A grinding noise that starts after car has been in operation for about 10 minutes. Noticeable when breaking & really noticeable when turning left. Taking it back to the dealer shortly. Stressed about the noise & stressed out letting my 16 yo old drive it to get the video 😢 I have a better one, but too long to post.

Sounds like a disc brake plate .

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
brake disc shield sounds like. not even a repair usually just 30 seconds on lift with pair of pliers.

BUT if it starts 10 min after car has been running(just running or running and driving? differentials will be cold if you aren't driving) that wouldn't be it, the disc shields are constant and more speed dependent. does it go with left and right or just one side? reverse? test for differential issues by a turn SHARP(1/4 turn from full lock should do it) and go forward couple circles, same with reverse , slowly obviously. it might be differential .

Also if you put your phone in the "no wind spot" behind the mirror you can get better sound. ;-)

Last edited:
OP
OP

Clester74

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
brake disc shield sounds like. not even a repair usually just 30 seconds on lift with pair of pliers.

BUT if it starts 10 min after car has been running(just running or running and driving? differentials will be cold if you aren't driving) that wouldn't be it, the disc shields are constant and more speed dependent. does it go with left and right or just one side? reverse? test for differential issues by a turn SHARP(1/4 turn from full lock should do it) and go forward couple circles, same with reverse , slowly obviously. it might be differential .

Also if you put your phone in the "no wind spot" behind the mirror you can get better sound. ;-)
Starts after driving for a bit. They are looking at it right now. I had a video with no wind. Me standing & filming while daughter driving but too long to post.

OP
OP

Clester74

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150

Smaller video

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Starts after driving for a bit. They are looking at it right now. I had a video with no wind. Me standing & filming while daughter driving but too long to post.
yikes, best of luck. i wanna know what is is now. it really doesnt sound like brake disc guards because of the "warm and running" .
Does it go faster when you go faster or is it constant ?
Does it come from center front, center middle, or left and right NOT center?

OP
OP

Clester74

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
I don’t have the full details, but something about a metal band breaking or bent around the exhaust system. Wanted to know if I hit anything. I haven’t. 106 City miles running errands over the weekend. Thought maybe it got damaged getting on or off the truck and then my highway driving this morning caused it to shake loose. Stay tuned.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I don’t have the full details, but something about a metal band breaking or bent around the exhaust system. Wanted to know if I hit anything. I haven’t. 106 City miles running errands over the weekend. Thought maybe it got damaged getting on or off the truck and then my highway driving this morning caused it to shake loose. Stay tuned.
sounds like an exhaust heat shield band clamp. had that happen on my truck. loosened when hot and only rattled/buzzed, for some reason, when turning. replaced it with a stainless steel screw clamp.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Weird but complexity answers everything. Glad it was a simple fix.

OP
OP

Clester74

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
It gets to sit in my garage until parts come in. They keep telling me I hit something. I DID NOT!!! Pretty sure I would have heard something hitting my car as hard as it would had to been hit for this to happen. I pulled out of the house garage with 60 some miles. Got to work pulled in garage and the awful sound started. Pretty sure this was damaged during transport & it just shook loose today. A piece came off and was rubbing the drive shaft. They are checking with Ford on covering costs. Mentioned me claiming it on my insurance which is total BS because I didn’t do anything to my vehicle.

Ford Bronco Sport BS 4 days old & this started 2FB61874-B9E5-45B8-80A7-FF85CF1A5282

Ford Bronco Sport BS 4 days old & this started B94535E2-D078-4DF9-926A-784678C1364D

Ford Bronco Sport BS 4 days old & this started CF32CC23-9CC3-4910-B645-B2DB3FE475A5

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It gets to sit in my garage until parts come in. They keep telling me I hit something. I DID NOT!!! Pretty sure I would have heard something hitting my car as hard as it would had to been hit for this to happen. I pulled out of the house garage with 60 some miles. Got to work pulled in garage and the awful sound started. Pretty sure this was damaged during transport & it just shook loose today. A piece came off and was rubbing the drive shaft. They are checking with Ford on covering costs. Mentioned me claiming it on my insurance which is total BS because I didn’t do anything to my vehicle.

Ford Bronco Sport BS 4 days old & this started 2FB61874-B9E5-45B8-80A7-FF85CF1A5282

Ford Bronco Sport BS 4 days old & this started B94535E2-D078-4DF9-926A-784678C1364D

Ford Bronco Sport BS 4 days old & this started CF32CC23-9CC3-4910-B645-B2DB3FE475A5
Nice to see someone finally doing some serious mall crawling! JK!

That took a serious knock from below. Maybe one of the lot hands tried to jump the curb on the way to PDI. Surprised you didn’t hear it right away. You can see where the muffler is rubbing on the drive shaft because it was broken away from the hanger.

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Quite bummer and hopefully they resolve it for you (some Ford Goodwill!)... On a different note (sorry!), isn't there suppose to be a metal bash plate on the Badlands edition? That looks like the felt underliner, plus only 1 piece/on 1 side??

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
It's there. It's right where the picture edge is at the bottom.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22

I don't doubt that you did not hit anything -- but obviously someone did.

Perhaps it was damaged during transport, as you said.

I don't make a habit of defending dealers, but this is not a clear-cut situation. From their perspective, it's clearly not a mfr defect. There's no way to cover it under warranty.

Your best bet may be trying for some "goodwill assistance" from Ford -- since you cannot prove it happened before delivery and they cannot prove it did not -- and you've had it less than 2 weeks.

Good luck!

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"

OP, couple things to pay VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to
Note the top post (green arrows)
Note the lower post (rubber rings)
Top post sure looks bent (not parallel to lower post)
Lower post looks untouched
How does upper post take a hit and lower post is fine????
If this is the case I'd suggest it may have been installed this way
damaged from the start

Another point to take note of
exhaust muffler/post takes a giant hit
heat shield inches away unscathed?

Ford Bronco Sport BS 4 days old & this started 1656981913723
Sponsored

Last edited: