Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Bronco Sport continues its very strong sales and production performance in January 2024.

Last month's sales outpaced January 2023 sales (9,438), representing a 4% year-over-year increase.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport January 2024 Sales & Production: 9,821 Sold / 14,639 Produced january-2024-ford-u-s-sales-data-tables1
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport January 2024 Sales & Production: 9,821 Sold / 14,639 Produced january-2024-ford-u-s-sales-data-tables2
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport January 2024 Sales & Production: 9,821 Sold / 14,639 Produced january-2024-ford-u-s-sales-data-tables3
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's

Bt_okst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 bronco sport obx
Big bronco sales are putrid. My home town dealer can't give them away. Guess the botched introduction and production issues really did taint the brand. I know from inside sources they expected to outsell the wranglers, but instead are getting creamed by jeep.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big bronco sales are putrid. My home town dealer can't give them away. Guess the botched introduction and production issues really did taint the brand. I know from inside sources they expected to outsell the wranglers, but instead are getting creamed by jeep.
Wranglers are all over the place here in SC in the Charlotte NC suburbs. Even my granddaughter has a black on black '23 Wrangler Rubicon.. A few Broncos and some Bronco Sports but Wranglers rule here.

Last edited:

TCBSport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport, 2012 Land Rover LR4 5.0L
Reminds me a bit of the botched T-Bird launch back in 2001. There was so much hype over this car and I think it looked really good but wow were people pissed when orders were cancelled and promises broken. The 6G Bronco gravy train for Ford is over and we will have to wait and see how long it is feasible for Ford to manufacture them (a long time I hope!).
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport January 2024 Sales & Production: 9,821 Sold / 14,639 Produced tbird

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Reminds me a bit of the botched T-Bird launch back in 2001. There was so much hype over this car and I think it looked really good but wow were people pissed when orders were cancelled and promises broken. The 6G Bronco gravy train for Ford is over and we will have to wait and see how long it is feasible for Ford to manufacture them (a long time I hope!).
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport January 2024 Sales & Production: 9,821 Sold / 14,639 Produced tbird
Another Chevy HHR?
The BS will sell pretty well for a few years but not if the price keeps rising. $45K for a BS is nuts.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Wrangler is overpriced and more offroad-worthy which most buyers don't do. The Wrangler has a cult following that the BS or Bronco will never have.
I love the look of the Wrangler but not the price or the highway steering wobble on a long trip.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Bronco sales are quite fine. It took three years for production to meet demand and original orders. I’d say that’s a pretty good launch of a vehicle.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sales are quite fine. It took three years for production to meet demand and original orders. I’d say that’s a pretty good launch of a vehicle.
The Chevy HHR and PT Cruiser launched well too.
When you have 95-100 days of inventory, it's not good. Though, it's good for buyers with big discounting and no or low interest rates.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
When you have 95-100 days of inventory, it's not good. Though, it's good for buyers with big discounting and no or low interest rates.
This is the first time they’ve had inventory since launch. It’s not like the Bronco launched yesterday and no one is buying them. Interest rates, inflation, and general uncertainty for a lot of people have stalled a lot of new car sales. Not just Broncos.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is the first time they’ve had inventory since launch. It’s not like the Bronco launched yesterday and no one is buying them. Interest rates, inflation, and general uncertainty for a lot of people have stalled a lot of new car sales. Not just Broncos.
Honda and Toyota haven't had issues with sales. Not many, if any models with 100 days of inventory and that's with no discounting and addendum stickers. They don't even have much in stock inventory.
The BS will sell now because of discounting and low or no interest financing. If demand was that great, no 100 days of inventory.
The Maverick is at 40 days in inventory.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Honda and Toyota haven't had issues with sales. Not many, if any models with 100 days of inventory and that's with no discounting and addendum stickers. They don't even have much in stock inventory.
The BS will sell now because of discounting and low or no interest financing. If demand was that great, no 100 days of inventory.
All true, but I don't see this as a Bronco problem as much as an economic problem. Ford also priced themselves out trying to grab some of the ADM for themselves during the crazy market over the last 3 years. They will need incentives to normalize their prices.

Also right now anyone in the market for a new Bronco also knows that the 2024 models all have 12in screens and SAS packages get upgraded HOSS 3.0 steering. Some would wait for a 2024 over a 2023 for this reason. Or would only buy a 2023 at a deep discount. Add to that you're also looking at a 2025 refresh on both so Ford could see a slow year regardless as people wait for a refresh and better economic conditions for car buying.

I don't interpret any of that as the Bronco brand is not a success.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All true, but I don't see this as a Bronco problem as much as an economic problem. Ford also priced themselves out trying to grab some of the ADM for themselves during the crazy market over the last 3 years. They will need incentives to normalize their prices.

Also right now anyone in the market for a new Bronco also knows that the 2024 models all have 12in screens and SAS packages get upgraded HOSS 3.0 steering. Some would wait for a 2024 over a 2023 for this reason. Or would only buy a 2023 at a deep discount. Add to that you're also looking at a 2025 refresh on both so Ford could see a slow year regardless as people wait for a refresh and better economic conditions for car buying.

I don't interpret any of that as the Bronco brand is not a success.
The BS is more of a success because they were hard to get initially.
I feel if the BS was readily available in the last couple of years, the sales would decline a bit. Interest would have waned a bit maybe until the refresh with Sync4 etc.

You can get a '23 with big discounts and 0% financing and probably fewer deleted parts. I've posted many times here that I love the two door Bronco but not the $60k it would cost the way I want it.

I'll also add that even though the 1.5L is adequate in peppyness, I wouldn't buy another BS with the 1.5L. Too many reported issues to think about happening. At the risk of pissing off a few here, I've never felt this way about any Toyota or Honda I've owned. Yes, both are not perfect but the confidence was there. Not so much with the BS but the retro look got me. Too bad the OBX didn't have a 2.0L option. I had a MKC and Corsair with the 2.0L and it was great. Not one issue with those vehicles. When buying an American badge, it's been Ford only for decades.
Sponsored

Last edited: